camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2009 US Winter Tour

Go down 
+8
steven13
paul
sixthofmay
Squij
graeme
blurecu
tonybolony
derek
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
paul

2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 3:21 am

Pete wrote:
Does anyone young computakidz know how to transfer this onto DVD so I can watch it in Big Screen ? :bounce:

The conversion process takes some software that actually costs money, which thanks to my profession, I have... so I'll set that up for you tomorrow while I'm supposed to be building online catalogs, and send it over. But the quality won't be fantastic. The video file is smaller than standard DVD resolution, for one, so the upsampling + conversion to MPEG2 format (what DVD's basically are) would make it look all pixel-y.
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:31 pm

paul wrote:
Pete wrote:
Does anyone young computakidz know how to transfer this onto DVD so I can watch it in Big Screen ? bounce

The conversion process takes some software that actually costs money, which thanks to my profession, I have... so I'll set that up for you tomorrow while I'm supposed to be building online catalogs, and send it over. But the quality won't be fantastic. The video file is smaller than standard DVD resolution, for one, so the upsampling + conversion to MPEG2 format (what DVD's basically are) would make it look all pixel-y.

Did you still have these files? I tried making a DVD a couple of months ago and it didn't work. But I really, really want a DVD of this. It's pretty much my favorite concert ever.
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:35 pm

derek wrote:
paul wrote:
Pete wrote:
Does anyone young computakidz know how to transfer this onto DVD so I can watch it in Big Screen ? bounce

Did you still have these files? I tried making a DVD a couple of months ago and it didn't work. But I really, really want a DVD of this. It's pretty much my favorite concert ever.

Actually... I found the original files that I downloaded from the site... but maybe they were corrupted or something. I dunno.

Did anyone else have luck making the DVD?
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:39 pm

thats weird - i burned a copy on a disc as a backup but the ones on my computer were corrupt too... self-destruct on em or what?! i never tried to burn to dvd after readin Paul's post - not that gifted here... an now i gotta find that damn disc..
Back to top Go down
CristianisDaMan

CristianisDaMan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:44 pm

i noticed in the beginning of the thread people were asking about sell outs.

i can confirm their 4/21 show in SF was a sell out.

when we got in line, the box office showed tickets were sold out.
Back to top Go down
http://cristiangonzales.tumblr.com/
paul

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:46 pm

@tony & derek: I made the dvd and sent it to a few folks, but everybody that got it said the audio/video got out of sync. i never watched the original front to back, so i dont know if the sync problem was in the source, but i'm guessing it had something to do with the conversion. i can try again.
Back to top Go down
CristianisDaMan

CristianisDaMan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:46 pm

paul wrote:
@tony & derek: I made the dvd and sent it to a few folks, but everybody that got it said the audio/video got out of sync. i never watched the original front to back, so i dont know if the sync problem was in the source, but i'm guessing it had something to do with the conversion. i can try again.

there's a bootleg DVD of theirs?

grrrr.....

how can i find it?
Back to top Go down
http://cristiangonzales.tumblr.com/
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:48 pm

thx Paul-the-computer-guru!!

and Christian - i remember the first Maudlin Toronto show selling out the fastest on that tour.. don't know why none of those fans are here but hey..
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:56 pm

CristianisDaMan wrote:
paul wrote:

there's a bootleg DVD of theirs?

grrrr.....

how can i find it?

although there ARE a few bootlegs around (try dimeadozen.org - if you can't get an account, i can send you an invite) the "dvd" we're talking about was an official release by baebel music, professionally filmed and edited and sold. it wasn't, however, pressed to disc, it was for download only, which is why i converted it to dvd format for a few folk. you can watch and buy here: http://www.baeblemusic.com/concertvideo/Music-Hall-of-Williamsburg/Camera-Obscura.html

now, you mr christian, might be interested in these audio bootlegs i put on my webserver awhile back...
they are all here:
http://allthefriendswecanget.com/live/

enjoy!
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 pm

derek wrote:
It's pretty much my favorite concert ever.

if that's your favorite concert ever, you are in for SUCH a treat when you see them in NYC again. take the raw energy and performance quality of the williamsburg show, multiply it by 3, and you've got the most recent round of shows. seriously it was that good...

and i'll work reconverting the dvd next week if you dont mind waiting. i'm up to my cold green eyes in work right now...
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:08 pm

paul wrote:
...i'm up to my cold green eyes in work right now...
i'm up to my cold brown eyes just readin all these posts! i can barely keep up!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:20 pm

paul wrote:
derek wrote:

if that's your favorite concert ever, you are in for SUCH a treat when you see them in NYC again. take the raw energy and performance quality of the williamsburg show, multiply it by 3, and you've got the most recent round of shows. seriously it was that good...

and i'll work reconverting the dvd next week if you dont mind waiting. i'm up to my cold green eyes in work right now...

Can't wait, man. Honestly, I've never been remotely disappointed with a CO gig. Probably my least favorite that I ever attended was the first one... which was at the old Knitting Factory in NYC. Probably held about 200 people. It was during a particularly cold winter, and I was stupid and didn't check my coat, scarf, etc... and it ended up being hot as hell in the room.

But hey... we got to hear them preview a bunch of stuff from "Let's Get Out of This Country" and they played a lot of old tunes they rarely play now... so it was still amazing. Just probably the least fun out of any of the shows I've been too.

Glad you had such a good time seeing them on this current go-around!

So looking forward to seeing them in NYC... and I'll be going to Richmond too. And I going to make my parents see them in Cincy. It's free!
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:30 pm

paul wrote:
derek wrote:

well - if they play an extra tune for Derek again, it may top that show! an if that happens, i'll be a little Derek-shadow!! Very Happy
just a lil warning Derek! muhaha muahaha
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:36 pm

tonybolony wrote:

well - if they play an extra tune for Derek again, it may top that show! an if that happens, i'll be a little Derek-shadow!! :D

oh i had forgotten about derek's private show. ok maybe iowa city wasn't as good as that!
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:43 pm

tonybolony wrote:
paul wrote:
derek wrote:

well - if they play an extra tune for Derek again, it may top that show! an if that happens, i'll be a little Derek-shadow!! Very Happy

uh oh. I think I may need to go to that one incognito, as you may recognize me from my avatar.

Oh, wait, that's Jean-Paul Belmondo. Damn... I knew I wasn't THAT good looking!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 US Winter Tour   2009 US Winter Tour - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

2009 US Winter Tour
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5