camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

no surprises in my record collection....

Go down 
+6
derek
tonybolony
clarky
nick
bossanovacowboy
graeme
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

no surprises in my record collection.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: no surprises in my record collection....   no surprises in my record collection.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Sugar - Copper Blue
Dusty Springfield - in Memphis
Simple Minds - New Gold Dream
Richard Hawley - Coles Corner
Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

....and the surprise.....Girls Aloud - The Promise, Tangled Up and Greatest Hits (seriously - 3 albums)

Pete
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: no surprises in my record collection....   no surprises in my record collection.... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:48 pm

few from the pile...
abbey road - beatles (been playin beatles rockband for a bit now and this is my fave album - even named my daughter Abbey!)
ashtray rock - joel plaskett
law of the playground - boy least likely to (album is just too fun)
tapestry - carole king (dug it out after a few years cause of a post on this forum)
sergeant eponymous LP - sergeant (my newest acquisition)
bridge over troubled water - simon & garf (still like customer satisfied the best outa all of their tracks)

tony

an still have maudlin spinning in the player...
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: no surprises in my record collection....   no surprises in my record collection.... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 7:00 pm

Last five I've spun (digital not included):

Private Revolution - World Party
461 Ocean Boulevard - Eric Clapton
Benefit - Jethro Tull
Pirates - Rickie Lee Jones
Jumpin' Jive - Joe Jackson
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: no surprises in my record collection....   no surprises in my record collection.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:19 am

its funny how your old friends come out to pay...erm i have say the"pains of being pure at heart"album...but anyways,these are what were spun..and made my weekend a better place to be..

underachievers please try harder-camera obscura(who woulda guessed the girl in the tea cosy and jack duckworths woulda turned out to be a sex symbol)

catch a fire-the wailers
awcmonnoyoucmon-lambchop
fleet foxes-fleet foxes
the bbc sessions-belle & sebastian
new york-lou reed
dongs of sevotion-smog
come on feel the illinoise-sufjan stevens
my maudlin career-camera obscura
blood & chocolate-elvis costello and the attractions
you are free-cat power
greatest hits-lonard cohen

erm quite nice,did quite a lot of gabbin on the phone...not much turntable action there...ah well.......
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: no surprises in my record collection....   no surprises in my record collection.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:20 am

i thought this dr k post was this??i don`t know any delgados stuff...your heritage is similar to mine as regards the scottish groups,me an me youngest have been watchin the the father ted box set the last three weeks..pat mustard,hilarious.....orange juice and aztec camera were my favourite bands at the time........there is talk of james at shacknet(harvestsunpromotionss)puttin on a show of these two(edwyn and roddy)..would be great.....
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: no surprises in my record collection....   no surprises in my record collection.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:06 pm

all is so boring lately so i'm a readin some older threads and decided to revive to get another taste of what yer listenin to... dont be shy now!

five i've played since last week.. not necessarily my favourite discs.. just what i played yerknow..

delgados - hate
i'm new to these guys but its a band i kept seeing in the "similar artists" column and i just saw it again on the new ZVG allmusic album review

mates of state - bring it back
really like the tune Like U Crazy.. just a feel gooder for me

essex green - the long goodbye
fantastic fantastic album.. i never tire of it. lazy may is whats stuck in my head at the moment..

sunshine fix - Green Imagination
some more fun from the elephant6.. i'm enjoying these guys tremendously lately.. not sure how it will stand the test of time tho..

beach boys - today
guess i've been feeling summery to contrast the 3 feet of snow and 8 foot icicles outside my window

anyhow thats latest listens for me.. got a bunch of eps and singles that are in the multidisc player too but gotta pick 5..
bolony
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: no surprises in my record collection....   no surprises in my record collection.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:15 pm

it is slow,tony....its fine though,waitin for the some....erm 5 i`ve played the last few nights and enjoyed...

loveless unbeliever-the school

haven`t played this in a while and i really enjoyed its outing,was speakin to liz at bowlie,they were sittin at the next table havin food,while we were watchin footy...

mix-up-cabaret voltaire

my vinyl is all mixed up so two were pulled from my past,this is quite experimental...but for personal reasons it will remain special...prob only to me

perverted by language-the fall

another from my past,i dont know the last time i played this....but it was nice to hear again after such a long time...john peel havin them on the tube(television programme) was a special thing..

wincing the night away-the shins

another,but this from not so long ago....they did a great live set in manchester promoting this..."frozen in tyo coats,white girls of the north"....good stuff

album-girls

this is always kickin about,and i reach for it a lot...although i`ve played a lot of b&s this week.......i also played today(mono)this week...strange,was watchin "for fans only"last night,my eldest singin along to most of the tunes....ace
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: no surprises in my record collection....   no surprises in my record collection.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Ugh I so know the feeling...

While I've been twiddling my thumbs waiting for the new ZVG to arrive, it's been a pretty stale few weeks of music listening. All of these records I probably played at least a dozen times recently:

Zoey Van Goey - (first album)
At least twice a day while I've been waiting.

Superchunk - Come Pick Me Up & Here's To Shutting Up (throw in Majesty Shredding a few times too)

Telekinesis - 12 Desperate Straight Lines
(this new one arrived last Saturday and I gotta say that I do like it better than I did on NPR's first listen. but I think his debut album is better, and seriously? the vinyl edition is 5x better. i think its a different master, I can pick out sounds that just aren't there in the digital version.)

The Clientele - Strange Geometry & The Violet Hour
(i haven't played these as much except that I've been picking through the songs on my guitar)

Destroyer - Kaputt
(I've spun a few of the old albums too, but Kaputt is the only one I've "bought", so I try to hold back from playing the pirate copies until I've purchased them properly. kaputt is really really great though.)

David Bowie - Hunky Dory
(I finally found this on vinyl for a reasonable price!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no surprises in my record collection....   no surprises in my record collection.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

no surprises in my record collection....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2