camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm on the right track! [pun intended]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
paul

I'm on the right track! [pun intended] Empty
PostSubject: I'm on the right track! [pun intended]   I'm on the right track! [pun intended] EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 2:08 am

http://www.camera-obscura.net/photos/?set=72157617517534094&img=3488275765

Holy zarquon! He's using the same manuscript book(s) I use for ... trumpet, guitar, bass, drums, piano, mandolin ...

I must be doing something right.

Now that I think about it, though... why is he using a trumpet? I'm a tone junkie, right. And I know for a fact that a cornet's tone would be much better suited for Camera Obscura's sound and especially mooood.

On the subject of other instruments,
I'm loving Kenny's creme&pearl Jag with the P90's, btw. That's a classic one too, not one of those HH Special editions - which are cool in their own respect, but not for CO. Kenny's looks strikingly similar to Elvis Costello's old one from back in The Attractions day...
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: I'm on the right track! [pun intended]   I'm on the right track! [pun intended] EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:49 am

my youngest son christian(11) plays cornet......he`s about to go to "big"school...were he wants to learn drums...sayin that he does have a proper set of drums and a fender strat...he`ll get a decent band up by the end of school i`m sure..............
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: I'm on the right track! [pun intended]   I'm on the right track! [pun intended] EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 3:02 pm

graeme wrote:
my youngest son christian(11) plays cornet......he`s about to go to "big"school...were he wants to learn drums...sayin that he does have a proper set of drums and a fender strat...he`ll get a decent band up by the end of school i`m sure..............

heh. my "drum set" consists of a 14" hi-hat i got used for $30, a tamborine mounted on a microphone stand, a mid-tom sitting on the floor with a bass drum kick pedal in front of it, and a 100 year old cowbell that actually used to be on a cow - hanging on the boom used to mic the tamborine. i use 1/2" paint brushes for sticks (those are incredibly versatile actually... you've got the horse hair end, of course, then a metal rim holding the brush on, and a wooden handle -- three stick styles in one) sounds crazy but you can get some pretty inventive/unique sounds out of the weirdest and stingiest set ups.

i think next i'm going to add a wok to my repertoire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm on the right track! [pun intended]   I'm on the right track! [pun intended] Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm on the right track! [pun intended]
Page 1 of 1