camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Honey in the sun?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stevie-Stevie

Stevie-Stevie

Honey in the sun? Empty
PostSubject: Honey in the sun?   Honey in the sun? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Hello forum people, I'm new here today and enjoying every minute. Just a quick question about Honey in the sun......I have seen a few 1 track promo CD singles of this doing the rounds recently with a nice unique picture sleeve but was this simply released as an album sampler or did it get an official single release, I only ask as I don't seem to remember seing it? Thanks in advance for any info, Steve.
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

Honey in the sun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honey in the sun?   Honey in the sun? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 8:33 pm

I don't think there is a real single version of this. The only 7"s they've done for the new album cycle have been "French Navy", "The Sweetest Thing" and "Swans/Blizzard". I think. Those are the only ones I have anyway!

They did make a video for "Honey in the Sun" and there is a "cover" for the single... but I think it's just a promo.
Back to top Go down
TracyanneLovesTheGers

TracyanneLovesTheGers

Honey in the sun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honey in the sun?   Honey in the sun? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Yep a lot of 'singles' today are only singles by virtue of being 'singled out' for promotion - and indeed there was a video made to mark this (shot live at the Glasgow Barrowlands - ahhh, I was there!). There is indeed only a promo CD of Honey in the Sun (it's the CD with the swan artwork cover) and no actual physical release. Most copies of the CD seem to have had the info sticker stuck onto the FRONT of the sleeve sadly!
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

Honey in the sun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honey in the sun?   Honey in the sun? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Lucky, lucky seeing them at the Barrows! I love that video. Probably my favorite CO video so far. That and "Lloyd".
Back to top Go down
TracyanneLovesTheGers

TracyanneLovesTheGers

Honey in the sun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honey in the sun?   Honey in the sun? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 10:06 pm

derek wrote:
Lucky, lucky seeing them at the Barrows!

Seen them there twice in fact!

Actually, that's another thread - 'How many times have you seen them live?' I should try and contribute to that ...

Quote :
I love that video. Probably my favorite CO video so far. That and "Lloyd".

Yeah, it's got so many lovely backstage goof-off moments too.

The Lloyd video ... hm. Never quite worked that one out ... was it made in Sweden? Why is only Tracyanne there? I am never too keen when the singer seems to oust the rest of the band! And of course it doesn't have what you absolutely NEED in such a thing - a cameo by Lloyd Cole as a janitor sweeping up after the video shoot or suchlike!
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

Honey in the sun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honey in the sun?   Honey in the sun? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 10:13 pm

TracyanneLovesTheGers wrote:
Actually, that's another thread - 'How many times have you seen them live?' I should try and contribute to that ...

I should probably update my count in that thread as well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Honey in the sun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honey in the sun?   Honey in the sun? Empty

Back to top Go down

Honey in the sun?
Page 1 of 1