camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2010 Tour Dates

Go down 
+11
snowdroplets
inkling23
Hogs
CristianisDaMan
graeme
blurecu
theboywho
derek
Pete
tonybolony
paul
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
blurecu

2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:01 am

More pics from Coachella towards the top of this page:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/04/coachella_2010_2.html
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:04 pm

Don't they look adorable in their sunglasses?

Only a little over a month until they play NYC!! (again...)
Back to top Go down
inkling23

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:30 am

Just saw them headline in San Francisco (they open for Yo La Tengo tomorrow night). I was pretty damn thrilled to hear "The World Is Full Of Strangers" (one of my favorite b-sides ever by any band) and, as requested by many (as they returned for an encore), "Eighties Fan," played for the first time on the tour, according to Tracyanne. God I love this band!

Max
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:44 pm

inkling23 wrote:
...I was pretty damn thrilled to hear "The World Is Full Of Strangers" (one of my favorite b-sides ever by any band) and, as requested by many (as they returned for an encore), "Eighties Fan," played for the first time on the tour, according to Tracyanne. God I love this band!Max
OH thats fantastic!! i did get to hear 80s fan both times i saw em play (in 2009) and was glad for it - one of my fave tunes... i'm actually hopin to hear "Away with Murder"... i love that song and strangely, it's only popped up maybe twice on their setlists... both times in june of 09.. other than that and World is full of Strangers, i'd hafta hope for an older tune like Suspended - also hasnt been played in forever as far as i know.. i would think that one would be a standard. maybe they played it so much back a few years..
btw - how was Yo La Tengo??
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:03 pm

tonybolony wrote:
inkling23 wrote:
...I was pretty damn thrilled to hear "The World Is Full Of Strangers" (one of my favorite b-sides ever by any band) and, as requested by many (as they returned for an encore), "Eighties Fan," played for the first time on the tour, according to Tracyanne. God I love this band!Max
OH thats fantastic!! i did get to hear 80s fan both times i saw em play (in 2009) and was glad for it - one of my fave tunes... i'm actually hopin to hear "Away with Murder"... i love that song and strangely, it's only popped up maybe twice on their setlists... both times in june of 09.. other than that and World is full of Strangers, i'd hafta hope for an older tune like Suspended - also hasnt been played in forever as far as i know.. i would think that one would be a standard. maybe they played it so much back a few years..

"world is full of strangers" is the only one of those i haven't seen live. i hope they do it in nyc.

tony... looks like you've been going a little OCD on setlist.fm!
Back to top Go down
blurecu

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:17 pm

Cary sent this tweet last night:

It's nice when you go searching for old setlists online to try and vary the set and come across a bad review. MAGIC. c.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:43 pm

derek wrote:
tony... looks like you've been going a little OCD on setlist.fm!
ahh... dont know what yer talkin bout.. um..er... Embarassed
heh heh, yeah its been drivin me nuts when they dont enter the right name... throws the counts all off... enquirin minds wanna know, y'know clown

an btw.. how the heck did ya know??
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:00 pm

I'm all knowing. (no... just get updates from setlist.fm from ones that i've edited or created. I'm edierevolution on there.)
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:01 pm

ahh yes... would make sense since ya went to so many of their shows.
dont mind me... obsessing is my favourite passtime (especially @ werk)
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:04 pm

trying to make that a good (reliable) source for setlists.

last year i started a book with all my handwritten ones that I write down.

and I have a bunch of real (TAC written) setlists from past shows. probably about 10 or so. although I haven't been great at getting them lately. some hipster asshole in brooklyn got it at the last show. but i'm not too bothered by it. ha.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:05 pm

yeah i have been at least trying to get a pic of them when i can... most of those hipsters dont mind - in fact, they take great pleasure in the fame of it all! Laughing
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:07 pm

