camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
derek

derek

Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today Empty
PostSubject: Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today   Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:34 pm

I missed the beginning, but I did manage to catch a stellar cover of Springsteen's "Tougher Than the Rest". I'll have to listen to the rest of the show when they put it up in the archives. Sounded like they played 2 songs off the new album (not sure which ones)... and that they'll do a bonus track that won't be aired (I guess that will be on the website?).

Anyone catch the whole thing? What songs did they play?
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today   Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:46 pm

not sure derek but if i can upload it on here like the other 3 i will,i`d assume it`d be 2 of these 3,french navy,swans or forest and sands...i`d be happy to be proven wrong though...tougher than the est,that`d be boss..............
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today   Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:57 pm

"honey in the sun" or "world is full of strangers" would be ace!
Back to top Go down
fabdrone

fabdrone

PostSubject: Re: Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today   Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:10 pm

Blimey , I look forward to hearing "Tougher Than the Rest" by C.O.
Springsteen's breakup album -a good album often overlooked because of the non appearance of the E. Street Band.
In fact most of my faves are solo efforts, "Nebraska", "Ghost of Tom Joad" etc..
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today   Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:12 pm

fabdrone wrote:
Blimey , I look forward to hearing "Tougher Than the Rest" by C.O.
Springsteen's breakup album -a good album often overlooked because of the non appearance of the E. Street Band.
In fact most of my faves are solo efforts, "Nebraska", "Ghost of Tom Joad" etc..

agreed. "nebraska" is one of my all time favorites.
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today   Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:09 pm

the other songs were "French Navy" and "Honey in the Sun".
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: heard in online   Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today EmptyMon May 25, 2009 5:49 pm

just heard the session online at a mirror link to BBC Scotland (i think) as I'm across the ocean (they won't let us hear them direct). Stellar cover of Bruce Springsteen - always liked the song but LOVE it now! The interview was nice and relaxed too - fun to hear.
tony
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today   Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today Empty

Back to top Go down

Radio Session on BBC Scotland Today
Page 1 of 1