camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
modrevolve

PostSubject: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Hello
I've been collecting Camera Obscura and still have a few pieces fill. I've made of list of the singles and vinyl I'm aware of. Is there anything else to add to this list?

thanks

7 Inch Singles
Park and Ride - Andmoresound records
Your Sound - Andmoresound Records
Eighties Fan - Andmoresound Records
I Love My Jean - Elefant Records
Let’s Get Out Of This Country - Elefant Records
Lloyd I’m Ready to be Heartbroken - Elefant Records
Tears For Affairs - Elefant Records
If Looks Could Kill - Elefant Records
French Navy - 4AD
The Blizzard/Swans - 4AD
The Sweetest Thing - 4AD
The Nights Are Cold - 4AD

CD Singles
Your Sound - Andmoresound Records
Eighties Fan - Andmoresound Records
Teenager - Elefant Records
Keep It Clean - Elefant Records
I Love My Jean - Elefant Records
Let’s Get Out Of This Country - Elefant Records
Lloyd I’m Ready to be Heartbroken - Elefant Records
Lloyd I’m Ready to be Heartbroken - Merge Records
Tears For Affairs - Elefant Records
If Looks Could Kill - Elefant Records
French Navy - 4AD

Promo Singles
Tears for Affairs - Elefant
If Looks Could Kill - Elefant
French Navy - 4AD
The Blizzard/Swans - 4AD
The Sweetest Thing - 4AD
Honey in the Sun - 4AD
The Nights Are Cold - 4AD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:24 pm

i think you pretty much got it there.. i would count Rare UK bird too even tho it has 8 tracks and some of em are on other releases..
i think too that Blizzard/Swans and Sweetest Thing would count as a regular single rather than promo wouldnt it? whatever tho..
do you have all of these?! impressive if you've collected both vinyl and cd versions.. i've had to resort to digital versions from itunes, etc for the vinyl b-sides i was missing..
excellent list!
tony

i still wonder why James never was released as a single.. its one of mine and my wife's favourite songs.. ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modrevolve

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:39 pm

The promo cds were all listed as such on Discogs.com..I guess because they were never officially released on cd, they should be considered as such; but I lean on your reasoning Tony.

I have around 2/3rds of these; which is pretty good since I've only started amassing them a couple of months ago.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:15 pm

welcome modrevolve,all of these come up all the time...i even managed to pick up a 2nd park and ride for £7.99,which i gave to neil...i have stopped buying the cd`s......but will hopefully pick the 4 or 5 i haven`t got at a later date..i bought a promo of summit,looks could kill i think,because it had an interview with tracyanne on it.........she had just woken up an was in a daze for the whole thing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
modrevolve

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:16 pm

I still have a few that elude me..including a Keep it Clean single for a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:25 pm

modrevolve wrote:
I still have a few that elude me..including a Keep it Clean single for a reasonable price.

Is this the single you're looking for?

http://www.mergerecords.com/store/store_detail.php?catalog_id=401

Dunno what Merge's shipping charge to the UK is though. $8 isn't bad for the CD itself. (about 5 pounds)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modrevolve

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Wow..I can't believe I missed that!

Thanks for the heads up Paul. I finally have all the cd singles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:48 pm

yeah i love the merge site - i think i picked up 3 or 4 from that site... seem to recall the shipping was cheaper than damn sites here in my own country! go figure...
an glad to have ya aboard!
bolony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modrevolve

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:06 pm

They have free shipping to the US where I am located..even sweeter!

BTW..Since I'm on a roll, anyone know where I can find a promo copy of Honey in the Sun??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:14 pm

modrevolve wrote:

BTW..Since I'm on a roll, anyone know where I can find a promo copy of Honey in the Sun??

if ya find it, let me know! i've been hunting that one for a year now.. almost got a copy offa ebay but was sadly outbid.. i even tried to hit the people up at discogs.com who have it just to get the other versions but apparently they dont like doin that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:16 pm

modrevolve wrote:

Somehow I got the idea you were in the UK! Don't know why.