2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 Obscur10

methinks i was a weee bit drunk at this one.... missed the bottom... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 pm

derek wrote:
I'm all knowing. (no... just get updates from setlist.fm from ones that i've edited or created. I'm edierevolution on there.)
oh an sorry but yer gettin tons of update notices then! i think i've seen you at least a dozen times now!
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:23 pm

tony wrote:
t looks as tho we will go to Carmine's whilest we do a walking tour of the area before the show...split on one of those meals - sounds good! i'll be content to take a pic of the Carnegie Deli (i think i know it most from Adam Sandler's hannukah song...eek! haha).. and we'll do the ferry to Staten Island and grabba lunch or something there... i think what we really want to do is not necessarily see/eat at the "best" place but the places the typical NYer goes on a daily basis... y'know, like you've been to some great places but where do you go when you just want good eats or something fun to see... like, where do YOU go?? we'll walk by the Empire State bldg, Grand Central and Times Square...try to get to Central Park... we might have time to see a show (not on broadway maybe but something cheaper and just as good - i see some websites for that).. anyhow thanks for all these tips again man!
derek wrote:
hey tony... lemme think a little. i live in Astoria, queens (just over the bridge from Manhattan), so I really spend a lot of time there. but I'm sure I can think of a few things like you're looking for. too busy at work today to think though!

sorry to harass ya but... any thought on this? thanks again again
tony
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:29 pm

i mean.. honestly i don't really do breakfast in times square all that often. i know of a really good brunch place that's only a couple of blocks away. If this is for Sunday... I highly recommend:

Eatery
9th Ave and 53rd Street
http://www.eaterynyc.com/Eatery-Custom.aspx

it gets busy for brunch... so either make a reservation or be prepared to wait at the bar with a bloody mary.

I really avoid times square like the plague. it's so crowded you can't really walk. then tourists go home and tell everyone... "I love New York, but it's SO CROWDED!". Well.. maybe if people went a little outside of times sq, herald sq, etc. they'd see that it's crowded here, but you don't get the feeling that you are just cattle when you're walking in the village (usually).

for just regular ol' breakfast... obviously you should get a bagel.

one of the best places to get one is Ess-a-Bagel, which is at 51st st and 3rd ave.

http://www.ess-a-bagel.com/

again, not exactly in times square... but that's pretty close if it's nice out. you can walk by radio city and rockefeller center and all that.

the top of the rock at rockefeller center is supposed to be fantastic. i'm lazy and have never been, but i hear it's great. also... and I hate to support NBC right now (i'm a pretty huge coco fan)... but the NBC studio tour is pretty cool. i've actually never done the official tour, but i've been to all the places it goes, and it's pretty neat. although... i don't know if it would be interesting for a canadian. do you get SNL there?

St. Patrick's cathedral is also over there, and no matter what you're faith (i, personally, have none), it's still pretty cool to check out.

but i also definitely recommend strolling down to the west village if you have a little time. it's really not far. you can just take the subway to 8th street... walk across washington sq park... which you really must see... and go over to 6th ave, check out christopher st and macdougal street. I highly recommend having coffee and a pastry at Caffe Reggio on macdougal street. it's an old beatnik hangout. really cool place.

http://www.cafereggio.com/Default.aspx

there's just too much to do!

if you'd like to catch a movie... i wouldn't be surprised if we ran into our friends from CO at a screening of "Breathless" at the best theatre in NYC... Film Forum

http://www.filmforum.org/films/breathless.html

of course, I'm such a dork, I go to movies when I visit other cities!

also... you have to go to central park. and you had more time the cloisters museum in fort tryon park is absolutely amazing. probably the prettiest place in the whole darned city.

and the Metropolitan art museum. must be seen.

that's all i have for now i think.
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:36 pm

but now that i'm reading your original post, you're looking for things that I do...

well.. I mean, I live here. so I go to bars and movies and shows. i have a lot of great little restaurants i go to all the time in my neighborhood, but you're not going to want to take the train out to queens to check some of those places out. i mean, it's not far at all... but you should check out manhattan.

OH! I just thought of something... on Monday, if it's nice outside, you should totally check out the Union Square Greenmarket. I go there all the time on Saturdays. That's totally a big thing locals do. Then you could walk over to the west village from there.

It's a lot of fun, great food, and a real sense (and taste) of local color.

http://www.grownyc.org/unionsquaregreenmarket
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:26 pm

PERFECT! ya gave me tons of ideas... i'm printing this out for my wife to go over - shes been buggin me about it! we'll have to go over where each thing is now and plan our route... i'd have to say i'm a movie-dork too - i often go to the theatres in new cities.. now that you mention it - i cant really say why... yeah I was a huge fan of SNL (back in the Dana Carvey, Damon Wayans, Martin Short, Eddie Murphy, Adam Sandler eras - i guess about 85 to 95... we get every station you do.. i think there's really only 2 or 3 that arent american actually. only difference is they show some commercials for local area that your in... so NBC has same shows but different commercials mixed in.. so a tour of the studio would be right up our alley.. we've actually already looked into seeing what shows are taped in nyc to see if we could go watch one live. we almost saw a Drew Carey show in LA quite a few years back.. wouldve been fun. but we couldna find anything in nyc. ah well
as i said - big THANKS Derek and hopefully we'll run into each other at the show!
Tony
(my tix are printed and in the mail now!)
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:38 pm

There's actually quite a few things that tape in NYC... the only problem is, is that it is hard to do that AND see Camera Obscura on Monday.

But if you'll be around on Tuesday.. there's always "The Daily Show", "Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon", "The Colbert Report", things of that nature. but I know if you went to any of those tapings on a Monday.. you probably wouldn't get out of there until about 7 or 7:30. They usually start taping around 5:30 - 6.

As far as sitcoms, even ones that currently shoot in NYC (of which I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are some), you'll be too late in the season for that any way. you'd have to go to a talk show taping.
Back to top Go down
inkling23

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:37 am

tonybolony wrote:
inkling23 wrote:

"Eighties Fan" was very impromptu and also the first time the new trumpet player ever played it! "Strangers" was possibly done live for the first time on this leg. I suspect this because Tracyanne pulled out a sheet of paper and said they were lyrics, and set it on the floor (before everyone knew what song they were for). They headlined last night. Tonight is either opening or co-headlining with YLT (I'm not going).
Back to top Go down
blurecu

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:23 am

Great interview here. Sell more records!

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/interviews/camera_obscura_2010/
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:26 am

Thanks for the interview link. I wonder how may records the band have sold, surely they make more from the gigs ? An what about all the commercial airplay for TAC's royalties - don't know how it works but I'm forever hearing CO in the most weirdest of places - commercials/background music in shows etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:25 am

ta for the interview they are a gang of cults indeed...........tracyanne is just bein a canny lass...she wants cash rollin in from all angles......i mean they can`t have built up much of a pension in their old jobs....and its not long before they will be thinkin bout that, i will put some coffeurs in your little silken purse..........the couple of songs played on gavin & stacey should mount up to £487.73p......
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
CristianisDaMan

CristianisDaMan

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Finally got to see this terrific band front row center in SF.

A bit of a dream come true.

Pics here.

https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com/your-first-forum-f1/camera-obscura-in-san-francisco-4-21-pics-included-t216.htm#2236
Back to top Go down
http://cristiangonzales.tumblr.com/
blurecu

PostSubject: NY show with strings!!   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:59 pm

Carey just post this tweet. wow!!

camera_obscura_: Oh this reminds me-I sort of forgot to announce that our forthcoming NY show is a special one with STRINGS. You'd better get tickets ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:05 pm

blurecu wrote:
Carey just post this tweet. wow!!

camera_obscura_: Oh this reminds me-I sort of forgot to announce that our forthcoming NY show is a special one with STRINGS. You'd better get tickets ASAP.

These bloody Yanks are being spoilt. Shocked

Throws rattle out of pram Embarassed

Your not connected iwth Gavin & Stacey are you G ? The wife loves that show, I hear her giggling from the other end of the house, and know its on tv.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

2010 Tour Dates
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next