camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Howdy Everyone !

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Howdy Everyone ! Empty
PostSubject: Howdy Everyone !   Howdy Everyone ! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm Pete, and I've just become a major fan of CO. I'm a lover of music, but from some reason this band just didn't get on my radar. I heard one of their tracks via a link from some other bands website, and I think heard only one of their tracks.

Made a point of seeing them at T in the Park this year. I kid you not, the band absolutely blew me away. There were tears running down my face by the 4th song, I was welling up with emotions. This is the purest pop, an absolute gem of a find for me. I have tons of great music here, and a varied taste, and have seen many gigs and been to many festivals. I have my favourite bands, obviously, but no music or band has hit me in such a big way.

I bought the last 2 albums and have been playing them non stop for 4 weeks now. I just can't believe how brilliant this stuff is. I've been raving about the band for weeks, then discovered the Paul Morley Documentary. Its exactly the kinda things I've been saying to everyone about this band.

I seem them again last night in Kilmarnock, and thats is me hooked - an obsessive addiction and I am currently looking at fixing up some more dates. I've just bought the 1st 2 albums and I am on the hunt for all their other material. What a delight today, to find this forum and the threads regarding the Peel Sessions and Live bootlegs Very Happy

I also got to meet Traceyanne last night, I felt like a schoolboy asking a girl out on a 1st date ha ha ! Very Happy She is lovely, and I am blown away by this girls voice and talent.

Rant and Rave over Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pete
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
steven13

steven13

Howdy Everyone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy Everyone !   Howdy Everyone ! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Hey Pete,

I was at the gig as well last night it was excellent but too short at just over 40 minutes pity they were the support act.
I got obe of the Lloyd signed 7'inch singles and like you met all the band a bit crazy when you get to my age and are nervous talking to Tracyanne who is always lovely to talk to. She even apologised for no Eighties Fan in the set as I had been shouting for it !!
Anyway setlist for you guys who weren't there
My Maudlin Career
Let's Get Out Of This Country
Tears For Affairs
James
Honey In The Sun
French Navy
Lloyd I'm Ready....
If Looks Could Kill
Razzle Dazzle Rose

Some footage of French Navy at this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LMfNko0Ulg
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Howdy Everyone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy Everyone !   Howdy Everyone ! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi Steven

Far too short Sad - when Traceyanne said this was their last song, I was gutted. I need full length fix bounce When she said "I know you are all here for Lloyd", mighty chorus of boos ! and then one guy shouts "no, we're here for you Traceyanne". Then somebody shouted "Fu*$ him" - very funny.

I'm still getting into the albums and have been jumping back and forth between tracks. My faves change all the time. Razzle Dazzle Rose is a classic and I've only really discovered it last night. Listening to it now Very Happy

Thanks for the setlist - I'd had a few beers so was struggling to work out which ones got played in the middle section.

Pete
Back to top Go down
steven13

steven13

Howdy Everyone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy Everyone !   Howdy Everyone ! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:05 pm

no problem re setlist I'm a bit anal it wrote on on my iPhone as they came on. I had had a few beers as well struggled getting up for work this morning.
You'll have a great time discovering the first 2 albums there are some great songs on there, my current favourite is Keep It Clean. It's worth tracking down their CD singles for the b-sides there are some great songs on there as well. Some like San Francisco Song should have been a-sides. Most of them are on iTunes if you can't find the physical singles
Hopefully they will play some older stuff at the Barrowlands in October.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Howdy Everyone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy Everyone !   Howdy Everyone ! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:16 pm

Cheers ! yeh, I'm one of these oldies that like the physical singles ! I was amazed at the number of cover versions they've done too. This is ace, discovering a band and having so much material to back track.

You've got my mates on that video by the way, we were up quite near the front, but I was just right of camera ! We were too close to be honest, that PA was excellant, coming back a fow rows, the sound was awsome.

Can this band really sell-out a Barrowlands ? I'll be there, it will be amazing, but it was great to see them in Deane Castle - small intimate gig !

I'll let you know my thoughts on the LO-FI albums (I think as T referred to them)
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

Howdy Everyone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy Everyone !   Howdy Everyone ! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:29 pm

welcome pete nice to have you along for the ride...........sounds like you`ve had a great time watchin the band...and enjoy all t`other stuff your yet to discover........
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Howdy Everyone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy Everyone !   Howdy Everyone ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdy Everyone !
Page 1 of 1