camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's 2021!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
el_hombre

el_hombre

It's 2021! Empty
PostSubject: It's 2021!   It's 2021! EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 6:49 pm

I somehow slipped away from this forum and then couldn't find it for a bit. Since then I've been preoccupied with travel and lockdown.
But we've also had some interesting developments in the land of CO.
I think I was here for the Boaty performances, since then things kicked up a gear over on the band twitter account, starting with what appears to be the solidification of the lineup in the form of Carey's replacement for the Boaty and warmup shows Donna Maciocia as a named/permanent member.
Nigel also appears to be back in the fold.

And news that if it weren't for Covid, they'd have had new material recorded last year. Good things appear to be in store, jealous of peeps here that managed to take in some of the shows, hopefully next time I'm in the UK, I might be finally able to see them:)
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

It's 2021! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's 2021!   It's 2021! EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 6:55 pm

Hi and welcome back. There have been a few suggestions on twitter than Tracyanne has been singing at her computor which is great. The cancellation of the recording session at Rockfield was as disappointing for them as it was for us. My suggestion of considering Helmsdale went un noticed. I like many am excited to hear the new songs. I dont seriously think there will be shows for a while but when it does happen I am all for s jaunt around the UK. Again welcome back.
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

It's 2021! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's 2021!   It's 2021! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 7:52 pm

hey folks,
It has been a trying year for sure - hopefully, we will see some improvement this year and get back to some sort of normalcy. That concert in Spain I saw in the news gives me some hope to get to see some bands sooner than later. I miss live shows and I really miss this band - been watchin like a hawk for any news of new music or online shows but its really sparse.
They band posted something on twitter today or yesterday asking for help with live shows they've done on BBC and it got me to dig up my archives of live tunes. Its really out of date now with the newest entry back in 2010! Now looking online for some of the shows I may have missed.
Nice to see you both on here and hopefully this site will pick up again as new stuff trickles out!
Cheers!
Tony
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

It's 2021! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's 2021!   It's 2021! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 9:39 pm

Hi Tony, Like you I saw the request on twitter and obviously I tried to remember any shows but I couldn't. Truth being I don't think the band really bought in to the support from the UK. They seemed to do more radio in America and could always count on KCRW and the likes, they would often do radio in the afternoon and the shows later that day. I totally understand their frustration at the lack of audience in this country. Its always been strange and debated here several times.

The shows at Leamington Spa and say Shrewsbury were like chalk and cheese volume wise. After the boaty success and renewed interest in the band after the break they had taken, was fantastic to see. The talk of the new songs all but finished, the news of the proposed trip to record them at Rockfield and then COVID struck which put a halt to all that. I was hoping that they may have gone more local then to Edwyns gaff but I think they wanted specifically to visit the farm because of the history well documented especially now since the documentary.

The talk of BBC made me think that there maybe a sessions album in the pipeline, the obvious conclusion. We will see, the fact that they by the sounds have a full album ready to go is excellent. If they have and record it, it will be interesting to observe the reaction. I hope they finally get the crowds and attention they deserve. Here's hoping, welcome back.

tonybolony likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

It's 2021! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's 2021!   It's 2021! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's 2021!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
camera obscura :: Camera Obscura-
Jump to: