camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

home taping is culling music....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
graeme
Admin
graeme

home taping is culling music.... Empty
PostSubject: home taping is culling music....   home taping is culling music.... EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:52 am

well,maybe not....the much maligned debate returns............okay here we go,the artists art belongs to them and becomes their property but the intention is to create and let fly to as many ears possible....over these years the artist previously known as the artist has received income from various sources,concerts,appearence,airplay and sales....but times have changed,the chunks of pie on the pie chart,the variable slices keep movin about....and its been a struggle to stay the same,okay,telly and filums....get your music attached to one of these(like recently birds fly by the icicle works)and it can seriously make you for life,this is a rare occurrance but can happen...this is the easist and quickest way to receive massive revenue for your art...touring,yeah exhausting but if you gather enough interest then bums on seats is good money(erm hello neil young £55 a ticket) but thats a luxury a lifetimes work can enjoy the luxury of,and he`s suffered for it...that goofy grin from way back when,the buffalo springfield were born...sometimes i`m told his performance is worth £55(plus the link between he and mcnabb of the icicle works) which would be crazy horse.....anyways,i`m wanderin...and those days are over,okay so yesterdee the news broke...as tracyanne points out its been a tricky 5th but what next,okay she/they need to stop worryin bout leakage(obviously i dont mean their own bodily fluids),they cant stop it....its a fact of life,easy for me to say you think,well no not really i want the band to be rewarded enough to give them a lifestyle of their chosing but sometimes you really are condemned to life a life of artsy exsistance,it could be worse,you could be vinni reilly.....people will film you and whack it on youtube before you get off stage,progress??the people who were gonna put their hard spent towards tixs for shows and the album have already made their mind up thats what they`ll do,its a done deal,like meself......to see a couple tracks months before you can buy them it dont matter,really,everyone has to put up with this even jeff mangum as hard as he trys to stop it.....,for me the quality of the newbies means its gonna be worth the wait and even if the songs were weak it wouldn`t stop me puttin my hand in my pocket,for a band i adore......what if it leaks,if it does i wont grab it.....it would ruin the anticipation of the thing landing on my doorstep.....the sleeve,the disc....the first spin.....no thanks but there are folk that will come across it on a disc or a USB with 40 other compressed files.........they may think fuckin hell this is better than matt cardle(just),i will find out more,they may fuck off to a download site an have everything ever recorded on their street machine in 10 mins.....but if they now become a fan,they will go the next show...may become completest and buy everything they can....nothing ventured nothing gained....but wilco,radiohead and all the aristocricy ,pay what ya like,we are streaming the new album etc...whoever you are have tried to come to terms with this change....make the music,put it out try not to fret about folk who want your labour,sleepless nights,blood sweat and tears,whatever for nowt.....the film"i am trying to break your heart"captures a feeling,a wave bout whats happened or happening but the music biz has changed again,from then even...moved on..........with the increase of vinyl albums now at 70 percent increase on last year,the biz bites back...nowt to do with it though,the pirate bay fuckpigs cant make them....the apprieciation of this noble artifact ,just like peter frampton has "come alive"again.RSD,last shop standing,danny baker...for folk like me it never went away,yeah i was the one who bought"K"on vinyl..........so for the new indie kid with a love for trendy vinyl,this is money in the pocket for the creators,goodo...........anyways enough,it sounds good....love what i`ve heard so far......the mighty 5th hangs just down the line....dont get hung up on the takers and enjoy the ride,its a bit of a rollercoaster...........dont forget folks buy the music and enjoy,you know it makes sense...*winks at camera and trys to get another hours sleep before work....

Last edited by graeme on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: home taping is culling music....   home taping is culling music.... EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:10 am

"its four in the morning" hahahaha 14 folk online and 21 views already....makes it all worth while....still excited bout this shit i cant sleep.....
Back to top Go down
steven64

steven64

PostSubject: Re: home taping is culling music....   home taping is culling music.... EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:15 am

Dang, Graeme you're still up at 4am? Lot of food for thought in your post. I agree with you that there will be takers, people who take the artist's music without paying a dime. As with any business, there will be takers. I maybe naive but I believe there are much more people that buy the artist's music than there are takers. I for one believe in paying for a product/music that anyone produces/create.

So happy, that CO is back performing. I can't wait for the new album to be released. I have heard two of their new songs and they sound great. Hopefully the new album and tour will give them the success they so deserve. I will spread the word of CO's music to others.
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: home taping is culling music....   home taping is culling music.... EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:57 am

i know....i had slept just sometime when stuff is goin on like this,my mind starts racing some...i used to get up and write in a book now i just try an get back to sleep....i hesitated to link the video`s as i know the band are strongly against loss of artistic licence but in sayin that(and it was pretty much a shot across the bow) folk will film,record and stuff....for me i will watch the films and listen to any live stuff that wont damage the band.the two songs are fantastic and they should be proud of them(as i`m sure they are)...they raised a lot of money for charity and for us who have waited so patiently its just(i could have easily snided off with allo darlin behind their backs,hahaha i jest of course) this is a fan forum and this is fan stuff.......................ta steven and welcome again
Back to top Go down
el_hombre

el_hombre

PostSubject: Re: home taping is culling music....   home taping is culling music.... EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 4:43 am

Heh, bringing an old thread back, this kinda reminds me of an article I read earlier this year about how the major labels are starting to reissue large amounts of the back catalogue on vinyl again and the impact it's having on the smaller labels and independent artists that kept the thing alive in the leaner years for vinyl.

It's probably the last great physical format at this stage and the only one that really makes the buyer crave the purchase.
I'm one of those dastardly people that when I discovered CO, I downloaded pretty much all of it, but when I did get round to buying the albums, got em all on vinyl-_-
Thought it was an interesting choice to issue a CD copy with the vinyl version of Desire Lines instead of a download.
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: home taping is culling music....   home taping is culling music.... EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 7:46 am

Cheers for that, my point exactly from a previous post.....
Back to top Go down
el_hombre

el_hombre

PostSubject: Re: home taping is culling music....   home taping is culling music.... EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 10:06 pm

It was a real interesting read in terms of the light it shone on the attitudes and practices of the record industry.
Particularly how when they moved to CDs over vinyl they decommissioned their in house pressing plants that a lot of them had.
And since then the pressing plants that have served the indie/dance/niche fields have justy been getting older and harwder to service but are now getting swamped by majors block-booking time to put out unnecessary Led Zepplin reissues and the like.

Also the fact that there are several key fields in the process of vinyl production where the expertise is in danger of dying out without getting passed on.
It was pretty interesting.
It does make my wonder though why new pressing equipment hasn't come about if this is actually the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: home taping is culling music....   home taping is culling music.... Empty

Back to top Go down

home taping is culling music....
Page 1 of 1