camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Teenage Fanclub shows

Go down 
+4
graeme
paul
Pete
tonybolony
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tonybolony

tonybolony

Teenage Fanclub shows Empty
PostSubject: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:21 pm

pretty sweet for those over the great pond.. some Teenage Fanclub shows on their website....
Quote :
The band have been booked to play a show at Koko in London as part of the “Camden Crawl”. Our show takes place on Saturday May 1st.

We would also like to take this opportunity to announce details of a forthcoming UK/Irish tour to promote our new album “Shadows”. We’ll be making a further statement later this week regarding it’s release.
guess i havent been keepin up-to-date with em - didn't know a new album was on the way! excellent!
...thanks to the CO twitter for the heads up..
bolony
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:28 pm

OOOOO a new TF song on their website... "baby lee" from the upcoming Shadows album...
http://www.teenagefanclub.com/
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Fook me ! TFC shows are as rare as Hens Teeth mate.

And quite possibly, one of the greatest live experiences ever...especially remembering a Barra's gig, which would go down as one, if not the best, all time fave gig. Barring CO at TITP 2009 obviously. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:40 am

Pete wrote:
Fook me ! TFC shows are as rare as Hens Teeth mate.

And quite possibly, one of the greatest live experiences ever...especially remembering a Barra's gig, which would go down as one, if not the best, all time fave gig. Barring CO at TITP 2009 obviously. :-)

aww - now i'm REALLY jeaous... i honestly don't know if they have ever been over the great pond and i only ever saw europe from a dim-witted 17-year-old pair of eyes.. no offense to you youngins but i was dim... trying for a big ol european tour someday.. wifey wanted one this year (10 year anniversary and all) but our little monsters have delayed the trip a year or two. backpackin like Pete sounds bout right to me!
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 1:18 am

tonybolony wrote:
aww - now i'm REALLY jeaous... i honestly don't know if they have ever been over the great pond and i only ever saw europe from a dim-witted 17-year-old pair of eyes.. no offense to you youngins but i was dim...

I know what you mean there. I look at myself as a 17 year old, 19 year old, even 21 year old, and am often disgusted. I imagine I'll feel the same about my 22/23 year old self when I'm 36. The important thing, I guess, is that one recognizes and learns from one's dim-wittedness, and improves.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:16 am

don't be so glum fer the 20s are great for finding "your way"... i was dim cause i didnt have a clue what life had in store for me...
as the Fannies say "Just kick my feet off the ground, I'll embrace the sky...I've got no beat in time, got no place in line"
s'all fun if you see it that way! Very Happy
bolony
at the very least, ya got better taste in music than i did at 22 (hell, i was singing along to gangstas paradise ... eek! Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 9:45 am

tonybolony wrote:
.....hell, i was singing along to gangstas paradise ... eek! Embarassed )

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:09 am

they pretty much always turn up at atp......i like the photograph tony...i take it the beatles cartoons from yella submarinethingy were sleeping around stateside on a visit???(you must save a fortune on shavin equipment)
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:36 am

oh i canno take credit for the avatar... my brother-in-law is a graphic illustrator in our nation's capital and he a job for a bank ad. it was in one of those mini-books ya get at sporting events (this case a hockey game) and had to draw a family ice skating so he drew his sister's fam. here's the whole image...
Teenage Fanclub shows Hamilt13
ahh the fame of it all! Wink

an btw... the girl with the puck is my gal Abbey!

Last edited by tonybolony on Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:38 am

oh an i hafta shave practically every 12 hours to keep that look! fellas at werk joke that if i were a superhero, that would be me super-power ....grows full beard when angered! Mad
bolony
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:07 pm

great pic..............
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:02 pm

Thats a cool take. We have a "DohDolly" made my friends mother for my graduation some 20 years ago or so. Its me, M, and Stacey when she was about 5/6. Basically a handpainted model of us made from doh..I'll see if I can upload a pic. Its hung on our L/R wall for years and we always gets comments from folk about it. I especially like the way M's glasses were made out of fuse wire, and its a bit uncanny Very Happy

Back to thread....Have just booked 2 x TF tickets for Edinburgh Playhouse on 3rd June - Michelle has never seen them live before but its something she has talked about for years. Its just that anytime they played, we were always doing something else. I've seen them a few times, a Barras gig in 97 I think which was rocking, with sweat dripping from ceiling. Also at Oran Mhor, small intimate gig 2 years or so ago.

Pete

Last edited by Pete on Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steven13

steven13

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:50 pm

I'll be going to the Glasgow show seen them loads always a good show
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:57 pm

Meet for a beer Steven?
Back to top Go down
steven13

steven13

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:58 pm

Yes i'd be up for that Pete no problem
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:22 pm

So.....
Teenage Fanclub is on Merge now. (Don't know where they were between the now defunct Creation Records and Merge, but that's where they are)
And they've got an album coming out in June: http://mergerecords.com/store/store_detail.php?catalog_id=705

Yay!
Sad to see no vinyl is available for preorder. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:22 am

One of my best ever gigs were TF at the Barrowlands in '97, sweat was dripping from the ceiling, every tune had the crowd going wild, the chiming guitars were literally cutting you in half with melodies. They blew the roof off the place. Can't wait to see them again.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:44 pm

i guess a few times they've played on bbc lately (from the website)...

Quote :
You can hear the band perform songs from the album “Shadows” live in session on the following shows. Click on the links for more detailed information.
# May 1st – Live in session with Dermot O’Leary on BBC Radio 2
# May 26th – Live in session with Radcliffe and Maconie on BBC Radio 2
# May 27th – Live in session with Marc Riley on BBC Radio 6 Music
# June 9th – Live in session with Lauren Laverne on BBC Radio 6 Music

you can listen to the first one on may 1st here...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00s9ddl
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:21 pm

ah..was hoping for another early listen but they only played Baby Lee and Sparky's Dream..
great interview tho and there's a nice lil blurb about trying to get Tracyanne on the a show called "Tracyanne can" where they pick a track by any artist and she can sing it beautifully... cant argue with em! i'd tune in for that show!

oh Baby Lee at about 20 mins
Sparkys at about 32
with a big interview between
cheers!
Back to top Go down
blurecu

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Here's a link to download the Dermot O’Leary session. Found it on the TFC forum.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pasoys
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:25 pm

again! looks like the album leaked last week.. now comes the overwhelming urge to DL and listen before the album is in my hands... can't..do...it..
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blurecu

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Here's a link for the session this evening. Thanks to terjely on the TFC forum.

Live in session with Radcliffe and Maconie on BBC Radio 2:

http://rapidshare.com/files/391883769/TFC.rar
Back to top Go down
blurecu

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Here's tonights session with interviews.

Baby Lee + Shock and Awe + About You

http://rapidshare.com/files/392235996/TFC2.rar

May 27th – Live in session with Marc Riley on BBC Radio 6 Music
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:27 pm

OH you lucky folks over the pond... just pulled this from the BMX bandits myspace..
Quote :
Celebrating Alex Chilton with his music and the music he loved.
Thursday June 10th, MONO, Kings Court, King St., Glasgow.
Teenage Fanclub, BMX Bandits, The Pearlfishers, V-twin and Milk will be playing short sets in tribute to Alex Chilton.
Plus a soundtrack of Alex's fave tunes.
£10 all funds going to the NEW ORLEANS MUSIC CLINIC
... TFC and BMX playing BigStar music?! that would be a helluva show! maybe if i win that lottery...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:38 pm

I'm wonder who gets to play September Gurls !

I'll bet Steven is going to this ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub shows   Teenage Fanclub shows Empty

Back to top Go down

Teenage Fanclub shows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
camera obscura :: Camera Obscura-
Jump to: