camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

It's 2015!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
el_hombre

PostSubject: It's 2015!   Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:11 am

Yup another year but it's looking like being a quiet one so far. Hopefully we might hear a lil more from the band, though it does seem like life has caught up with them somewhat. What with families getting underway in recent years and all.
Hopefully we get some more shows at least.

In the mean time what's floating your boats in the CO downtime?
For me it's new albums by Sleater Kinney & Ex-Hex as well as recent rediscoveries of stuff like M83, Alvvays, Lower Dens, and Ladytron.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It's 2015!   Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:13 pm

hiya,
saw alvvays recently and really enjoyed them...there are a lot of great albums about right now,enjoying sufjan stevens,allo darlin,gruff rhys,B&S and many other things right now..saw the sundowners a few nights ago(worth checking out)...the band are quiet obviously. It is an important time for them right now I feel as we knew that motherhood and fatherhood(tim) plus lee moving, kenny daddying and carey doin reviewin. i know tracyanne has spoken about touring with the not so baby now but also she has admitted on twitter not so long ago that the lyrics aren't pouring outta her subconscious....I suppose happiness isn`t the best place to be when searchin for reasons to write..although she has mentioned in the past that a skill as a songwriter should mean you can write stuff from a non personal perspective.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
el_hombre

PostSubject: Re: It's 2015!   Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:30 pm

Yeah it's an interesting one, the whole "I'm happy now but still I should still be able to write songs thing.
I kinda take Lou Barlow's song writing as an example of the effect happiness can have on things. His song writing just never seemed quite the same once he married.
Which is a tough one because you want your artists you admire to be happy and it's great that TraceyAnne for instance is in a good place.
I reckon it's probably too early for her to be worrying about songs coming yet. Now's probably more a time for parenting, but around that, also doing a bit more touring of Desire Lines if their lives are able to accommodate it now.
I'd love to see them come down my way but I dunno if that'll happen again at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's 2015!   

Back to top Go down

It's 2015!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1