camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....

Go down 
+5
Big Julie
nick
somethinglikeant
bossanovacowboy
graeme
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
graeme
Admin
graeme

random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:44 pm

i do have followers"i`m a very noughty boy"...several puns etc there...i dont understand twatter....an joined thinkin it was like a forum,an mainly cos this gang of villians use it(they would make a good scooby doo mob,i suppose)erm scooby doo=clue....hmmmm i don`t got a scooby?etc.........and here we are talkin bout capo`s,well at leats we are all still here an waitin for the sun...............
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:50 pm

paul wrote:
...anybody else here a fellow upperclass twit of the year 1973?
Hey! i resemble that comment!
on twit as tonybolony of course...
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:51 pm

graeme wrote:
.an joined thinkin it was like a forum,an mainly cos this gang of villians use it..
i too joined just to follow a few bands that i heard used it...
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:56 pm

i shall try and twit....somehow i struggle...............
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:25 pm

Quote :
felixdass 18 Fans Bus Trip to see @Camera_obscura_. Please go this link: http://bit.ly/bLfoNg It's next week! Super excited
looks like a blast! wish someone round here would organize such a trip to a CO show... the only fans i know are people that i've introduced to their music and the former co-worker who lent me biggest bluest way back when (thanks Mike! Cool ).. and i'm nowhere near "together" enuff to do it myself... ahh well
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Quote :
Almost forgotten cheesy version of Lloyd on #6Music right now. Oops. What were we thinking?
anyone know what shes talkin about? cheesy? lloyd?? never...
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 1:55 pm

still wonderin about the"version" of lloyd shes talkin about... anyone know if there's a different version?

anyhow saw a retwit from the band... not sure of who this person is but they got to follow the band for two shows at least and the pics are pretty good - gives ya the backstage feel of a day-in-life-of y'know.. i don't speak whatever language that is so the blog part is all jibberish to me... here's the link to the site... http://satriaramadhan.multiply.com/photos
theres even some pics of their equipment for all you tech savvy folks...
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:21 pm

Some recent twatter seems to have shed some light on the crazy version of Lloyd. Seems to be a radio session that was on BBC Radio 6.

Quote :

@camera_obscura_: Listening Again to bizarre swing version of Lloyd on @laverneshow earlier today. Response: confused. c.

@laverneshow: @camera_obscura_ That was a session version you guys performed on 6music a while back. (gb)

@laverneshow (Don't exactly remember doing it, or rehearsing it that way... must be our tribute band I reckon. Thanks for playing it x)

None of my bootlegs have this. However, if it's from the same session, there's an upper tempo version of Swans, and crazy swing[ish] version of French Navy from 24-04-2009. Sounds like they reorganized it in 6/8 time and Carey is playing a Rhodes! It's possible that they recorded Lloyd too, but it wasn't aired on the day this bootleg was captured.

Here is what I've got:

And for kicks, here's a cool version of Lloyd also recorded on 6, this december. Has Kenny singing backup and he's mixed in really high. I don't think this is the version they are chattin about.

Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 2:18 pm

yeah this has been kinda buggin me since they twittered it the first time. i have a Music Hub session version from 2006 but its not really "swingy" - its more of a countryish slowed down version.. its a nice session actually cause they did Modern Girl, Tears for Affairs and False Contender. oh, i'm listening to it as i type and the intro said bbc 6 so maybe it IS this one...
how'd you put the music player into this Paul? i will link it up...
tony
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:59 pm

tonybolony wrote:

how'd you put the music player into this Paul? i will link it up...
tony

it's a flash music player i've got hosted on my webserver. to use it, enter this code in your post:

Code:

[flash(300,22)]http://technicallyincorrect.net/xspf.swf?song_url=URL OF MP3 ON WEB&song_title=TITLE OF SONG&player_title=Click To Play[/flash]

If you don't have anywhere to host the mp3 file, send me a pm and i'll give you ftp access to a site on my server i dont use.
Back to top Go down
CristianisDaMan

CristianisDaMan

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Out of curiosity, has anyone met any members of the band?

Just curious...sorry for going slightly off topic. Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://cristiangonzales.tumblr.com/
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 9:13 pm

CristianisDaMan wrote:

I think most of the regulars here have met the band. I've definitely had a few encounters with them. They are really the nicest group of people you could imagine. Honestly, as sweet as can be. I don't know if they remember my name or anything, but they definitely know who I am and smile and wave at me and my girlfriend every time they see us in the crowd at a gig. Depending on the venue, some or all of the band usually comes out after the gigs and say "hi" and sign autographs and such.

And honestly, if they are nice to me and my girlfriend, they must be incredibly sweet. Because we are totally crazy and annoying. Any other band would be completely fed up with us by now. But at least the Camera Obscura crew seem to realize that our enthusiasm is positive and involuntary. The music just makes me act nuts. I love it so.
Back to top Go down
CristianisDaMan

CristianisDaMan

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 9:23 pm

derek wrote:
CristianisDaMan wrote:

I think most of the regulars here have met the band. I've definitely had a few encounters with them. They are really the nicest group of people you could imagine. Honestly, as sweet as can be. I don't know if they remember my name or anything, but they definitely know who I am and smile and wave at me and my girlfriend every time they see us in the crowd at a gig. Depending on the venue, some or all of the band usually comes out after the gigs and say "hi" and sign autographs and such.

And honestly, if they are nice to me and my girlfriend, they must be incredibly sweet. Because we are totally crazy and annoying. Any other band would be completely fed up with us by now. But at least the Camera Obscura crew seem to realize that our enthusiasm is positive and involuntary. The music just makes me act nuts. I love it so.

