camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
paul

New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP Empty
PostSubject: New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP   New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:18 pm

From my email:

Quote :

Hello there bird lovers

As the summer is fast approaching we are delighted to tell you that our fourth EP, Those Bombs, is now available to download on our website www.thegoawaybirds.com. Hurrah! (and about bloody time) I hear you say. Well, since this one has taken us a bit longer than we had expected we've put an extra track on it, so hopefully you will agree that it is worth the wait. Our next gig will be at The Roxy Arthouse in Edinburgh on 30th May and if you come along you'll be able to get your hands on one of our limited edition EPs with beautiful artwork by Naomi Garriock. (All individually handmade no less!)

Thanks so much for all your lovely emails and words of encouragement, not to mention those of you putting pennies in the coffers, it really is such a help to keep us doing what we are doing.

We hope to be spreading our wings and playing some gigs south of the border later in the year but for now, we hope that Those Bombs keeps the sun shining in your part of the world.

keway away!

From Go Away Birds xox

Erm... If none of you go to this, I will be sad. (Is this the one you're hitting up, Pete?)
Also, I will pay somebody to pick me up one of those special handmade discs. If you tell Michael John it's for me I don't think they'd mind handing you two... (he knows where I live and how far away that is)
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP   New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:00 pm

they get all the fun over the pond, don't they Paul?! Sad
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP   New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:05 pm

tonybolony wrote:
they get all the fun over the pond, don't they Paul?! :(

no kidding! like bowlie 2 ... were i on the continent, I wouldn't think twice about buying a ticket...but for me its a $1000+ trip.

at any rate, michael john has promised that if whatever band he's with in the far flung future has an american tour, the first show will be in my town. i'm going to hold him to that. :) and i'll invite ya down tony when that happens. xD
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP   New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:59 pm

Argh !! Yeh it was the one I was planning to to but we've opted to miss this - I know you'll be spitting feathers ! Thing is we leave for our travels in 5/6 weeks, just did ZVG and TFC is coming up, and I've gave up my job now to get the house ready for let and get all the admin/storage/visa stuff to do, so we decided last night we should really draw a line and swerve this. Funny thing is the mates wanted us to go through on Saturday, but they changed their minds when they saw the cost of available hotels this w/e - must be something big on. Its a bank holiday on Monday here so dunno if thats got anything to do with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP   New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Pete wrote:
Argh !! Yeh it was the one I was planning to to but we've opted to miss this - I know you'll be spitting feathers ! Thing is we leave for our travels in 5/6 weeks, just did ZVG and TFC is coming up, and I've gave up my job now to get the house ready for let and get all the admin/storage/visa stuff to do, so we decided last night we should really draw a line and swerve this. Funny thing is the mates wanted us to go through on Saturday, but they changed their minds when they saw the cost of available hotels this w/e - must be something big on. Its a bank holiday on Monday here so dunno if thats got anything to do with it.

Ah that's alright mate. I know how these things go... I missed Elvis Costello playing just 30 miles from me just because of the way the schedule worked out [or rather, didn't work out]. I'll bet Alistair/TALTG will go, and if nobody does, I'll see if MJM will mail me an EP.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP   New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:42 am

paul wrote:

Ah that's alright mate. I know how these things go... I missed Elvis Costello playing just 30 miles from me just because of the way the schedule worked out [or rather, didn't work out]. I'll bet Alistair/TALTG will go, and if nobody does, I'll see if MJM will mail me an EP.

I'm kinda regretting not going to this now. I suppose they will do other shows. I wonder how the gig went.
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP   New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Pete wrote:

I'm kinda regretting not going to this now. I suppose they will do other shows. I wonder how the gig went.

This one's on May 30... Not April 30. You've still got a month to change your mind.

Although, will you even be in the country then?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP   New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:49 pm

Right, now I'm confused, did I get my dates mixed up ? Were they playing last night ? I'm kinda doubting myself now Embarassed

Jeez how embarressing if I'd gone ahead to book the train tix and hotel Embarassed
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP   New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Yeah I don't think they did play anywhere last night. Facebook page (which usually stays updated) says their last gig was February 27 @ Owl Parliament.
Good thing you decided not to go!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP   New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP Empty

Back to top Go down

New Go Away Birds Date + Limited Edition EP
Page 1 of 1