camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2010 Tour Dates

Go down 
+11
snowdroplets
inkling23
Hogs
CristianisDaMan
graeme
blurecu
theboywho
derek
Pete
tonybolony
paul
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
paul

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi dudes and dudettes. Sorry I haven't been around, didn't forget about you, just was extremely busy with work and moving and helping other people move. It was a crazy year! But anyway, this huge news caused me to finally load up the old bookmark:

I'm literally shaking with giddy excitement as I type this. Camera Obscura is not only playing in Iowa this April, they're playing just 30 miles from my house. In a small bar. HOLY FRACK. Finally all those love tweets I send them have convinced a performance!

Not all of the new dates are on the official site, but the one I'm going to is listed on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=265540826576&index=1

LIFE IS GOOD.
Back to top Go down
paul

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:56 am

Just ordered my tickets for the Iowa City show. Got two tickets even though I have no one to bring at this point. Here's hoping I do by the time April 3 rolls around.

You think it'd be particularly presumptuous to bring along all of my EP's and LP's and expect the band to sign them? :) That's about a dozen different items...
At the very least, I have to bring along my Australia/Japan promo CD to get signed. Just to see them roll their eyes in disdain. :D
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:40 pm

i wish they were going to NY at least... Chicago is the closest an its too far on my modest budget Crying or Very sad
greedytony
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Kinda wonder if next year will be a touring year.....and recording later in the year.

I am really needing my CO fix at the mo, if they do a Uk tour, I'm seriously considering taking a kitbag around the country.

The Iowa gig sounds great, small, intimate affair, full on sound, lovely Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
derek

derek

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:24 pm

tonybolony wrote:
i wish they were going to NY at least... =

You know I'm still crossing my fingers for a NY show! I'm guessing they'll do at least 1 NYC gig this year... just judging from their twitter comments, and past touring history. For "Lloyd" they came to NYC on 4 separate occasions over the course of about a year and a half. So far for MMC, they've only been to NYC on 3 separate occasions over the course of about a year.

I've definitely been contemplating flying to one or two of these Spring US gigs (mostly looking at the Texas shows)... but I think I need to save my money.... because Belle & Sebastian are going to be touring this year!!! I have no idea to what extent... but if it is at all possible for me to see them this year.. I'm going. As much as I love, love, love CO... it's been 4 years since I've seen B&S and they are taking precedent in my concert budget this year.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:43 pm

paul wrote:
Just ordered my tickets for the Iowa City show. Got two tickets even though I have no one to bring at this point. Here's hoping I do by the time April 3 rolls around

i just read a twitter response from you i assume.. i'd go with ya if there wasnt 1400 kms (uh..900 miles) between me and there! i did look at making a nice mid-week trip to Chicago in April but the little lady is heading to the Caribbean with some friends for a much-needed retreat from kids (and i suspect husbands!) so it got back-benched... scratch
still still hoping for somethin later in the year thats a bit closer and maybe in a city i've not yet been to (like Chicago or NY)... ahh well..
Back to top Go down
paul

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:52 pm

tonybolony wrote:
paul wrote:
Just ordered my tickets for the Iowa City show. Got two tickets even though I have no one to bring at this point. Here's hoping I do by the time April 3 rolls around

i just read a twitter response from you i assume.. i'd go with ya if there wasnt 1400 kms (uh..900 miles) between me and there! i did look at making a nice mid-week trip to Chicago in April but the little lady is heading to the Caribbean with some friends for a much-needed retreat from kids (and i suspect husbands!) so it got back-benched... :scratch:
still still hoping for somethin later in the year thats a bit closer and maybe in a city i've not yet been to (like Chicago or NY)... ahh well..

Hahaha, yeah I got a pity tweet from the band. The only real-life friend I have who is a fan of the band is currently in Manchester (UK), so no dice from her. I'll find somebody, no worries. Even if I go alone, not a huge deal.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:34 pm

a new date posted as seen on twitter agin...
Quote :
camera_obscura_Announcement: We are playing a show alongside the amazing Grizzly Bear & Midlake in Cork, 25th June http://bit.ly/b8KLbW
Back to top Go down
theboywho

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:43 pm

the support:

www.myspace.com/signalemusik

kind regards
x.
Back to top Go down
blurecu

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:13 am

Photos from the show in Banbung Indonesia

http://deathrockstar.info/photos-from-camera-obscura-live-in-bandung-2010/
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:00 am

do i see Nigel in one of them pics? man, i'd like to see him play... maybe this year hopefully..
Back to top Go down
blurecu

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Photos from Indonesia   2010 Tour Dates EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:04 am

New photos on the website!

http://www.camera-obscura.net/photos/?set=72157623678786034
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:35 pm

cool pics - thanks for the heads up Blurecu!
Back to top Go down
blurecu

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Just noticed more U.S. dates posted for June:

http://www.myspace.com/cameraobscuraband

Jun 2 2010 8:00P Duke Gardens Durham, North Carolina
Jun 3 2010 8:00P The Orange Peel Asheville, North Carolina
Jun 4 2010 8:00P Fountain Square - Free Show Cincinnati, Ohio
Jun 5 2010 8:00P The National Richmond, Virginia
Jun 7 2010 8:00P Grand Ballroom New York

I'm excited to see them again (Asheville) but wonder if all the touring is going to
drive them insane. By June it will be at least 16 months in terms of promoting/touring for
MMC.

Last edited by blurecu on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:45 pm

YESS!! just saw this too... a NY date it is then - close to me b-day too! golly, how did they know?!!
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 8:05 pm

are they ever gonna come home??????????
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
paul

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:18 pm

graeme wrote:
are they ever gonna come home??????????

C said on twitter that she had a bunch more shows to post, and they'd be on the website. Cross your fingers...
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:22 am

jeez where is Derek - he's a NY boy aint he? he hasnt been heard from here in a bit... hope all is well and that i'll see him at the NY show... and he can work those charms agin and get an extra song er two!!
Back to top Go down
paul

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:33 pm

Five days til I see C/O live for the first time, and hopefully get to meet the gang. I'm literally tingling with giddiness!
Back to top Go down
paul

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:44 pm

paul wrote:
Five days til I see C/O live for the first time, and hopefully get to meet the gang. I'm literally tingling with giddiness!

On second thought, the tingling could be the three Americanos I've had today. Or a heart attack. Or my arm fell asleep. Some combination of those.
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:04 pm

tonybolony wrote:
jeez where is Derek - he's a NY boy aint he? he hasnt been heard from here in a bit... hope all is well and that i'll see him at the NY show... and he can work those charms agin and get an extra song er two!!

I'm here! (sorry, been a bit busy lately. and distracted with the current B&S news!)

That's awesome. You're going to go to the NYC gig? Well you know I'll be there with bells on! (not literally... don't hold me to that.)

I was definitely going to go to the Richmond show too. It's on a Saturday and not too bad of a drive for me. So I'll try and chat them up after the Richmond gig and see if they'll play an extra special gig for NYC! We'll need to get them to play "Forests and Sands" for our Canadian visitor.

The venue choice for NYC seems interesting. It's the Grand Ballroom at Manhattan Center. I've never been there before... but it's in the same building (actually directly above) as the Hammerstein Ballroom, which I gather is about twice as big as the Grand Ballroom. Hammerstein is the site of my first B&S gig.

Judging from pictures I've seen of the Grand Ballroom it looks perfect for CO. Really classy looking (with carpet, to boot!) and holds about 1500 people. There's even a U-Shaped balcony. Of course, I'll be front and center. The only thing that sucks is the location. It's basically right next to Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. Convenient if you're taking a commuter train to get there, but not if you want to have a beer or food before or after the gig. It's kind of a wasteland of cheesy, overpriced bars. But I'm sure I can find something acceptable.

Yeah!!! So friggen excited. I was really worried I wouldn't get to see Tracyanne and the gang this year. I had abandoned tentative plans to see them in Texas this month because I don't have enough money. This is amazing news.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:31 pm

yeaah - ticket presales for NY show today...
I've never been to NY (well not counting when i was 9 but what do ya remember from then?) so my wife and i decided to make a nice trip of it and see what we can see for as cheap as we can.. i know theres tons to see so its been fun so far looking stuff up... any suggestions Derek?? thanks for the tip about the bars and restos - where should we look then.. i think we're going for 2 nights so 3 days worth of good food! the last 2 times we went to see CO actually we ended up seeing them on the street (no...really we arent stalking! Wink dunno if they believed us) so i'd bet they wouldnt eat where ya speak of if they know the area at all... anyhow - cant wait to hit the "purchase" button despite my absolute adoration of ticketbasterd....
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:55 pm

hey Tony. It should be a great time of year to come to NY. Just before it gets really hot! Of course I'd have lots of suggestions for you. But my suggestion would be not to try to cram in as much as you can into 2-3 days. There's just waaaay too much to explore. You need to pick a couple of areas you'd like to focus on.

Obviously, as a "local", I'd stay steer as far away from Times Square as possible. But, I guess if you've never seen it, go check it out one night. But definitely go at night, if you want to see it. I honestly don't know what tourists do there all friggen day, as it's mostly just crappy chain restaurants and over-priced amusement-shops. Even the Toys 'r Us has a Ferris Wheel!

Is there anything in particular you are interested in? As far as the really touristy shit goes, Ellis Island is amazing. You take a ferry there from Battery Park... get views of Liberty Island as well (you can go to Liberty Island too, for extra $$$). Or if you'd like a little boat tour and don't want to spend any money... the Staten Island Ferry is really great, and it's free! You can just take it to Staten Island, turn around and come back. It's probably a little over an hour round trip and it passes right by the Statue of Liberty.

And I'd definitely recommend saving a little money for at least one "nice" meal. There's no greater place for food than New York... so you really want to go to a nice dinner. I really have no idea what kind of food you like, so I couldn't really tell you exactly what. I will say that if you like meat, you should at least get a pastrami sandwich somewhere. And by somewhere I mean, Katz's deli on Houston Street.

Anywho... awesome that you are coming to my fair city. I'd be happy to give a few suggestions. If there's any sort of cuisine that you're into, etc. Basically, I'm pretty up on places to eat, drink, see music and see movies. Too bad the Yankees are out of town that weekend! (They'll actually be in Toronto.) I always recommend seeing a Yankee game.

Well I think I'll be waiting until this weekend to get my tickets. I'm hoping I can buy mine at the box office and avoid the ticketbastard fees. Although I'm not sure if I can with this venue, even though Bowery Presents shows that are GA are usually available at the Mercury Lounge Box Office. I dunno. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:06 pm

still no liverpool date??????

even though james of harvest sun promotions fame(shacknetter) is still waiting on a call back.........
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:19 pm

thanks Derek - will prob do ellis island then and the ferry to staten! .. definitely want to see the statue and yea times square but i will go at night as you suggest.. we like all kinds of food but usually steer clear of spicy stuff.. like italian alot.. wifey likes her steaks Smile i'm into architecture as its what i do so have been trying to make a kindof map of where to walk... want to try the subway too. my wife loves waterfront stuff so is there a particular area to see some nice parks or boardwalky kind of things? i dunno - am i reaching too far? but wow thanks for the help Derek!
tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2010 Tour Dates Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tour Dates   2010 Tour Dates Empty

Back to top Go down

2010 Tour Dates
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next