camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

lurkers make yourself known.........

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:43 pm

ay up kenny......and welcome,a full report of dat der lundon show beckons hopefully...i`m off to leeds to see the clientele/wilco.......no report to follow...enjoy the night,i`m sure ya will.................
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:32 pm

yeah - welcome Kenny!!

graeme wrote:
...i`m off to leeds to see the clientele/wilco....

aww, lil green man with envy oer here! don't like the new(ish) wilco album as much as sky blue sky but THAT sounds like an amazin show! hav a good one!
tony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hutcheson

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi there. New to the forum but delighted to see one dedicated to my favourite band.

Had the very good fortune to interview Tracyanne and Carey last week, shortly before the concert at the Barrowlands. Both were lovely.

Hope it's okay to post a link to the video and article.

We had some issues with the sound on the video but hopefully you'll find it interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:47 am

WOW! that was simply a marvelous interview - you even had Carey talking!! FINALLY someone just has a conversation with them instead of asking what all the songs mean. I really enjoyed that and welcome to the little forum here!
it was nice to hear what they think of their band as ...and what they hope to become too.. gotten impression of that before but TAC pretty much spelled it out for us... they're most definitely MY favourite cult band!!!
thanks too for the links (big reason why some of us are here!)
tony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenny

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:31 am

Yeah good interview...and thanks for the welcomes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:32 am

haven`t bin able to watch it yet..on me agenda for tonight...ta for the link....out of intrests sake,how did ya find this site hutcheson??google it??...........
Back to top Go down
Hutcheson

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:39 pm

Thanks for the kind words. The interview was a bit longer but cut it back quite a bit.

Also Graeme, found the forum via Camera Obscura's twitter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:48 pm

Hutcheson wrote:
Also Graeme, found the forum via Camera Obscura's twitter.

I hate that place but it certainly gets results, even for relatively unknown upper class twits of the year: 1974. If you don't understand the previous sentence, you need to watch more Monty Python.) I've got a twitter account with 20 or so followers non-spam and I don't even do anything except post about how much I hate my job. :/

Oh and welcome to the club, Hutcheson. Loved the interview as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:15 pm

if your allowed to,you could put the whole thing up here i suppose..........it`d be more than welcome

as for twitter,please.......

@robinince Sorry you couldn't be there but hope you had an excellent night yourself x

about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to robininceEyes pried open...ooh Spain.

about 7 hours ago from txt watching the police arrest a passenger who assaulted a ryanair staff member. Exciting, gav

about 10 hours ago from mobile web How can I resist airport editions of Lorrie Moore and Paul Auster when I am mostly asleep. EXCITED. But too tired to read ever again

about 11 hours ago from txt @EmmaK67 Don't forget that catchy trailing underscore...

about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck @bobertd well I hate to explain a weak pun, but one particular airline is kind of referred to as Crying Air. NAMING NO NAMES.

about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to bobertd@bobertd It was a lovely metaphor for infant death was it not?

about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to bobertd@alanita It is, yes x

about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to alanitaI am going to sing excellent Aled Jones hit We're Crying in the Air all the way to Spain on a lovely budget airline flight. C.

about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck Guess when we have to get up. In four and a half hours. This is not such a nice feeling.

about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck @little_deer Ooops sort of gave in before...

about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to little_deer@stefanoblanca Don't worry we found him and gushed at him x

about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to stefanoblanca@EmmaK67 You are more lovely than two gin and tonics x
about 19 hours ago from
TweetDeck @phingersphil Oops I caved, but it was a mini one. Thank you!

about 23 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to phingersphil@kevcecil we might be able to unmuggle you...

about 24 hours ago from TweetDeck Must resist the pre-gig scotch egg of regret. c.
11:50 AM Nov 3rd from TweetDeck @st_vincent AWWW gutted to not be there. Stupid own tour. Hope shows have been going well xx

7:01 AM Nov 3rd from TweetDeck in reply to st_vincentjamie cullum just got in my lift

4:24 AM Nov 3rd from mobile web It's nice. I always feel we're at our very best in radio interviews, merrily joshing with the host. Ho ho.

4:23 AM Nov 3rd from txt daniel johnson just walked past us whilst we were setting up, class

should went queasy jet*

*it one particular airline is kinda etc......err for twitters in case your strugglin the answer is BRITISH AIRWAYS

i know it brought a few of you here...so for that its okay....the video interview,how tired are they??nice to see how they value their fan base,but it`ll fair them well to have that outlook....music lovers have a habit of turnin like mindeds onto stuff........
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:05 pm

graeme wrote:
i know it brought a few of you here...so for that its okay....the video interview,how tired are they??nice to see how they value their fan base,but it`ll fair them well to have that outlook....music lovers have a habit of turnin like mindeds onto stuff........

They do look incredibly tired, the poor kids. But it's no wonder looking at their rigorous touring schedule. If you follow the twitter stream obsessively like myself, you can really tell that they are playing for those few days off they get in between the clusters of gigs. I love that they're on the road because it means more exposure and more success and hopefully more albums in the future, but I get the feeling they're gonna take a LOOOONG sabbatical after the US tour is done. I would!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CamUberFan

PostSubject: Lurker no more   Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Enjoying the forum of my new favourite band. Can't get enough of them, bought all the albums, singles and went to see them at Komedia in Brighton, 'fantastic' as they say. Met the band afterwards and they were just brilliant, couldn't have been friendlier.

Just wondered if ok with everyone to post links to sessions they have done if you haven't already heard them ... especially love the KCRW session with a breath-taking version of Swans and perfect version of Toughter Than The Rest ....

http://peenko.blogspot.com/2009/06/-obscura-kcrw-session-120609.html

Good luck with your dates in the US, say high to the Big Easy for me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:07 pm

welcome to our humble site.....yep link whatever ya want within reason...........
Back to top Go down
CamUberFan

PostSubject: Peenko   Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:15 pm

Sorry, earlier link doesn't seem to work …

http://peenko.blogspot.com/search/label/Camera%20Obscura

http://peenko.blogspot.com/

Hope these are ok. Some great radio session performances - hope you enjoy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Im a big Camera Obscura fan. Have been ever since stumbling across them on Youtube about 7 months ago. Been to see them twice this year, once at IndieTracks and secondly at Barrowlands. From Glasgow, however currently work and live in Aberdeen(trying to get back to Glasgow currently).

So many things click with CO. I am normally a devoted Funk/Rock/Jazz fan(music centres around bass...Im a bass player), but if music sounds good then it is good. Also, they have a Swedish connection. I work for a Swedish company, and have been over in Sweden a few times...love the place. Also currently learning Swedish as a language. CO are from Glasgow, love the older videos where I can see snippets of Bath St etc. Friendly band, this comes across very much when I think the current music scene is full of inflated egos.

Favorite CO tune? Has to be Tears for Affairs.

A short but brief description.

bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:35 pm

welcome sinclair....to our humble site..........enjoy if you can.

mothership connection-parliament
Back to top Go down
Big Julie

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:15 am

Sinclair wrote:
Im a big Camera Obscura fan. Have been ever since stumbling across them on Youtube about 7 months ago. Been to see them twice this year, once at IndieTracks and secondly at Barrowlands. From Glasgow, however currently work and live in Aberdeen(trying to get back to Glasgow currently).

So many things click with CO. I am normally a devoted Funk/Rock/Jazz fan(music centres around bass...Im a bass player), but if music sounds good then it is good. Also, they have a Swedish connection. I work for a Swedish company, and have been over in Sweden a few times...love the place. Also currently learning Swedish as a language. CO are from Glasgow, love the older videos where I can see snippets of Bath St etc. Friendly band, this comes across very much when I think the current music scene is full of inflated egos.

Favorite CO tune? Has to be Tears for Affairs.

A short but brief description.

bounce

Lovely, välkommen. Kul att du tycker om Sverige!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:15 am

big julie,i think your keyboard is broken??

innocently learning a language??
Back to top Go down
johnners

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Another lurker here. Relatively new fan - only discover them with the Lloyd single, but have been trying to get the back catalogue since.

Could be wrong as I have been without a computer for a week, but has the new Christmas single been mentioned by anyone?

http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=320247&anchor=ad2937

Great site by the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:48 pm

ta very much an welcome....erm the surprise chrimbo single has bin mentioned...2 singles in one month.....bloody blimey..if only they would release the whole back catalogue of 7" as a boxset...although in sayin that,it cost a fortune to accumilate them all like..........
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:47 am

yea - the pile of singles starts takin some serious real-estate on the shelf here! a tidy compilation would be sweet!
tony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:11 pm

yep,next time i come across a 7" boxset at the charity shops..i`m gonna buy it and ditch the plastic an make a hessian camera obscura cover for it,an place the things lovingly inside............
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:24 am

agin! i see...
Quote :
In total there are 7 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests
c'mon folks - speak up... we can see yer there!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Wheres all these newbies/oldies gone ? This a very friendly place, ya can post anything you want.....

.....so come and join in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:08 pm

i been noticin a consistent number of lurkers... three to be exact.. almost everytime i'm online... i for one would like to hear from ya's... i'll be the first to admit that i'm not too knowledgeable bout pop music being a late bloomer to the influx of the new bands out there... something i'm correcting with the help of the gang here.. jump in folks, the waters fine...
bolony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theboywho

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:59 pm

JOHNNY REB admit they're lurking.....
www.myspace.com/signalemusik
http://www.glasgowconcerthalls.com/whatson/event/91136-The-Acoustic-Affair-presents-Johnny-Reb-with-guests

fully prepared to KILL to support camera obscura / soundtrack tracyanne's morning...

hello all.
andiamo.
xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lurkers make yourself known.........   

Back to top Go down

lurkers make yourself known.........
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next