camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

calm before the storm??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tonybolony

tonybolony

calm before the storm?? Empty
PostSubject: calm before the storm??   calm before the storm?? EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:07 pm

pretty quiet here.. havent been able to get online much lately but seeing alot of posts on the CO facebook page.. for those who dont peruse the site much.. they've (the band - not sure who exactly) been posting lots of great tidbits of info on Biggest Bluest since its was the 10th anniversary this past Saturday (i think).. like this one..

Quote :
Some of you have been asking about the cover of Biggest Blust Hi Fi. Its Cover Star is Fiona, she's a friend of the band. The Picture was taken in Tracyanne's room. The poster on the wall is of Catherine Denueve

but interestingly if ya read the comments section, there's this quote

Quote :
There was a song in the very early days called Catherine Denueve, but it never made it to recording.

i am such a fanboy, that i truly would love to hear that tune! i'm sure in the bands mind, its not up to par but i'm willing to bet its still a better tune than what ya got on the radio this morning! anyhow, maybe someday we'll get ta hear some rough demos or early renditions of classics..
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: calm before the storm??   calm before the storm?? EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:18 pm

oop - i forgot.. there's also is a daily track by track youtube posted for BBHF and some have commentary about the recording of or other tidbits.. like Swimming Pool and Sun on His Back..
i particularly liked the eighties fan video.. i dont think i've ever watched it before! i must be losing it..

oh and a hilarious pic of Katie Perry with TAC and Lee! TAC looks thrilled!! Rolling Eyes
wonder where the pic was taken??
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: calm before the storm??   calm before the storm?? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:42 pm

hi tony,yep it has been quite industrious on the facebook page as regards biggest bluest hifi,a very interestin read...ta for linkin some snippets up,hopefully it`ll take off in the same fashion when the new stuff arrives?erm,the bublaa thing has gone by the by methinks as regards updates promised by gav,i realise he is probably busy.....you might have read on facebook or twitter(what a carniverous internet muppet i am) i had the pleasure of meeting fiona quite by chance on saturday in liverpool...i was havin a few drinks with friends from places,in the fantastic philharmonic pub...we were janglin all things music,havin a great time..erm,i`d had a few ciders and was really havin a good time,my friends were in town to watch mark eitzel,richmond fontaine and richard buckner... about 6.00 pm chris geddes,beans the b&s keyboard player came in and sat next to us...i went over an got chattin as ya do...he introduced me to his girlfriend,the aforementioned fiona...what a fantastic couple...made for a great night and futhermore drew me towards my much shelved trip to glasgow...oh yeah ,the katy perry pic is from a concert a few of them went to recently i think,the pic of fran mc was quite funny....
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: calm before the storm??   calm before the storm?? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 1:30 am

little more from their facebook...
Quote :
You may be interested to know that we've been included on the new Dermot O'Leary Saturday Sessions Volume 2 CD thats just out (top ten album for the past two weeks) with our ccover of Rod Almighty's Some Guys Have All The Luck. Here is a wee acoustic version of it from backstage at Connect Festival in 2008. We recorded a version of it in the studio too for vinyl b-side action.
i absolutely loved the whole session that they did at connect - recording in a camper van.. was the first time i heard swans and was really excited - great version of the tune too done with a xylophone (spelling?).. worth a listen to any fan - i have it on a nice mix thats been quite worn out from overplay..
bolony
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: calm before the storm??   calm before the storm?? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:14 am

the camper thing looked like great fun if a little squashed........well its nearly been a whole year since they last played live,methinks..it woulda been ATP last year,i am lookin forward,even though its a bit hectic for me next year to be flittin about to watch them here and there......yeah,the songs in the van were ace............i remember hearing swans and french navy played live for the first time in shrewsbury....lets hope for more of the same next year...........
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: calm before the storm??   calm before the storm?? Empty

Back to top Go down

calm before the storm??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
camera obscura :: Camera Obscura-
Jump to: