camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 other bands and why?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
graeme
Admin
avatar

Posts : 991
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 56
Location : i am here

PostSubject: other bands and why?   Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:06 am

who gets ya jigglin or thinkin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
graeme
Admin
avatar

Posts : 991
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 56
Location : i am here

PostSubject: Re: other bands and why?   Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:19 am

i recently got meself a new to me sony system from legendary car boot sale in chirk,i buy vinyl an not cd`s which is pretty easy/cheap if you`ve got the time an effort it can also be expensive when you discover a new group cos someones sent ya a boss load of new groups to listen to..anyways i picked up recently 3 simon&garfunkel albums

the graduate soundtrack
parsley sage rosemery&tyhme
bridge over troubled water

all 50p each,they all are pretty fantastic the production and the playin is excellent,never really listened to them much before this but they have been on heavy rotation since.........
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
graeme
Admin
avatar

Posts : 991
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 56
Location : i am here

PostSubject: Re: other bands and why?   Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:26 am

hopefully this thread will be good,its just to talk bout other bands that are special to you(yeah it can even be belle & sebastian)the two bands although linked by history are more importantly linked by greatness...............they are two different bands as paul morley was labourin to point out........
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
bossanovacowboy

avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-04-26
Location : The Wild West

PostSubject: Re: other bands and why?   Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Mamas & The Papas

Been listening to their 1971 album People Like Us a lot recently. It's great...


Back to top Go down
View user profile
nick

avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 46
Location : an east coast city

PostSubject: Re: other bands and why?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:06 pm

graeme wrote:
hopefully this thread will be good,its just to talk bout other bands that are special to you(yeah it can even be belle & sebastian)the two bands although linked by history are more importantly linked by greatness...............they are two different bands as paul morley was labourin to point out........

Where was he rabbiting on about that Gra?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nick

avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 46
Location : an east coast city

PostSubject: Re: other bands and why?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:07 pm

graeme wrote:
i recently got meself a new to me sony system from legendary car boot sale in chirk,i buy vinyl an not cd`s which is pretty easy/cheap if you`ve got the time an effort it can also be expensive when you discover a new group cos someones sent ya a boss load of new groups to listen to..anyways i picked up recently 3 simon&garfunkel albums

the graduate soundtrack
parsley sage rosemery&tyhme
bridge over troubled water

all 50p each,they all are pretty fantastic the production and the playin is excellent,never really listened to them much before this but they have been on heavy rotation since.........

They're great. I got myself a box set of all their albums for £15 - money well spent. My favourite is Parsley, Sage..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin
avatar

Posts : 991
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 56
Location : i am here

PostSubject: Re: other bands and why?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:27 pm

on that special on channel 4,its on youtube nick.........
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
bossanovacowboy

avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-04-26
Location : The Wild West

PostSubject: Re: other bands and why?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:44 pm

nick wrote:
graeme wrote:
i recently got meself a new to me sony system from legendary car boot sale in chirk,i buy vinyl an not cd`s which is pretty easy/cheap if you`ve got the time an effort it can also be expensive when you discover a new group cos someones sent ya a boss load of new groups to listen to..anyways i picked up recently 3 simon&garfunkel albums

the graduate soundtrack
parsley sage rosemery&tyhme
bridge over troubled water

all 50p each,they all are pretty fantastic the production and the playin is excellent,never really listened to them much before this but they have been on heavy rotation since.........

They're great. I got myself a box set of all their albums for £15 - money well spent. My favourite is Parsley, Sage..

You need to get Bookends graeme. A classic from start to finish.

Punky's Dilemma. "It's so California..."

Sublime.....



Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin
avatar

Posts : 991
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 56
Location : i am here

PostSubject: Re: other bands and why?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:08 pm

bloody hell geoff,had it in me mitts for 50p last week and thought i was overkillin?i search and destroy on sundee.............
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
nick

avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-04-26
Age : 46
Location : an east coast city

PostSubject: Re: other bands and why?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:37 pm

Punky's Dilemma is probably one of my favourite S&G tracks - 'Wish I was a Kellogg's Corn flake...' and Geoff I always thought the line was south california, that's what I always sing to myself anyway, before the whistling kicks in... ha ha...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossanovacowboy

avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-04-26
Location : The Wild West

PostSubject: Re: other bands and why?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:42 pm

nick wrote:
Punky's Dilemma is probably one of my favourite S&G tracks - 'Wish I was a Kellogg's Corn flake...' and Geoff I always thought the line was south california, that's what I always sing to myself anyway, before the whistling kicks in... ha ha...

ha ha indeed - you could be right though Nick.

I would ban lyric inserts from albums - I think its much more interesting having to work them out for yourself.

Reverting to 'normal' font - jesus, that small font is even too small for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: other bands and why?   

Back to top Go down
 
other bands and why?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Bands that start with "Q"
» No Beer Bands
» 70's bands still going strong
» bands like MeWithoutYou or Callisto?
» Top 5 Female Bands

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
camera obscura :: Camera Obscura-
Jump to: