camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
paul

Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl? Empty
PostSubject: Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl?   Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi, I cross posted this on Camera Obscura's official site and was directed here. So I'm posting it again. Very Happy Any information/help/leads you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Quote :
Ha[s Camera Obscura] ever published a vinyl version of “Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi”? An eBay search produced nothing, as well as the typical retail locations, including Merge and 4AD. If I can find this, I shall die happy. Very Happy

Thankee!
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl?   Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl? EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:56 am

there were two copies goin early on in the year on e0bay both went for about 50-60 quid...i have a gut feelin someone may be bangin them out in japan...i may be wrong,its the only piece of vinyl i dont own by them....so please dont bid against me come the time..........
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl?   Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl? EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:13 am

graeme wrote:
there were two copies goin early on in the year on e0bay both went for about 50-60 quid...i have a gut feelin someone may be bangin them out in japan...i may be wrong,its the only piece of vinyl i dont own by them....so please dont bid against me come the time..........

Hahahaha. I promise I won't. ;) 50 pounds is way out of my budget anyway, but like you, yeah, it's the only release of theirs I don't have in 180-gram. It'd be nice to find out if there was ever actually an official release. I don't want some Japanese CD-to-wax rip either....kind of defeats the purpose of using an analog format in the first place. :roll:

Hey, it's less than two years til 2011, maybe the band will put out a 10th anniversary release on vinyl! I think it's time to barrage them with fan mail requests. :D
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl?   Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl? EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 8:19 am

it was released at the time of vinyl(which is news to me)so i only found out last year....i`ll get it one day by hook or crook..................
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl?   Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl? EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:26 pm

holy moly
that's a lot of money
bbhf on ebay

at this moment it's coming up on $65 USD + 11 pounds shipping. Eekth!
(crosses fingers for re-release)
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl?   Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:12 pm

Wow.
Final verdict was $165 (102 pounds)
That's some serious cash.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl?   Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:29 pm

wow is right! we gotta get that fan on this forum! (unless...you're already here...)
tony
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl?   Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 12:04 am

tonybolony wrote:
wow is right! we gotta get that fan on this forum! (unless...you're already here...)
tony

it was probably graeme and my post no doubt increased the visibility and hence price of the auction. sorry graeme. :D

Last edited by paul-h on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl?   Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 8:26 am

nah it wern`t me like....a 100 is too much,i`ll bide me time....can`t remember ever spendin that on an album....i could prob justify by of loadin a couple(droolian/j.cope/jens lekman pic disc album)..the cheapest i coulda ever got it was bout 45,about a year back an shoulda done it...all things come to he who waits............(i wouldn`t sell the c/o singles to cover it)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl?   Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl? Empty

Back to top Go down

Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi Vinyl?
Page 1 of 1