camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November

Go down 
+2
graeme
Kenny
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kenny

Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November Empty
PostSubject: Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November   Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:49 am

Anyone else go ??

I've liked Camera Obscura for a while but this is the first time I've seen them live. I loved watching them but the crowd are a bit, um...quiet! I'm shit at remembering set lists but here goes and it's in no order except for the encore, please correct me if I make omissions etc

Main:
My Maudlin Career, 80's Fan, Pen and Notebook, Let's Get Out of This Country, Lloyd I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken, If Looks Could Kill, The Sweetest Thing, French Navy, James, Honey In The Sun, Teenager, Keep It Clean, Swans, Tears For Affairs

Encore:
Tougher Than The Rest (Brucie cover)
Razzle Dazzle Rose
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November   Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:31 am

pen and notebook???tremendous...we spoke,they listened....hahaha...ta for the info kenny,brilliant..it remains to be seen if anyone else went,non of the"regulars"did i`m sure......nice one

here comes a regular-the replacements
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November   Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:56 am

matty75 on Tue 27 Oct 2009 - 10:14

Pen & Notebook
Books Written for Girls
If Looks Could Kill
My Maudlin Career
Razzle Dazzle Rose

Big Julie on Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 1:35

I love making lists...

Razzle Dazzle Rose
The False Contender
Forests & Sands
Pen & Notebook
Come Back Margaret
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November   Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:02 pm

pen & notebook - fantastic classic CO tune! hope they keep it for Toronto silent

interestin... listenin to the peel sessions the other day and noticed that the line in it "you made a mistake when you first saw Mark" was different - she says "John"... i guess the change would be obvious now but wasnt John still in band when it was recorded?? hm
tony
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November   Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:12 pm

its marr,as in johnny marr tony.......

you saved for a bass guitar
you knew you`d made a mistake
when you first saw johnny marr

interestingly was talkin to kenny at the kro bar manchester when andy rourke came in to the pub...only a little fella..i said "kenny look its andy rourke" and mentioned pen and notebooks opening lyrics..them openin lyrics give them some smiths bonus points for sure.......

misheard lyrics...keep it clean

i remember a website from ages ago,that had the lyrics to the songs...one i really enjoyed

"your the one pretending to be licking stamps"
Back to top Go down
steven13

steven13

PostSubject: Re: Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November   Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 2:24 pm

Wish I had gone now just to hear Pen And Notebook. Oh well hopefully more UK dates next year on the never-ending tour. They haven't played Edinburgh for ages it's always Glasgow which is handy for me but it would be cool if they did play as it's only 45 mins by train.
Even Dundee or Aberdeen would be cool.
Anyway I bought Sweetest Thing 7'' today and was served by Stephen Pastel which is always a highlight !
Back to top Go down
Big Julie

Big Julie

PostSubject: Re: Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November   Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:09 pm

Pen & Notebook! One of my favourite tracks of theirs (as you noticed if you read my top five). How unexpected! I'm a little jealous of those of you who were there. Nice song.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November   Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 12:39 am

graeme wrote:
its marr,as in johnny marr tony.......

hahaha!! i'm the king of misheard (and mis-sung lyrics!)..thanka for settin me straight... ay duh... always here to entertain! jocolor
bolony
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November   Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:51 am

love ya jesters hat tony...to be honest i`ve sang the wrong words to loads of songs all my life....and the boys still have me singin....don`t matter non....sometimes i think my lyrics are better than the composers,hahaha see message to murdoch..

"into the literate world,
i am a limmerick girl"
Back to top Go down
Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November   Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:20 am

Reminds me of this Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAFBjmdNPKo
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November   Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:33 am

unfortunately i cant view youtube in work...lookin forward to gettin home and seein what this is.........
Back to top Go down
matty75

PostSubject: Re: Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November   Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:52 pm

Smart - we have a voice.....what other demands can we make from the Band.....

Set list looks great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November   Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November Empty

Back to top Go down

Shepherds Bush Empire 3rd November
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
camera obscura :: Camera Obscura-
Jump to: