camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Maudlin Career instrumentals?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
inkling23

My Maudlin Career instrumentals? Empty
PostSubject: My Maudlin Career instrumentals?   My Maudlin Career instrumentals? EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:03 am

I stumbled across a download site for My Maudlin Career instrumentals. Have any of you downloaded this? Is it as legit as they claim?
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: My Maudlin Career instrumentals?   My Maudlin Career instrumentals? EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:13 pm

hmmm... interestin that is.. but i doubt its legit. if you listen close on the quieter tunes like Away with Murder or James ya can here TAC singing very faintly... i guess this dj did some mixing to remove as much vocals as possible?? i'm not audio-savy so don't know exactly how...
its kinda odd listening tho.. lemmie know if anyone finds (or buys?) a copy
bolony

btw. there is a Honey in the Sun instrumental that i've seen on some sites but never got a copy.. its on the single and has a "radio edit" as well whatever the hell thats supposed to be.. guess all the crude vulgar language is dubbed out? Wink
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: My Maudlin Career instrumentals?   My Maudlin Career instrumentals? EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:09 pm

tonybolony wrote:
hmmm... interestin that is.. but i doubt its legit. if you listen close on the quieter tunes like Away with Murder or James ya can here TAC singing very faintly... i guess this dj did some mixing to remove as much vocals as possible?? i'm not audio-savy so don't know exactly how...
its kinda odd listening tho.. lemmie know if anyone finds (or buys?) a copy
bolony

I think tony is right. All they've done to create an "instrumental" is done a stereo vocal removal dsp. It's very simple to do, the tools are free, and a lot of people will do it for build-your-own karaoke tracks. (ew...)

tonybolony wrote:

btw. there is a Honey in the Sun instrumental that i've seen on some sites but never got a copy.. its on the single and has a "radio edit" as well whatever the hell thats supposed to be.. guess all the crude vulgar language is dubbed out? ;)

Wow, I didn't think that Honey In The Sun could get any more radio friendly. Usually those edits take out extended solos or shorten up intro and outro lengths, Honey In The Sun is already very radio formatted.

And holy zarquon's zombie, there's a single??? I thought they dropped it for The Sweetest Thing! How did I miss this!!!!???
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: My Maudlin Career instrumentals?   My Maudlin Career instrumentals? EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:28 pm

paul wrote:
Wow, I didn't think that Honey In The Sun could get any more radio friendly. Usually those edits take out extended solos or shorten up intro and outro lengths, Honey In The Sun is already very radio formatted.

And holy zarquon's zombie, there's a single??? I thought they dropped it for The Sweetest Thing! How did I miss this!!!!???

oh - i guess the radio edit is just shorter (found it on a Japanese website) and there was no official single released but there was a "promo" disc that i hav not been able to get my grubby little fingers on... Evil or Very Mad
check out the old ebay here.... went for somethin like $22...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAMERA-OBSCURA%22Honey-In-The-Sun%22-%28-3-Track-CD-Promo-%29_W0QQitemZ300374483179QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20091206?IMSfp=TL091206167003r15224
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: My Maudlin Career instrumentals?   My Maudlin Career instrumentals? EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:31 pm

incidentally, i came across another "honey in the sun" by a band called Spooncurve.. electronica if yer into that...
Back to top Go down
inkling23

PostSubject: Re: My Maudlin Career instrumentals?   My Maudlin Career instrumentals? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:35 am

Yeah, it didn't seem 100% legit to me, but I was wondering if it might be since there is an official (albeit promo) instrumental of Honey In The Sun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Maudlin Career instrumentals?   My Maudlin Career instrumentals? Empty

Back to top Go down

My Maudlin Career instrumentals?
Page 1 of 1