camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Camera Obscura artwork!!

Go down 
+3
graeme
steven13
Rich_G
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich_G

My Camera Obscura artwork!! Empty
PostSubject: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:11 pm

This is my first post, and I thought I'd show you an artwork I have made. It has a very distinct Camera Obscura theme!

Well here goes, don't say I didn't warn you...

https://2img.net/h/i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/scotti2hotti1/SDC13089.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/scotti2hotti1/SDC13096.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/scotti2hotti1/SDC13097.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/scotti2hotti1/SDC13095.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/scotti2hotti1/SDC13094.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/scotti2hotti1/SDC13091.jpg

I was lucky enough to have this signed by the band at a show here in Melbourne, Australia. A previous post asked whether the band would sign cd's, etc. I can assure they will. Incredibly friendly and very appreciative of what I presented them with. I would go so far as to say the nicest band I have ever encountered!!

I also was given copy of tonights set-list. Actually, a mystery hand from nowhere thrust a copy out from the closed stage curtain! I, of course, happily accepted it!

My Maudlin Career
Swans
Teenager
Tears For Affairs
You Told A Lie
The Sweetest Thing
French Navy
Honey In The Sun
Forests & Sands / Pen & Notebook
James
Lloyd I'm Ready To Be...
If Looks Could Kill
Let's Get Out Of This Country

Encore
Come Back Margaret
Razzle Dazzle Rose (My personal favourite!)
Back to top Go down
steven13

steven13

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:43 pm

I think your artwork is great, nice one
Re the band I've met them loads and they are all absolutely brilliant people
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:41 am

wow megafan...welcome an that...i actually found a 7" collectin box for me singles,on the weekend...i need to make a camera obscura-the singles cover...an i thought that was gonna be hard work...nice one...........
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:01 pm

So thats where all the copies of Rare UK Bird are Rolling Eyes

Nice Work Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
blurecu

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:53 pm

Any chance they were selling the Maudlin Career special edition? We're curious of the bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
Rich_G

PostSubject: Maudlin Career Special Edition?   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:51 pm

Sadly I can't answer that question. By the time I'd finished talking with the band and packed up my things, the venue was empty and the merch table had packed up.
I wasn't even aware myself that there was to be a special edition until I read a twitter post about it. Did a search on the obvious music sites here in Australia but came up with nothing. The only thing I found different was an extra track on the Itunes Australia release, but not five tracks.
Had a passing glance at the merch coming in, usual fare. T-shirts, tote bags, etc.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:02 pm

so what was the bonus track on itunes? on iTunes Canada it's "world is full of strangers" - just curious..
oh - an nice art!
Back to top Go down
Rich_G

PostSubject: Bonus track on itunes   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:11 pm

World Is Full Of Strangers is the bonus track on itunes Australia as well. And thank you for liking my art. I've actually made a second piece which is now in my Photobucket library. Had a few leftover images...
Back to top Go down
Rich_G

PostSubject: Australian Tour Edition of Maudlin!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:17 am

The tour edition of My Maudlin Career has been released in Australia. Released in a 'deluxe-slipcase' and a limited release of 1000 copies. The second cd has these tracks, nothing new I'm afraid.

The World Is Full Of Strangers - Bonus Track
You're The Only Star In My Blue Heaven - Bonus Track
French Navy (Jim Noir remix) - Bonus Track
Tougher Than The Rest - Bonus Track
The Blizzard - Bonus Track
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:45 pm

What EP's are "The World Is Full Of Strangers", and "You're The Only Star In My Blue Heaven" on? Cos I don't have those tracks...
Back to top Go down
Rich_G

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:59 pm

"World Is Full Of Strangers" is the bonus track on the itunes release, "Blue Heaven" is a B-side on the French Navy single.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:21 pm

I'ts bit dissapointing for me, but I'll have to get the EP just for WiFOS, and I'm not a huge fan of remixes, was hoping for another B'side only available on 7" vinyl or an extra cover. Sad
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Pete wrote:
I'ts bit dissapointing for me, but I'll have to get the EP just for WiFOS, and I'm not a huge fan of remixes, was hoping for another B'side only available on 7" vinyl or an extra cover. :(

The Jim Noir remix is bizarre but cool. I didn't like it the first time. Then I got into Jim Noir's own music, which is absolutely fantastic, and the French Navy remix didn't sound so terrible.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:50 pm

If you click on the thread - My Ipod doesn't Lie, like I did last week, and click your Last FM playlist, you can see how much Jim Noir you've been listening too recently Shocked
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Or you can click on the "Now Playing" button in my signature. (Which doesn't appear to be appearing at this moment.... hmm... must fix that) Which will take you to my Last.FM profile.

And that doesn't keep track of my vinyl or car or smartphone. The Last.FM basically just keeps track of what I'm listening to while sitting in front of my office computer...
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Pete wrote:
I'ts bit dissapointing for me, but I'll have to get the EP just for WiFOS, and I'm not a huge fan of remixes, was hoping for another B'side only available on 7" vinyl or an extra cover. Sad

as far as i know iTunes (or other online stores) are the only places to get the digital file but it was available on that first release of the single French Navy.... http://www.4ad.com/releases/french-navy-0/
...it took a coupla months for me to track a copy down if i remember right

but yeah - always rather hav some new bsides from the masters of b-sides

tony
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 pm

Despite the fact that these bonuses are on existing EP's, I am gonna be scouring ebay for this special edition. It'd be nice to have lossless quality versions of these songs (cause you know I am an mp3-hater). Or hopefully, they'll be selling copies when they visit my hometown in April. :)

EDIT: Just got confimation via twitter that the special edition ONLY goes to Japan and Oz:

Quote :
not_paul: @camera_obscura_ Will you be selling the special edition Maudlin during the US tour leg? Elsewise I may have to go ebay.au shopping.
camera_obscura: @not_paul No that a AU/Japan only release with the b-sides on cos they got it later than you.
not_paul: @camera_obscura_ Aw, shucks.
Back to top Go down
Rich_G

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:48 am

If you're having no luck getting a copy of the Australian/Japan Tour Edition through ebay, maybe try www.jbhifi.com.au , they have copies for sale in their online store.
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Rich_G wrote:
If you're having no luck getting a copy of the Australian/Japan Tour Edition through ebay, maybe try www.jbhifi.com.au , they have copies for sale in their online store.

I just looked there. All sold out. Maybe the band will trade me a special edition CD for a wine tour of Iowa. Aw hell, I'd give them a wine tour for free. :D
Back to top Go down
Rich_G

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Have a closer look Paul. The first item in the column you may have been looking at was the standard edition of Maudlin which is sold out, the second item in the column is the limited edition which is available. I just ordered a copy of it myself. JB has a list of available Camera Obscura releases, you just have to type them (Camera Obscura) into the CD search engine (you probably have already done this, just making sure).
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:20 pm

Aha! There it is. I know I was looking at the LTD EDITION a few hours ago, but it said sold out then. At least I thought. That might have been before my morning's espresso. Order'd.

They can still have a wine tour if they want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Camera Obscura artwork!!   My Camera Obscura artwork!! Empty

Back to top Go down

My Camera Obscura artwork!!
Page 1 of 1