camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Stuffs for yous. Live downloads in great quality.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ihave19voices

PostSubject: Stuffs for yous. Live downloads in great quality.   Sun May 23, 2010 11:03 am

So with that Vimeo video I created a little EP of the tracks. Shame its not the full show, but it was quite easy once I got the MP4. QT Pro demuxes audio with one button (straight to wav) so its not much quality loss. Made a little MP3 Live EP of what was there for footage:

sendspace.com pj8otm

I also ripped the audio from the Williamsburg show thats available to watch here. This is a full show unlike the EP above, so its nice to have something in full with great quality. Theres an option to buy the video, but they only offer WMV which sucks, so I had to get the audio with an onboard sound recorder. Came out great though.

sendspace.com om3zlr

Enjoy.

Also you can download the video of the Vimeo thing here (right click/save as).

Its a 298 mb MP4, so you need Quicktime to view it. If you have a PS3 or Xbox you can watch it on your TV, which is a nice thing. Same with an iPod that has video capabilities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul

PostSubject: Re: Stuffs for yous. Live downloads in great quality.   Sun May 23, 2010 3:10 pm

ihave19voices wrote:

I also ripped the audio from the Williamsburg show thats available to watch here. This is a full show unlike the EP above, so its nice to have something in full with great quality. Theres an option to buy the video, but they only offer WMV which sucks, so I had to get the audio with an onboard sound recorder. Came out great though.

sendspace.com om3zlr

Enjoy.

I purchased this one myself quite awhile ago, it's not WMV, it's H.264 in an m4v container - That's iPod format.
I stripped the audio out of it as well, the stream is mp4a, Apple's proprietary lossy codec, they probably converted the damn thing with iTunes or Quicktime, both of which I loathe. But at least it's not DRM'd. I use VLC (videolan.org) to watch it.

Anyway, you might be interested in the small collection of audio bootlegs I set up here:
http://www.allthefriendswecanget.com/live
It's everything you can get on the torrent networks, but at a more permanent location. They are all in their original file format... any live shows are FLAC, many of the radio sessions are MP2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ihave19voices

PostSubject: Re: Stuffs for yous. Live downloads in great quality.   Sun May 23, 2010 3:13 pm

My mistake. I wasnt sure, but when I looked on Baeble's help section it said they offered WMV.

Thanks for the tip. I actually have most of the stuff (the sessions anyway) via Dime. I can't stand audience recorded stuff, so I typically skip it. Cheers though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul

PostSubject: Re: Stuffs for yous. Live downloads in great quality.   Sun May 23, 2010 3:30 pm

ihave19voices wrote:
My mistake. I wasnt sure, but when I looked on Baeble's help section it said they offered WMV.

Thanks for the tip. I actually have most of the stuff (the sessions anyway) via Dime. I can't stand audience recorded stuff, so I typically skip it. Cheers though.

I pretty much agree there. Some of the audience recordings are listenable though, like the in-store: fantastic.

Gotta convince Kenny Mac to start recording soundboards..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blurecu

PostSubject: Re: Stuffs for yous. Live downloads in great quality.   Mon May 24, 2010 2:18 am

Great stuff. Thank You!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
derek

PostSubject: Re: Stuffs for yous. Live downloads in great quality.   Mon May 24, 2010 10:28 pm

ihave19voices wrote:
I also ripped the audio from the Williamsburg show thats available to watch here. This is a full show unlike the EP above, so its nice to have something in full with great quality.

Not to nitpick... but it's not technically the whole show. They cut a couple of songs that were played at the gig... "Teenager", "Come back margaret" and "The Blizzard". Still awesome, but not complete. Missing 3 amazing tunes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steven13

PostSubject: Re: Stuffs for yous. Live downloads in great quality.   Thu May 27, 2010 11:07 pm

thanks for posting these
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuffs for yous. Live downloads in great quality.   

Back to top Go down

Stuffs for yous. Live downloads in great quality.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1