camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Test drive the new forum!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
paul

Test drive the new forum! Empty
PostSubject: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:23 pm

Go check out http://forum.cameraobscurafanclub.net

Originally I had planned to export the user accounts from Forumotion and import them over there. I can't do that apparently, so you're going to have to make a new account.

At some point I expect we'll close the forumotion account so they don't compete against each other. But this is Graeme's baby, I don't want to step on his toes.

Luca is working on integrating the forum accounts with the new COFanClub website, when that is done I'm guessing the new website will go live as well. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:53 pm

just made a post over there paul,but its waiting to be authorised??anyways nice to see it up and running,i plan to post on both for the time bein an see how it goes....it may appear that i`m dippin me toe but i deffo welcome the new site in the hope it attracts people who may not fancy this one..........good luck with it,its not about factions like......both is fine for now...i`m hopin its gonna be different from this one,but its a forum so how different can it be.........i just hope there is kinda more to it than just a form.......we`ll see as i said hope it works.......
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:16 pm

graeme wrote:
just made a post over there paul,but its waiting to be authorised??anyways nice to see it up and running,i plan to post on both for the time bein an see how it goes....it may appear that i`m dippin me toe but i deffo welcome the new site in the hope it attracts people who may not fancy this one..........good luck with it,its not about factions like......both is fine for now...i`m hopin its gonna be different from this one,but its a forum so how different can it be.........i just hope there is kinda more to it than just a form.......we`ll see as i said hope it works.......

yeah i'm not sure about that post authorize thing. looking into it...

edit:
fixed. i think. though graeme your an admin now so i don't know if it's fixed yet. i'm going to have to create a new user and try it.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:56 pm

um.. stupid question... where is the "sign up " area?? on that there forum..
Question
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:20 pm

tonybolony wrote:
um.. stupid question... where is the "sign up " area?? on that there forum..
Question

Somehow the registration got disabled since yesterday. So many damn settings on the new PHPBB version, I probably checked it off... Razz
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:27 pm

thanks - up there now!
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:56 pm

part of me feels like that we've already got this one up and running... and finally people are starting to come to it... it seems a shame to start all over again. though the new one does look nice. i just feel like it's going to get confusing and people will think that the forums are dead. i mean... we're golden now with google searches!
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:03 pm

i feel that way n`all its been a longish journey to get to 100 members,this site has relied on us to keep to it going,and when all said and done its been a great journey so far,i`ve had reservations bout it but its keeps growing and going...i hoped that luca`s new forum would be different than this, but it kinda looks the same..i`m not slating him or his efforts but ya know its in its infancy from all accounts......there was the talk about the downloads and stuff but all in all i will post on both, if they can cross over in the future then great.....i dont want this to appear to be a slap in the face because i have a lot of time for the members of this site..........at the end of the day,this site has about 10 regular posters if that, but there are plenty who pass through...maybe the other site will entice them to stick, but from what i`ve seen with this one i`m not so sure...the bands intermittent twitters light the thing up...but then folks realised its not for them,and with such inactivity at the moment,especially in this country...well the hope is for me, more dates and new stuff for next year...we are well versed in treadin water til then.....
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:37 pm

It's tricky.
The GUI on the new forum is so damn pretty. I wish I could port it over here. It's easier to use once configured properly, and there's no ads. (Though I don't see any ads here now...where'd they go?) But like has been said, it's been a long road to get to this point at the forum, and it's weird to start over. I don't know if I really want to either, despite the fact that I set the new one up.

Maybe we should just use the new forum for discussing website stuff. I don't know yet.
Back to top Go down
L!

L!

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:35 pm

I disabled the registration area on that forum cause if you want to post over there you have to sign up the fan club. I have not so many free time so please let me know if you want to use this one instead of the new one. That forum has been set up to be integrated with the fan club, if you want to use this old board i think it's ok but it doesn't have and it'll never be directly integrated with the fan club. The question is: why start a fan club if the members of that fan club cannot post on the forum with their account? Ok let me know...

PS: the google searches are not the problem...
Back to top Go down
http://www.belleandsebastian.it
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:48 am

sorry luca but whats the fan club...*

before someone cracks its not the teenage one,we would be old to join that???
Back to top Go down
L!

L!

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:22 am

graeme wrote:
sorry luca but whats the fan club...*

before someone cracks its not the teenage one,we would be old to join that???
Graeme, i only want to make a question:

DO YOU WANT OR NOT THE FAN CLUB?

Now it seems that the only forum is sufficient enough, i really don't understand what's the problem, if a fan club is just for teenagers, why you were all excited about the beginning of the fan club?

I repeat: I don't want to go crazy or naive. I don't want a fan club where I am the only one who cares about it. I don't have much free time and hoped to find some more collaboration. I spent the same with B&S fans who are lazy and snobbish, and I don't want to do the same thing once again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.belleandsebastian.it
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:10 pm

oh,the new forum is the fan club...they were soundin like two different things,luca i put it down to my not graspin what you meant,your english is first class but i haven`t the desire to be shoutin on the forum really so i`ll opt out... you have obviously had your fingers burnt before by "lazy" fans of bands....hope it goes well..the last thing i wanted was a factional fan base that would just about fit into a telephone box...good luck........p.s sorry luca the teenage thing was supposed to be a play on words,a kind of joke.....
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Luca - i think we're all in agreement that a comprehensive CO website with a proper discography, setlists, pics, lyrics, events, news, links etc would be amazing... like you've done for B&S.. i for one, would help in whatever way i can... i'm a pretty good surfer and can usually track down rare stuff and i have a fair sized live/radio session library (55 folders of live shows and radio sessions) which i am only too happy to share.. most of these were taken from official releases and radio websites..
i think people are just reluctant to shut this forum down as there are a number of registered users now and many might be too lazy to sign up again... also the history of this site.. i still browse thru old topics to find stuff - for example, i remember Derek saying something about a good place to eat in nyc so i just browse his posts.. maybe thats what the reluctance stems from. i hope youre not offended (cause it seems ya may be) but as i said, i think we all would like to see this site that you speak of and that its unfortunate that this forum cant be "attached" somehow..
hope that helps!
tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Test drive the new forum!   Test drive the new forum! Empty

Back to top Go down

Test drive the new forum!
Page 1 of 1