LOL....

How hilarious.

Well, I hope to meet the band. As I mentioned in another thread, they inspired me to make a video that has connected with a lot of people, and their music in general has gotten me through some really tough times in my life.

I'll definitely stick around after the show then to try and land a little bit of video time with them, ask them a few questions, etc.

I do wonder if they've ever seen the video. I wish I could write them an email letting them know how much their music means to me. Ahh well. Maybe they know somehow, someway. :-)

I'd love to hear some of the stories about the fans who've met them. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cristiangonzales.tumblr.com/
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:47 pm

yeah, Derek is right - they are really great down-to-earth folks who will certainly chat it up with you. My wife and I have talked to them before and after both shows we saw. The first time we stayed after to get autographs as suggested by the fine people on this forum and they all signed my copy of maudlin and then we chatted with TAC for about 5 minutes or so. Let her know how much we love their music and how easy it is to "connect with". She was extremely sincere and focused on our conversation despite being hounded to either side for autographs. We got to talk very briefly with some of the others but Gavin was not there (death in the family i believe) and they seemed just as interested in us as us in them! The next show we saw them several months later and it was just luck as we were really early for the show and went looking for a bank machine. As we walked down the street, I thought I recognized the guy in front of me but it didnt "click" right away. When my brain finally woke up i realized it was Gavin and the gang was just in front of him. I whispered to my wife and she started gleefully and somewhat crazily jumping up and down. I think Gavin thought he had some nutters behind him and walked faster! When we got to a red light, we chatted with them again saying how we've driven from "miles just to see them play" and they were really great, especially Kenny despite the fact that they were eagerly searching for a place to eat before the show.
All in all, they are one of the best bands to chat it up with so hope you get a chance, Cristian!
oh and welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:30 pm

I didn't get to see the band afterward on Saturday, unfortunately, they didn't stick around, and I'm not surprised because they had to be in Wisconsin the next day for another show. But before the show, during the warm-up act, I did get to chat with Tim for a bit as he was in the audience watching the support band. (Later to jump up on stage and play trumpet on a song) He's a rather nice bloke like the rest of them, apparently American, and going to school for mathematics. I guess that kind of puts him around my age. Quite glad I met him, as I've always been leery of "the kid who isn't Nigel." Now whenever I see Nigel, it'll be "the guy who isn't Tim." ;)

Next time those folks aren't allowed to escape! I'll meet em if I have to knock on the trailer. LOL (Just kidding. Probably.)
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:07 pm

ah too bad Paul! i think ya buttered em up right with the wine tho! all these gifts! you guys... no wonder there's no canadian show this time... we suck! all that they got from us is a crappy bill to repaint their bus.. erg - gonna hafta come up with something now..
btw - was that your rap song i saw spoken of on twitter? Wink
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:38 pm

LOL. No, that song was not mine, I just don't really understand the appeal of rap myself. Got through about 4 lines of that one about mentioning Tracyanne (I'm not really sure if it's about TAC as much as it just has her name in it) before I had to shut it off. Yeah I'm a bit white.

Despite it being devilishly hot in that bar and them drippin' sweat along with the rest of us (I don't think the A/C could keep up. That tiny little concrete and brick room was PACKED wall to wall), the band seemed to really enjoy themselves. TAC was almost constantly smiling, which is becoming less rare but still very nice to see.

Last edited by paul on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:41 pm

some kinda funny updates/bridget jonesy entries on their proper blog... this one may get some of yer blood pumpin...
Quote :
Thought it would be nice to be a big cat so I bought a leopard print jumper and a pendent with a leopard on it
T
jus ignore the bit bout her boyfriend...
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:42 pm

paul wrote:
LOL. No not mine, I just don't really understand the appeal of rap myself. Got through about 4 lines of that one ...about... Tracyanne (I'm not really sure if it's about TAC as much as it just has her name in it) before I had to shut it off. Yeah I'm a bit white.
ahh bit more of a Vanilla fan then? ice ice...
Razz
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:44 pm

tonybolony wrote:
some kinda funny updates/bridget jonesy entries on their proper blog... this one may get some of yer blood pumpin...
Quote :
Thought it would be nice to be a big cat so I bought a leopard print jumper and a pendent with a leopard on it
T
jus ignore the bit bout her boyfriend...

I noticed they've updated all the band profiles too. Don't know when they did that but it's new little snippets of info.
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:53 pm

tonybolony wrote:

ahh bit more of a Vanilla fan then? ice ice...
:P

Hahaha. I always refused to listen to that guy, soley for the reason that he stole Queen's bass-pattern from "Under Pressure". Not only am I white, I'm egregiously vindictive!
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 pm

i'm in the same boat there... i LOVE artists who cant come up with stuff on their own, take a hit from the past and just rap overtop the tune.. so original.. oh so good... ugg
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:06 pm

nice little interview here...
http://www.undertheradarmag.com/interviews/camera_obscura_2010/
ta not_stuart!
bolony
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:42 pm

i've always like the band's name Camera Obscura... i remember reading some interview with TAC mentioning that she would've maybe liked to come up with something different.. can't seem to find that old interview tho..
she said something about the guys picking the name or some such.. ya think it was cause of this?!
random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 Camera10
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:08 pm

tonybolony wrote:
i've always like the band's name Camera Obscura... i remember reading some interview with TAC mentioning that she would've maybe liked to come up with something different.. can't seem to find that old interview tho..
she said something about the guys picking the name or some such.. ya think it was cause of this?!

Quick Google search shows that this book was released in 2002. So a bit late for them to take the name from that I guess.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_Obscura_(Doctor_Who)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next