camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

all i want for christmas is..TOKYO SWARM FAWNING-CAMERA OBSCURA 4AD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: all i want for christmas is..TOKYO SWARM FAWNING-CAMERA OBSCURA 4AD   Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:05 am

okay a boy can wish can`t he...listening to a few live shows from the last year lately,i think the tokyo is the best one,great quality and fan type set list,its ready to go as a flac,no work needed by the band(thanks very much) not the first time a band has sold a fans recording,and quite right too,whats theirs is ours,what ours is theres..the title could be anythin....i lifted that on from the costello tune,tokyo storm warning...but really..it should be considered,we are all waitin for summit new to buy,a double vinyl with a b sides disc,picked by tony or paul or derek...gotta be a 4AD option if they can get the rights...

Camera Obscura
Jan. 29, 2010
Shindaita Fever
Tokyo, Japan

Setlist (79:54)
1. Intro
2. My Maudlin Career
3. Come Back Margaret
4. Swans
5. Tears for Affairs
6. Teenager
7. Pen & Notebook
8. French Navy
9. The Sweetest Thing
10. You Told a Lie
11. Keep It Clean
12. Honey in the Sun
13. James
14. Lloyd I’m Ready to Be Heartbroken
15. If Looks Could Kill
(encore)
16. Country Mile
17. Let’s Get Out of This Country
18. Razzle Dazzle Rose

Source: Sony ECM-717>Sony D-100 (@ 2m from stage center)
Lineage: D-100 > SBDMSX > PC (48/16 L-PCM) > Remaster (Peak) >
44.1/16 .wav > Track Split (CDWave) > FLAC frontend > .flac (level

* remaster note *

Applied slight EQ but it’s only a bit of lifting middle to high
range up and reducing very low range.

there it is...............no work required people...make it easy on yourself......it has bin quiet erm we knew that,a trip to greece has bin put on the back burner.......lets hope santa has this in his sack for me....seein as the orange juice boxset is cd only????
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: all i want for christmas is..TOKYO SWARM FAWNING-CAMERA OBSCURA 4AD   Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:53 pm

I've had this one on my drive and the site for months now and never listened to it. Now that I finally have, I must say it's got to be one of the best audience bootlegs I've heard of C/O. Real pro job.
But if they were going to release it publicly for sale, I'd still prefer a soundboard. Despite how good the audience recording is, the low-end is near non-existent and vocals are really muddy.

You know what's really awesome about this one though: the revamped version of "Come Back Margaret". I don't remember them doing it in April... It's like some funked-up reggae arrangement. Love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: all i want for christmas is..TOKYO SWARM FAWNING-CAMERA OBSCURA 4AD   Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:21 pm

really? now i've gotta listen to it too..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: all i want for christmas is..TOKYO SWARM FAWNING-CAMERA OBSCURA 4AD   Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:06 pm

the bottom end is fine by me...its a great balance i think...and the crowd kinda add to it..a couple of forgotten words and bum notes...but thats it....when you hear the likes of the eugene things...this is ace.....i`d prefer it to a sound board...my kids love this show....and its got pen & notebook..........still havent got round to watchin on youtube,the hues corporation doin rock the boat i think its called...or is it george mcrea rock your baby...the razzle dazzle rose bassline........nah dont think its either..i was convinced
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: all i want for christmas is..TOKYO SWARM FAWNING-CAMERA OBSCURA 4AD   Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:36 pm

graeme wrote:
okay a boy can wish can`t he...listening to a few live shows from the last year lately,i think the tokyo is the best one,great quality and fan type set list,its ready to go as a flac,no work needed by the band(thanks very much) not the first time a band has sold a fans recording,and quite right too,whats theirs is ours,what ours is theres..
if they did set it commercial-like, i'd be sucker enough to get it for the packaging.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: all i want for christmas is..TOKYO SWARM FAWNING-CAMERA OBSCURA 4AD   Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:29 pm

was jus listening to this again and i really like tracks 5, 6 & 7... i am truly in love with teenager so i dont know if i'm just biased on that one but pen & notebook has a great surreal feel to it.. Carey's piano and TAC's fragile vocals give me chills - so good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: all i want for christmas is..TOKYO SWARM FAWNING-CAMERA OBSCURA 4AD   

Back to top Go down

all i want for christmas is..TOKYO SWARM FAWNING-CAMERA OBSCURA 4AD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1