camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

tracyanne & danny night & day manchester

Go down 
AuthorMessage
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: tracyanne & danny night & day manchester   Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Was in Manchester yesterday to watch tracyanne & Danny. I know night & day quite well, its one of my usual haunts on a jaunt to Manchester, buying records and clothes normally, then a coffee and food maybe in night & day.Its a great venue on the small side. I wandered in to find the band on stage doing sound check, the were having a few problems, i sat and watched. After 20-25 mins it was sorted and off they went. The crowd looked quite small but it was only early. At 8.30 Henry Grace came on, a likeable chap who talks very lowly between songs, almost mumbles. He plays 5 of his own songs and two covers "Jolene" and "please,please,please let me get what I want". There is polite applause and he is gone.I had well taken my place against the stage by now, for all the usual reasons.

Then the band arrived I couldn't gauge the size of the crowd but by the sound they were making it had got a little busier. The band kicked in, sounded great quite comfortable with everything. The set was usual now it is a new band so they don't have a massive back catalogue to dip into, maybe given time. The songs are great, i have played this album a lot this year.A few lyrics forgotten and a few chords haha, shades of the past. It was hardly noticed though and soon the night is over, no encore which didn't go down well but they had played everything.

Hung about like a bit of a fan boy to buy a shirt as its nice to give something back in monetary form although £10 for t shirts is a good price. They seemed to do well on the merch stall which is nice to see. I could bang on a bit but really hope they can expand the fan base or at least the amount of folk that buy stuff. They both have been doing this a long time. I have been listening to camera obscura all day in the picturesque surroundings of Llangollen.What a great amount of beautiful brilliant songs and such a shame they never "made"it. There is a wealth of back catalogue there, maybe one day although i am sure things like the boat weekend we may re-ignite an interest but to be honest i think for the most part they will be preaching to the converted, ah, well upwards and onwards, Paris for me next, my favourite city with one of my favourite bands, perfect
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: tracyanne & danny night & day manchester   Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Thanks for your review Graeme! Its nice to get a feel for how they are doing. I too enjoy the T&D record and throw a CO album in quite regularly. My family and kids gravitate to Maudlin but i seem to draw towards LGOOTC with Desire Lines a close second.
Did you chat with them after the show?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: tracyanne & danny night & day manchester   Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi tony, i chatted a while, they are friendly enough and working hard. Did you see the quay session, can you get BBC i player? Not sure if you can, i am going to Paris to watch them and then bowlie 3 to look forward to, hope you are well....i listened to camera obscura a lot yesterday, so many great songs..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tracyanne & danny night & day manchester   

Back to top Go down

tracyanne & danny night & day manchester
Page 1 of 1