camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

single of the day

Go down 
+15
johnfm
theboywho
paul
TracyanneLovesTheGers
Pete
Dr K
sixthofmay
tonybolony
derek
steven13
nick
somethinglikeant
clarky
bossanovacowboy
graeme
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
paul

single of the day - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 6:05 pm

hahahaha. love it! especially the ketchup all over Michael John.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:40 pm

ahh may as well put the school up here agin.. from the new album tho..
Back to top Go down
TracyanneLovesTheGers

TracyanneLovesTheGers

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:52 pm

Yeah, am loving Loveless Unbeliever, so many great tracks and a few are already classics to my mind. I finally saw them play last month (my first time, having been listening to MP3s and the like for it seemed like at least six months) and got the advance copy of the CD (the vinyl wasn't ready unfortunately). They also had a couple of the hard to find 7" singles for sale on the tour, dead cheap, which I snapped up.

Note on this track the similarity of the middle eight (at 1:43) to an old (UK) TV game show Blankety Blank! I asked Liz School about this and she admitted that at soundchecks she does indeed sing the Blankety Blank theme along to that bit!

Blankety Blank here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnNJ_Ne0wC4

Phwoaaaar! Isla St Clair! The Tracyanne Campbell of her day.
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:03 am

Ahhh thanks for that single tony. Now I really want to buy the gimmicky red vinyl.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:12 pm

keep the singles of the day goin folks - i really look forward to new stuff and revivin the bands i do know about... you all give me great tips for bands and tunes so please keep feeding this addiction!
bolony
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:29 pm

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13970-maintenant/

did ya listen to this yet...this lucky soul lot keep poppin up n`all..........
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:07 pm

see??!! yer not even in this country and yer picking out bands here that i've overlooked!! friggin sweet - may have a chance to even see them!
bolony (with mayo)
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:39 pm

tonybolony wrote:
keep the singles of the day goin folks - i really look forward to new stuff and revivin the bands i do know about... you all give me great tips for bands and tunes so please keep feeding this addiction!
bolony

heys you know i post em when i've got em. haven't heard anything in awhile, usually i end up with a lot of new stuff in short bursts. don't really know why or how that happens, but that's what happens.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 2:33 pm

i know ya post lots paul - just tryin to encourage some more! Wink
i been listenin to the Sounds lately but they are more in the vein of Ida Maria or Tegan n Sara.. not sure how much interest for them here so i'll play it safer with another Sasha Bell... well, when she played with Ladybug Transistor... couldna find a utube of "Hangin' On The Line" from their slef-titled LP from 2003 so here's "places you'll call home"..
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:08 pm

bloody hell. guess its bout time to go in debt over at merge again ... i had heard of ladybug but never heard their music. good stuff.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:30 pm

heh heh - sorry paul... yeah, they are good but i must admit i much prefer the songs Sasha takes lead.. an she only does on a handful.. great songs tho
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:06 pm

an here we go...
B & S - blues are still blue
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:07 pm

saw this cute lil animation short for it...
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Coooool. I didn't know there was a video for any of the stuff on TLP. Of course, I never look. I'm not really a music video person.

That one needs a, "Kids, Please Try This At Home" warning. Also, can you imagine the conversation with the laundromat staff?
Stu: "Can we use your place to do some filming?"
Staff: "Sure"
Stu: "We're going to do a few wacky things, you know, pretend a dog got washed in one of the machines, fly a few doves from a dryer. You know..."
Staff: "Aww, sounds cute. Just make sure there's no bird poop or anything when you're done. Here's the keys."
Stu: "Cool, cool. Yeah it's gonna be way fun to see how much compost we can dump inside that double load machine."
Staff: "Hahaha .... wait, what?"
Stu: "Stevie, how do you think we'll get all that corn in the front-load dryer without it falling out?"
Staff: "Hey, I..."
Stu: "Do you folk know if it's against the law to stuff people inside one of these machines? Ah doesn't matter, we won't tell if you don't. [wink] We'll probably shoot on Saturday afternoon, you know, so we can get some extras. It'd be best if you weren't here. Ta!"
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:42 pm

an dont forget....
Stu "so how many bags of concrete do you think we can stuff in the washer?"
Staff: "..uh what? wait a minute..."
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:54 pm

