camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Honey in the sun - New single, video

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Honey in the sun - New single, video   Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:35 pm

...don't care much for the Boss, but this version of Tougher I just simply adore.

and +1

I've been listening to the album, plus LGOOTC and others non stop for the past 2/3 months to the exclusion of everything else and I just don't seem to tire of it.

Pete

ps. at the kilmarnock edition festival Aug 8th, TC said the next single "HitS" at that stage would be download only btw Sad so this is good news

Last edited by Pete on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Honey in the sun - New single, video   Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:10 pm

Pete wrote:
TC said the next single "HitS" at that stage would be download only btw Sad so this is good news

agreed that they did release it as a single - i just like ta hav "real" physical copies of them (cover art, liner notes, etc). i see on Wikipedia they mention it as a promo cd...

Quote :
"Honey in the Sun" (August 2009)
* Promo-only CD: Radio Edit / Album Version / Instrumental

if anyone has any idea of how to get yer hands on it, i'd love to hear the different versions.
tony Question

also, some fella on Twitter said he heard an instrumental of French Navy on a BBC show called "BBC's Economy Gastronomy" - dont know tho but Carey replied Ooh I don't know. I guess I'll have to watch it to find out even though the presenters are irritating...". sooo, i guess that exists out there too...havent heard it tho Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Honey in the sun - New single, video   Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:45 am

i saw that honey in the sun promo on e-bay a while back,may seek it out....back listenin to maudlin after a long session of listenin to g.h.t.g and wilco the album,its a shame bout not puttin h.i.t.s out as a single..i think its a mistake to put s.t out instead and could prove costly in the long run,money is made from tourin these days,and no-one can accuse c.o of bein slackers in that department.but it will wear them out eventually,bein on the road is an endless source of lyrical insperation whcih hopefully will lead to even more songs to love.the choosin of a "wrong"single can lead to a lack of interest,not to people who love the band,but casual passers by....sweetest isn`t great camera obscura in my opinion..h.i.t.s is,i know its autumn and honey sounds like summer..the way it jumps out of the speakers,but that would be fine....still lovin camera obscura...............
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Honey in the sun - New single, video   Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:39 pm

i finally tracked the Honey promo down.. the instrumental is great but it feels so unusual without singing.. i almost imagine the vocals as it plays - very disconcerting.. voices in my head an all..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modrevolve

PostSubject: Re: Honey in the sun - New single, video   Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:15 pm

lucky you..where did you find it??

tonybolony wrote:
i finally tracked the Honey promo down.. the instrumental is great but it feels so unusual without singing.. i almost imagine the vocals as it plays - very disconcerting.. voices in my head an all..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Honey in the sun - New single, video   Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:00 pm

ahh... from a guy on another forum who i assume picked up a copy on ebay. probably outbid me!
i'll post it here as its not commercially available - in itunes (mp4) and 320 kbps mp3 formats.. if anyone has concerns with that, let me know and i will remove.. i'd hate to piss anyone (ie: band) off... gulp..
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ewrcgz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honey in the sun - New single, video   

Back to top Go down

Honey in the sun - New single, video
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2