camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"we are now learning to use the internet more?"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
graeme
Admin
graeme

"we are now learning to use the internet more?" Empty
PostSubject: "we are now learning to use the internet more?"   "we are now learning to use the internet more?" EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:25 am

okay,todays thoughts...
there are two biggest bluest hifi`s for sale on discogs,at £80 each,with all the recent push on a vinyl revival,surely a re-issue is not beyond reason

how about a b sides release,thanks

or a live album coachella or tokyo will do,i can send you the links

how about a proper active home page official forum

erm a 7" collection box set

was talkin to nick at me party(seekmagic) and he was sayin he`s gonna jib his blog maybe...he has done so much for sales for bands as anyone i know,i.e puttin bands on his comps...oh there`s no reward for him...but for the most part he costs me a small fortune introducin me to new stuff....

"this is off our first record"

"this is off our third record"

camera obscura do many things to promote themselves,they are no slackers,they will travel to beijing today,i think to play one show,its showcase stuff, they really try and push sales in the countries they travel to,they have a plan..like playin a couple of dates in greece..they will also play a good mix of songs old and new.....but lookin at their website,they have really gotta get a grip of updates etc,and makin it a vessel for sales..this is how the world works now,i know what they are doin is tried and tested old school,playin to bigger,better each time,their work stateside has been admirable....and hopefully they will reap what they are tryin to sow...erm bit of a rant,the music industry is a grim place to be toutin your wares,i have a major dislike for it,even though i love music,camera obscura make music both in the studio and on stage that deserves to be heard,and enjoyed,loved,whatever,but like everythin else these days,its all pretty disposable and only really sticks with the likes of us,how many there are of the so said"us"...hopefully enough to spend the money and fill the larder,maybe i`m speakin outta turn they may enjoy tourin an wanna keep goin into their..agghhmmm mid 30`s??...good luck in the east.........
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

"we are now learning to use the internet more?" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "we are now learning to use the internet more?"   "we are now learning to use the internet more?" EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:02 pm

graeme wrote:
how about a b sides release,thanks

or a live album coachella or tokyo will do,i can send you the links
how about a proper active home page official forum
erm a 7" collection box set

hell yeah! but i do like this forum so maybe just an "un" official link??

graeme wrote:
..but for the most part he costs me a small fortune introducin me to new stuff....

yer all doing that to me! Very Happy

graeme wrote:
camera obscura do many things to promote themselves,they are no slackers,they will travel to beijing today,i think to play one show,its showcase stuff, they really try and push sales in the countries they travel to,they have a plan..

camera obscura make music both in the studio and on stage that deserves to be heard,and enjoyed,loved,whatever.......

i agree with all that but you do hafta give them "props" (hate that word) for their extensive single collection complete with fantastic b-sides.. i love how they will pop a cover song in there and some tracks that were maybe cut from an album for whatever reason... the only missing element is the live factor and they have repeatedly said how they are disappointed in their live sound... i honestly dont know why.. i love the randomness of live music and in particular the live studio sessions where you cut out the background noise of idiots like me in the crowd.. i'm camera obsessed with them actually! but something live released proper-like would be stellar - they do indeed make music that "deserves to be heard"!
Back to top Go down

"we are now learning to use the internet more?"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
camera obscura :: Camera Obscura-
Jump to: