camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

..Luke Doucet and the White Falcons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tonybolony

tonybolony

..Luke Doucet and the White Falcons Empty
PostSubject: ..Luke Doucet and the White Falcons   ..Luke Doucet and the White Falcons EmptyFri May 28, 2010 4:24 pm

i know some of yous are prob thinking that here goes bolony with another damn canuck recommend.. but this guy is one of my favourite artists so i gotta.. his music isnt really pop tho - more of a alternative folk rock. his last 2 albums have been stellar tho and you should give a little listen to them "Broken (and other Rogue States)" and "Bloods Too Rich" i know he has been praised by Nick Hornby and a number of others across this country but i see he's got a bunch of uk shows coming up...

Quote :
Luke Doucet at St Bonaventure - Luke Doucet live in Bristol, UK, Bristol, Fri, October 22 @ 8:00 PM

Luke Doucet Live in Wakefield, UK at Henry Boon's, WakefieldWed, October 27 @ 8:00 PM

Luke Doucet at The Grapes - Luke Doucet Live in Sheffield, UK, Sheffield, Thu, October 28 @ 8:00 PM

anyhow... done with my shameless promo

...well, now i'm done.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: ..Luke Doucet and the White Falcons   ..Luke Doucet and the White Falcons EmptyFri May 28, 2010 4:50 pm

tonybolony wrote:
i know some of yous are prob thinking that here goes bolony with another damn canuck recommend.. but this guy is one of my favourite artists so i gotta.. his music isnt really pop tho - more of a alternative folk rock. his last 2 albums have been stellar tho and you should give a little listen to them "Broken (and other Rogue States)" and "Bloods Too Rich"

The pre-song banter is fantastic. I love it when artists explain the stories or meanings behind their songs, even when it's blatantly obvious.
Don't think I'm going to go any further though, the country-style harmonies kind of put me off. I've just never been a fan of that style. The guy's got a superb voice though, there aren't a lot of especially amazing male vocalists these days.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: ..Luke Doucet and the White Falcons   ..Luke Doucet and the White Falcons EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Kinda reminds me of Neil Young/Bob Dylan - I kinda like this stuff live, as in a pub gig. It's not really the stuff I would listen to at home or on the move, but yeh, agreed, the banter was first class Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ..Luke Doucet and the White Falcons   ..Luke Doucet and the White Falcons Empty

Back to top Go down

..Luke Doucet and the White Falcons
Page 1 of 1