camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Sweetest Thing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Idontdocrowds

The Sweetest Thing Empty
PostSubject: The Sweetest Thing   The Sweetest Thing EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:08 am

Is Tracyanne just the triumph of female songstress brilliance?
In looks, charisma, niceness and talent, does she not blow the likes of Perry, Rhianna, Beyonce, Gaga, Madonna away... I mean I don't have to say that because it's obvious, but .... I thought we'd have it out.
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

The Sweetest Thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sweetest Thing   The Sweetest Thing EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:31 pm

welcome,tracyanne besides bein gorgeous has such a fantastic voice,there has been mention of the amount of reverb on the recordings...but even singin in a unplugged stylee in the middle of a field or whatever her vocal sounds great au natural....what makes her special for me,and why the vocals are son lush and interesting is her delivery,her pronouciation,intonation....are exquisite....i was only thinkin this the other mornin..the beauty of it is that when she sings,its like she`s just singin to you(how many folk must think that?)...it seems personal.....beautiful......
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

The Sweetest Thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sweetest Thing   The Sweetest Thing EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:40 pm

I don't think I could have put this any better Gra. After 26 years of following music, TAC and is an absolute "Stand Out", she reduced me to tears some years ago live, and is an undiscovered gem.

The greats I think about are Brenda Lee, Billie Holliday, Nancy Wilson, Peggie Lee, Edith Piaf, and for me, not quite so cool, but Anne Murray, and not forgetting Roberta Flack. The biggest, and best ever, would be Karen Carpenter, without doubt in my mind, probably the greatest ever female vocalist, notwithstanding my fave ... Dusty Springfield.

TAC, will eventually, in my mind, be lauded, and appreciated, with the absolute greats.

For reasons Gra has just described.

She is absolute class. Mesmorising, and completely shy, unassuming, greatful, and completely unaware of how high her talent is respected.

When I am old, and she becomes a superstar, I will be happy to tell the kids ... "I saw her live".

Pete
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
graeme
Admin
graeme

The Sweetest Thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sweetest Thing   The Sweetest Thing EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:23 pm

nice one pete,i am also a fan of karen carpenter....the people you mention all are outstanding,sandy denny,karen dalton,carole king,the list,well is the list....i have a god help the girl t-shirt,,,its says beautiful girls,singing beautiful songs....as for tracyanne,well as i mentioned her vocals i could never tire of,but also they are her words,clever,touching,helpless,lost....when she says,she could be truly happy but only for a spell.....its that fragility,that honesty...that will always endear her to us.....she`s a lost angel seeking comfort in perpetual sorrow....and she`s also just like us,a person who wrote the words down strummed a few chords..and then the magic happened.....the song took flight and landed within...we can call it ours now to carry forth.............
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

The Sweetest Thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sweetest Thing   The Sweetest Thing EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:03 pm

wow - very poetic write-ups.. everybody that i've introduced CO to have fallen in love with her voice! don't think i can add anything further except my heart-felt "hell yeah!" to all thats been said...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sweetest Thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sweetest Thing   The Sweetest Thing Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sweetest Thing
Page 1 of 1