camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Teenage Fanclub shows

Go down 
+4
graeme
paul
Pete
tonybolony
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
derek

derek

Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:26 pm

Teenage Fanclub playing Brooklyn with BELLE AND SEBASTIAN in September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/06/teenage_fanclub.html
Back to top Go down
nick

nick

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:40 am

Haven't seen the fannies in donkeys, looking forward to seeing them at Bowlie 2, as the new album is BRILLIANT!
Back to top Go down
steven13

steven13

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:50 pm

Great gig last night 5 or 6 off the new album and then a string of classics.
Glasgow homecoming gigs always bring the best out of the Fannies.
Amazing versions of Don't Look Back Back, Aint That Enough, The Concept, I Need Direction, Everything Flows, Sparkys Dream, Your Love Is The Place... Etc etc Finishing with Starsign

Roll on Bowlie 2
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Just back from Edinburgh. The acoustics in the HMV Picture House are shockingly poor. The ceilings are about 40ft high by my estimation, god know what downstairs folk listen to music on. We were right in front of the mixing desk but had to move upstairs to find somewhere where the music was actually listenable. Things seemed to improve as they got further into the set. I was gonna meet you for a beer Steven but realised we were at differant shows Embarassed

I thought the new stuff was quite good, but highlight for me was the Concept, and Sparkys Dream - great crowd singalongs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
steven13

steven13

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:15 pm

got tix for the Big Star tribute in Mono today
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:23 pm

guess i screwed up the date for the live on L Laverne show... was yesterday. can listen here...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00snwq2/Lauren_Laverne_08_06_2010/
she talks to Norman at about 1:22:00, more gab @ about 1:40:00 and they play Baby Lee & Sweet Days Waitin @ 1:42:00
great stuff!!

btw - is the alex chilton tribute tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
steven13

steven13

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:29 pm

yes it's tomorrow I'm going
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:35 pm

steven13 wrote:
oh man - have a great time! talk about a merger of two loves...
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:00 pm

tonybolony wrote:
steven13 wrote:

You think TAC will make it back in time for this show?! I highly doubt it, but I'd love to hear her sing "thirteen".

Have fun tonight! Should be amazing.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 9:00 pm

derek wrote:
tonybolony wrote:
steven13 wrote:

You think TAC will make it back in time for this show?! I highly doubt it, but I'd love to hear her sing "thirteen"

13 would be grand... i was thinkin of "My Life Is Right".. would showcase Lee too and would love to hear Carey interpret some keys into it.. aw hell, i'd take any song Wink
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 9:14 pm

tonybolony wrote:
derek wrote:
tonybolony wrote:
steven13 wrote:

You think TAC will make it back in time for this show?! I highly doubt it, but I'd love to hear her sing "thirteen"

13 would be grand... i was thinkin of "My Life Is Right".. would showcase Lee too and would love to hear Carey interpret some keys into it.. aw hell, i'd take any song Wink

that would be great too. come to think of it, maybe "13" wouldn't be the best choice. i think elliott smith might have done it so well that it ruined the song for anyone to cover it in the future.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:53 pm

still bummed about not gettin to see them in Toronto on the 23rd... i doubt they'll be back cause its prob alot of cash to spend just to get here..
anyway.. was wonderin if anyone has seen them on this tour yet? i really like Shadows - not their strongest effort but has a number of tracks i really dig like shock n awe..
i saw yer post on twitter Gra and wondered what you meant by "handsome new drummer"??
-bologna
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:04 pm

tonybolony wrote:
still bummed about not gettin to see them in Toronto on the 23rd... i doubt they'll be back cause its prob alot of cash to spend just to get here..
anyway.. was wonderin if anyone has seen them on this tour yet? i really like Shadows - not their strongest effort but has a number of tracks i really dig like shock n awe..
i saw yer post on twitter Gra and wondered what you meant by "handsome new drummer"??
-bologna

I'm supposed to be seeing them tonight... but I'm a little doubtful because of the weather. I'll be so bummed if it doesn't happen!
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:23 pm

"`ll be so bummed"

hahaha that doesn`t cross the water to well

i think fran mighta had a facelift,bolony........
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:29 pm

graeme wrote:
"`ll be so bummed"

At least I didn't say I'll be so fannied!
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:31 pm

graeme wrote:
"`ll be so bummed"

reaaally?! haha - cant imagine what yer thinking then!! bummed here is "depressed"... just to clarify an all!! Wink
some cultural expressions crack me up so i bet i'm sending several out the airwaves.. hell, people here where i live notice (ie: laugh at) some of my expressions as i'm from a smaller province that is heavy in the lumber and fishery industry.. i guess we have our own "lingo" as well as accent..
some folks i met who came from Britain not too long ago thought it was absolutely hilarious that we had a store named "Randy River" and some still call their kids by the name Randy..

graeme wrote:

why oh why would you ever?... ick
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:32 pm

as in fanny pack.................hahaha,so funny the fanny thing,so to speak.....

to be bummed here means you wouldn`t sit down for a week...

i have a friend in LA,she uses it a lot...she needs to be careful......what would the community think??
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:07 pm

got the link to Jonny, the newest project by Norman Blake, from seekmagic and got an email that they are streaming their album here...
http://www.turnstilemusic.net/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Jonny+Album+Stream&utm_source=YMLP&utm_term=here

they also have a pile of shows listed on their site here..
http://www.turnstilemusic.net/label/jonny/
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 12:20 am

tonybolony wrote:
got the link to Jonny, the newest project by Norman Blake, from seekmagic and got an email that they are streaming their album here...
http://www.turnstilemusic.net/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Jonny+Album+Stream&utm_source=YMLP&utm_term=here

they also have a pile of shows listed on their site here..
http://www.turnstilemusic.net/label/jonny/

Thanks for that stream! I wanted to double check whether it was pre-order worthy because if you preorder at merge before Feb 1 on this one, they're promising a boatload of extras.
And now I've listened to three tracks and....I still don't know if I want to buy it. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Teenage Fanclub shows
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
camera obscura :: Camera Obscura-
Jump to: