camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

i read the news oh boy.........local band done good......

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
graeme
Admin
graeme

i read the news oh boy.........local band done good...... Empty
PostSubject: i read the news oh boy.........local band done good......   i read the news oh boy.........local band done good...... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:24 pm

http://www.glasgowguardian.co.uk/insight/other-side-of-the-camera/
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: i read the news oh boy.........local band done good......   i read the news oh boy.........local band done good...... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:35 pm

WOW! great interview.. i have to admit that i'm a great culprit for DLing music.. i dont think i ever post music that i've bought tho - kind of the imaginary line i've drawn.. but once i hear a new band i like, i'm adamant - adamant about buying the album.. i hate it when people tell me their favourite band and then proceed to show me their downloaded mp3s (often crap quality) and nothing physical.. you're favourite band eh? ..hate to see how you treat the ones you dont like! anyhow, once i'm hooked on a band, i become obsessed about completing my collection (wife says its more of a compulsive disorder).. example, a co-worker lent me BBHF years ago and i ripped a copy to my workstation.. listened to it on repeat and within weeks i had that album ordered online..then i heard LGOOTC and i immediately ordered that.. thru the world-wide web i found a bunch of singles and bsides and discovered that there isnt anything this band does that i dont like so i start ebaying, ordering from elefant and merge and amazon to get every damn single and ep... all i'm missing now is rare uk bird and it drives me crazy.. well, i'd like to get the australian version of maudlin too to get the bonus tracks physically (only have itunes m4as).. sigh..
erg..guess im ranting but its a pet peeve of mine too i guess.. i cant resist the album art and packaging that goes with the disc..
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: i read the news oh boy.........local band done good......   i read the news oh boy.........local band done good...... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:39 pm

kind of like when youre a kid and ask for a Wampa figure for Christmas.. then you sneak into mom's bedroom and peak at the gifts and see one only to wake up Christmas morn to find out it was for your brother!

i apply this philosophy to listenin to leaked albums...
bolony
i read the news oh boy.........local band done good...... Wampa10
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: i read the news oh boy.........local band done good......   i read the news oh boy.........local band done good...... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:52 pm

i dont download leaked stuff...wanna hold the album in my hand..its a thrill...i was in this chocolate shop with my friend on saturday...she was quein for chocs...i had opened the cellophane wrapper off"write about love" and was devourin the words inside..and the centre picture of beans an buddy...i have plenty of live stuff,dimeadozen had bout 15 live B&s shows up last night...but still everythin from live shows that you could buy,was taken off the recording...i think thats amazin to be honest...how these things are delibarated over......the likes of seekmagic mixes do the bands no end of good on a finiacial level for as you said fans of music want the artifact...weve done this dozens before........that guy in paris"love the new stuff"...a week before it was released...tracyanne managed to mute a response............."not for free,right enough".......
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: i read the news oh boy.........local band done good......   i read the news oh boy.........local band done good...... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:17 pm

this is what i listened to today....

Simon and Garfunkel
Live In Paris
The Olympia, Paris
May 1, 1970

excelelnt SBD

1. 2:38 Homeward Bound
2. 4:22 The Boxer
3. 3:20 Fakin' It
4. 1:54 The 59th St. Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
5. 3:11 Silver Haired Daddy
6. 3:28 I Am A Rock
7. 2:55 For Emily, Wherever I Shall Find Her
8. 2:53 Anji
9. 3:23 Scarborough Fair
10. 2:38 Mrs. Robinson
11. 2:42 Green Turns To Brown
12. 3:31 America
13. 3:03 So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright
14. 4:08 Lightnin' Express
15. 1:41 Song For The Asking
16. 2:19 A Poem On The Underground Wall
Total 48:54

Notes:

One of their last shows before they broke up (for the first time!) This first circulated as a 15 track disc and then a 16 track version appeared, identical in all other respects, this is the 16 track set.

The Long Ryders
Native Sons Demos
Produced by Vitus Matare of the Last.
Recorded at Lyceum Studios in July, 1984. Lyceum studios was in LA.

1. Still Get By
2. Run Dusty Run
3. Final Wild Son
4. Time Keeps Travelling
5. Too Close To The Light
6. Masters Of War
7. (Sweet) Mental Revenge
8. Ivory Tower
9. Never Got To Meet The Mom
10. Fair Game
12. Wreck Of The 809
13. Tell It To The Judge On Sunday
14. If I Were A Carpenter
15. I'll Get Out Somehow (deleted)
16. I Had A Dream =>
17. The Trip
18. Never Got To Meet The Mom (bluegrass version)

Bonus Tracks:
19. Trouble With Cinderella (recorded early 1983, never on an lp)
20. Touchdown
(from the 5x5 sessions, Prod by Paul McKenna & the Ryders
recorded at A&M studios, LA)

The Shins, Live
Parasido, Amsterdam 2007

amongst other stuff...all dimeadozen......
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: i read the news oh boy.........local band done good......   i read the news oh boy.........local band done good...... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:54 pm

i read the news oh boy.........local band done good...... Camera13

looks like kennys had a comedy bang on the head.............
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: i read the news oh boy.........local band done good......   i read the news oh boy.........local band done good...... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:02 pm

hahahaha! didnt even notice that! hilarious!

one of my old bosses won a big contract a few years back and had his picture taken outside the museum for the paper. his head was aligned just right and it became an office joke where we all got our pics in the same spot...

i read the news oh boy.........local band done good...... Tonymo11

i'm just too serious all the time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i read the news oh boy.........local band done good......   i read the news oh boy.........local band done good...... Empty

Back to top Go down

i read the news oh boy.........local band done good......
Page 1 of 1