camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Taping policy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isaac

PostSubject: Taping policy   Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:21 am

Hi all,

I'm new here, but a big fan of Camera Obscura. I got tickets to both San Fran shows. I would love to tape, but wondering what their taping policy is? SBD would be great, but I also have a mic setup.

Thanks,
Isaac
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Taping policy   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:55 am

well.. not sure what the band thinks of taping... havent yelled at us yet for posting live shows or sessions that have been acquired thru various sites... i know i'd love to find the first show i saw them at but it wasnt a huge venue and i could see that nobody was recording as far as i could see... if yer worried you could send them a twitter or email.. they do answer them sometimes.. be sure to share when its taped tho! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Taping policy   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:56 am

oh and welcome to the site!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taping policy   Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:30 pm

yep,and welcome no band would ever say yay or nay methinks about tapin...but its summit that does go on(there are quite a few up on dimeadozen) judgin by the announced threat of a boycott of this"only camera obscura forum"...they do read this occassionally,hahaha maybe they`ll say...i dont think so....its is our duty to line the pockets of this group whenever we can..tapin shows is fine(personally speakin as we waait for the official reaction) for no financial gain i would say..i`m sure they`ve got some boots in their record collections.........and some surprises too...

these boots were made for walkman.......

Last edited by graeme on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taping policy   Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:35 pm

oh yeah i got a nice link to an article yesterdee bout tapes....how indie bands are reviving the idea(the decemberists to name just one)..i like the plan....i still have a workin original one...lost the headphones though.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/mar/29/audio-cassette-comeback

it were deerhunter not the decemberists........
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Taping policy   Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:17 pm

graeme wrote:
..its is our duty to line the pockets of this group whenever we can..
..i`m sure they`ve got some boots in their record collections.........and some surprises too...
these boots were made for walkman.......

and our pleasure when they pump out such masterpieces!

...an omg!! i had that EXACT walkman - got it for one of my birthdays if i remember right!! hilarious... wonder what happened to it.... i know i still hav one of those yellow waterproof ones that sony put out in the late 80s and it still works... headphones hav long since been replaced - they broke easily... it even still has a tape in it! great white single for "once bitten" i think but its the b-side i loved... tune called "wasted rock ranger" ...hilarious tune.. oop found it on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtXBM6bC2Qw
bolony-is-my-name
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taping policy   Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:28 pm

was it your 30th birthday??*

bear in mind this thing was out in 1979............

i remember staring down at the waves hittin the rocks on an ibiza cliff listenin to "shine so hard" by echo and the bunnymen in 1982....the drummin in zimbo echoin in my head.........
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Taping policy   Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:08 pm

heh heh! not quite... i got my first walkyman in grade 6 sooo it was like 1984... my home province has always been slow to get products so it wouldna surprise me if mine was made in 79. i had the echo n BM tape as well but just the crocodiles album not the ep ya talk about... cant say i've even heard it - jus checked wiki and i know i havenot so will have to check out later today...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
derek

PostSubject: Re: Taping policy   Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:10 pm

Just contact the band through their myspace/website/twitter. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Actually... the only problem I could think of is if you tape it and don't share! Some of us are crazy and need 40 different versions of "Tears for Affairs"! I joke... but it really is interesting to hear different live versions of these songs... even though they are ostensibly the same song. The recent recording from Japan is hilarious. Tracyanne sounds like she hasn't slept in a week! (But she still sounds great, of course. Just tired. Which I find adorable.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taping policy   

Back to top Go down

Taping policy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1