Did some youtubin for some of my favs, I'm suprised more of you aren't aware/huge fans of Jim Noir. Ok, so that French Navy remix was a bit odd. But he's fantastic. There is no person on earth who cannot love this guy's stuff... (hey I'm even half hoping that the mysterious boyfriend TAC speaks of on the C/O blog is Mr Noir)

And you can get his 2008 album on bright fluorescent orange vinyl for a measly $12. http://www.barsuk.com/shop/bark073

[edit:] Here's one with marionette dolls.

Last edited by paul on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:09 pm

i dont know why but your link wont play... i get a "this video contains content... bla bla... copyright... bla bla.." did a look and found another one...

tha other one works tho...
Back to top Go down
TracyanneLovesTheGers

TracyanneLovesTheGers

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:36 pm

paul wrote:
(hey I'm even half hoping that the mysterious boyfriend TAC speaks of on the C/O blog is Mr Noir)]

Unless I'm much mistaken that 'mystery man' is in fact Tim Davidson, guitarist with Glasgow band Attic Lights (who share a manager with Camera Obscura in the shape of Francis McDonald). Not that I made it my job to know or anything.
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:07 pm

tonybolony wrote:
i dont know why but your link wont play... i get a "this video contains content... bla bla... copyright... bla bla.." did a look and found another one...

tha other one works tho...

bizarre...cos i took that link directly from jimnoir's youtube channel.
anyway i fixed it by replacing the code with your link.

TracyanneLovesTheGers wrote:
paul wrote:
(hey I'm even half hoping that the mysterious boyfriend TAC speaks of on the C/O blog is Mr Noir)]

Unless I'm much mistaken that 'mystery man' is in fact Tim Davidson, guitarist with Glasgow band Attic Lights (who share a manager with Camera Obscura in the shape of Francis McDonald). Not that I made it my job to know or anything.

Hmm. Well I suppose that is acceptable. .....
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:28 pm

ok...mind has been blown again! just went to a Neeje dinner function last night - my wife is an active member and helps organize this event each year. This year was their 10th anniversary and they had some members of the Leahy band come play (they have some close friends in the Kingston branch i guess). For those who don't know them, they are a family of 11 kids who have grown up with Celtic music in their blood and have been performing since they were wee lads and lasses... i think the youngest is about 35ish. They sing, play guitar, piano, flutes, drums and most impressively, fiddles and step-dancing... seemingly all of them can do it all and interchange several times throughout the show (sometimes in the middle of a tune without missing a beat!). Absolutely PHENOMENAL!!! Everytime I see this family, I want desperately to learn to play the fiddle! anyhow, here's an old youtube of them in fine form....

last night we saw one of the guys (Angus) and 3 of the sisters, one of their daughters (15) and a niece (who was 8!!! put me to shame any day of the week!). What a family!!
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:22 pm

some shacknetters plus a guest appearence by dereks avatar...........
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:18 pm

nice tune there Graeme!...

selection today fer me is Wilco - You Are My Face
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:57 pm

been listenin to a bit of the Hermit Crabs today so... here's a rehearsal vid for "correspondence course"... couldna find a better one
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:03 pm

Here's a Belle & Sebastian rarity I'm guessing only a fan the likes of Derek has heard before.
I'm A Cuckoo - Japanese Version:

Worth a chuckle or two. I like the fact that Stuart actually took time to rerecord his vocals in Japanese - I wonder how a Scottish accent translates down...
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 2:44 am

thats hilarious! ....i wonder what cuckoo is in Japanese Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

single of the day
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next