camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   Tue May 04, 2010 5:37 pm

ahh maybe an episode name then? i know Gav is a fan right..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   Tue May 04, 2010 6:31 pm

tonybolony wrote:
ahh maybe an episode name then? i know Gav is a fan right..

There's no episodes with that title. (I've seen them ALL) I originally thought the cover you posted was a photoshop even, because I blanketly dismiss scifi novels based off tv shows. But yeah Gav is a huge fan. Even had a mini TARDIS sitting on top of his amp. I took a picture but they all came out too blurry (20x zoom with no light and no tripod...yeah not the best)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   Tue May 04, 2010 7:05 pm

paul wrote:
But yeah Gav is a huge fan. Even had a mini TARDIS sitting on top of his amp. I took a picture but they all came out too blurry (20x zoom with no light and no tripod...yeah not the best)
what? you mean you weren't 12 inches away from the amp? how can you enjoy a show when you can hear "other" stuff... Wink
i plan on being too close for a pic... maybe right by Derek (heh heh).. just look for the drunken dancin fool in the future youtubes! that'll be me..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   Tue May 04, 2010 7:11 pm

nice twitter response to ya Paul...

Carey wrote:
..it's a book

sarcasm never dripped so thick.. hahaha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   Tue May 04, 2010 7:12 pm

tonybolony wrote:
paul wrote:
But yeah Gav is a huge fan. Even had a mini TARDIS sitting on top of his amp. I took a picture but they all came out too blurry (20x zoom with no light and no tripod...yeah not the best)
what? you mean you weren't 12 inches away from the amp? how can you enjoy a show when you can hear "other" stuff... ;)
i plan on being too close for a pic... maybe right by Derek (heh heh).. just look for the drunken dancin fool in the future youtubes! that'll be me..

I was actually about 3 feet from the stage, but on Carey's side, and the amp was buried back on the other side. I only noticed the Tardis figurine because a roadie actually brought it out and set it on the amp. I wonder if it's something functional like a tuner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   Tue May 04, 2010 7:15 pm

tonybolony wrote:
nice twitter response to ya Paul...

Carey wrote:
..it's a book

sarcasm never dripped so thick.. hahaha!

LOL, no kidding.

Seriously though, that's an awesome find, tony. A Doctor Who book subtitled "Camera Obscura" by an author named "Lloyd Rose"? Uncanny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:20 pm

didnt know where i should post this twitt from the band..

Quote :
ooh, did anyone hear Cain Dingle playing The World Is Full OF Strangers on Emmerdale last week?

i didna even know what the show was or who the hell Dingle is so i googled it all.. brit soap i guess.. but World is full of strangers?! great great tune! still dont know how it didnt make the album...
anyone here watch the show? i tried finding a stream of the episode in question to no avail.. yeah, i'm that obscessed! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:31 pm

hahaha to my shame i do see it now and again...and corrie...yeah they are british soaps tony...missed this particular episode.....that scruffy urchin reminds me of ian brown so i switch it off.....hahahaha your right though,great tune..........
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:27 pm

got an email from the band this morning - well, from the shop...

Quote :
Hello folks, just a quick hello to let you know the last dates for Christmas Posting. We recommend that you make your Christmas orders soon to ensure their timely arrival! So, here goes:

International Airmail

Mon 6 Dec - South & Central America, Caribbean, Africa, Middle East, Asia, Far East (incl. Japan), Australia & New Zealand

Fri 10 Dec - Eastern Europe, USA & Canada

Mon 13 Dec - Western Europe

UK

Tue 21 Dec - First Class and Recorded Signed For

Here's a few suggestions for filling up those stockings!

We've stocked up on mugs, badges, and tote bags and for your lovely lady or special friend we still have a small number of French Navy brooches designed by the girls at Tatty Devine. And don't forget the bairns...!

We're also giving signed copies of the cd single 'Blizzard' with orders over £30! This offer will run from now until Christmas Eve (while stocks last). www.camera-obscura-shop.net

wish i had £30..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....   

Back to top Go down

random ramblings of the band known as camera obscura....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3