Glad I grabbed a Honey In The Sun promo while it was still not-so-rare. I went to the Banchory (sp?) store to see if they had any (they do not) and noticed they've still got plenty of signed Blizzard EP's. I wonder if the age of having your swag inked is coming to an end, seems to be less and less interest in it from the fanbases. (For that matter, there's so few people buying physical music anymore, what's left to sign?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:26 pm

i am still searchin for signed stuff... cds mind not plastic.. i got my maudlin signed at a show as i probably already said here.. few times maybe... braggart? dunno, but i have been actually looking online this morning for signed ZVG but not sure if they are out there.. anyone going to see them next month? could sendya some money for a highly-sought-after signed copy... takers??
i've also brought my copy of LGOOTC to the last 2 shows in hopes to get it signed after but the band never came out... i still would like to get Gavin's and Nigel's..
bolony-pie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modrevolve

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:31 pm

I'm not much for autographs but I wouldn't mind signatures from the band on a MMC LP for show.

I do have a photo of myself and TAC from the Other Music instore last year..That's all I need Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:20 am

was gettin some funny looks from the folks in work,scanning these jockey Y fronts....didn`t get me 7" signed...

[img][/img]

quite clean though......daz challenge

keep it clean-camera obscura
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:16 pm

nice one Gra!

here's mine... it was my old avatar..

as you can see... no Gavin an no Nigel but i do have Tim's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modrevolve

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:13 pm

this website is interesting..it keeps track of rare vinyl sales.

It shows seven Biggest Bluest Vinyl sold in the past two years..Six of them look to be out of Japan.

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=biggest+bluest+&thumbs=&currsel=
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:11 pm

someone is deffo pressin their own...once there was two on ebay at the same time.......
Back to top Go down
modrevolve

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Any idea what the numbers pressed were for the Andmoresound stuff??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modrevolve

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:01 pm

I forgot, I have the Honey Edit as it came with a 4AD sampler I got outside one of their shows. Its only 3:38 long..

Do you guys ever see The Blizzard one track cd single that was included with some copies of MMC for sale ever?

tonybolony wrote:
modrevolve wrote:

if ya find it, let me know! i've been hunting that one for a year now.. almost got a copy offa ebay but was sadly outbid.. i even tried to hit the people up at discogs.com who have it just to get the other versions but apparently they dont like doin that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:13 pm

modrevolve wrote:
I forgot, I have the Honey Edit as it came with a 4AD sampler I got outside one of their shows. Its only 3:38 long..

Do you guys ever see The Blizzard one track cd single that was included with some copies of MMC for sale ever?

i'm more interested in hearing the instrumental actually - i have heard the "radio" version..
i hav seen the blizzard single several times now.. its usually overpriced up the wazoo on ebay.. but i think its offered in a couple of online stores as a "holiday edition" of Maudlin.. you get maudlin and the single together....
http://www.insound.com/My-Maudlin-Career-Holiday-Edition-2xCD-Camera-Obscura/P/INS69039/
i also saw it at amazon.ca but thats the blizzard/swans single..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modrevolve

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:24 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the Holiday edition. I've seen that in stores before but already owned MMC. I have the promo cd with both tracks on it but want the cardboard version with just The Blizzard that is attached on the link you sent me. If you ever want me to send you the radio edit HITS just ask.

tonybolony wrote:

i'm more interested in hearing the instrumental actually - i have heard the "radio" version..
i hav seen the blizzard single several times now.. its usually overpriced up the wazoo on ebay.. but i think its offered in a couple of online stores as a "holiday edition" of Maudlin.. you get maudlin and the single together....
http://www.insound.com/My-Maudlin-Career-Holiday-Edition-2xCD-Camera-Obscura/P/INS69039/
i also saw it at amazon.ca but thats the blizzard/swans single..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:27 pm

modrevolve wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on the Holiday edition. I've seen that in stores before but already owned MMC. I have the promo cd with both tracks on it but want the cardboard version with just The Blizzard that is attached on the link you sent me. If you ever want me to send you the radio edit HITS just ask.

thanks! ..never noticed the acronym it makes - haha! nice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modrevolve

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:47 pm

I just found one on amazon uk from a seller in the Uk for a decent price so I ordered it. Will let you know when I get it if I think its a fake or not.

modrevolve wrote:

It shows seven Biggest Bluest Vinyl sold in the past two years..Six of them look to be out of Japan.

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=biggest+bluest+&thumbs=&currsel=
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatandconfused

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:27 pm

modrevolve wrote:

Wow i wish id know about that site sooner, just sold my copy of biggest bluest yesterday for £40 GBP.

Got a copy of Eighties Fan 7" which i'm think of listing shortly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modrevolve

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:50 pm

I'm pretty sure you sold it to me yesterday..ha

Do you happen to have a copy of the Park and Ride single?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions   

Back to top Go down

Camera Obscura - CD Singles and 7 Inch questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next