camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

single of the day

Go down 
+15
johnfm
theboywho
paul
TracyanneLovesTheGers
Pete
Dr K
sixthofmay
tonybolony
derek
steven13
nick
somethinglikeant
clarky
bossanovacowboy
graeme
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
tonybolony

tonybolony

single of the day - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 2:51 am

oh an a surprisin bit about the Hermit Crabs that i dint know (but some of yous probably did) was that Lee played drums for 4 songs on their album, Saw You Dancing... not sure which ones yet or if he contributed on any of the 3 eps i see on their myspace... have only tracked down the album so far but i think i need to crack the wallet to pick these up... seen any deals (paul)? they are quite good...
bolony

edit: found this link to a corroboration with The Very Most who i know nothing about as of yet....
http://www.eardrumspop.com/mp3s/
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:08 am

tonybolony wrote:
oh an a surprisin bit about the Hermit Crabs that i dint know (but some of yous probably did) was that Lee played drums for 4 songs on their album, Saw You Dancing... not sure which ones yet or if he contributed on any of the 3 eps i see on their myspace... have only tracked down the album so far but i think i need to crack the wallet to pick these up... seen any deals (paul)? they are quite good...
bolony

edit: found this link to a corroboration with The Very Most who i know nothing about as of yet....
http://www.eardrumspop.com/mp3s/

Very surprisingly, I only could find the LP as well.
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:51 pm

Thought I should post this regardless,
but it's not actually an amazing performance by Spoon, they were much better on Conan a few months ago.

"Who Makes Your Money" is easily one of my favorite songs of theirs, but probably not the best choice for live television.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:04 pm

i know i mentioned this somewhere here... anyhow - Stars "take me to the riot"

Back to top Go down
johnfm

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:01 pm

I saw the text on the video, and thought there was a song titled "Take Me To The Riot-Stars". It sounds like a line in Dr. Who Smile
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:38 pm

Only listened to Teenage Fanclub for the first time today. Sorry if this one's already been posted:

Looks like I've got somebody new to fritter away my cash on.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:25 pm

welcome to the bandwagon(esque)!!
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 4:07 pm

i've been goin thru the list of Bowlie artists and these gals look to be alot of fun.. i like what i've heard so far

[edit: oh and the lead singer is Linnea Jönsson - the gal who is singing on the next GHTG single]
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:38 pm

return to send her-camera obscura

i`ve bin playin a b side comp all week..and this as many are fan dabby dozy..........
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 3:36 pm

tis a mellowy-sunny monday an i'm stuck in this dungeon agin... ahh but CO saves me yet again...
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:38 pm

beautiful..both visually and audibly............
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:52 pm

since we are on a ZVG kick right now...

my favorite song from the album

some amazing visual artistry going on in this video, going to swipe a few ideas...
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:12 pm

i'm pretty sure they've been on here already but i got an update on twitter about them at NPR...

here's the NPR show... will be rippin a copy later today and will post if anyone wants..
strangely, they played only 2 tunes from new(er) album - the other tracks are from suburban light... great album but i wonder why they chose these over some new(er) stuff..

oops link =
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126222813&ft=1&f=1039
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Oddly enough, somebody at BELLE & SEBASTIAN found this new Teenage Fanclub track and posted it to their Facebook page.
Doesn't sound like Fanclub has changed much in the last 5 odd years. :)

Back to top Go down
nick

nick

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:18 pm

tonybolony wrote:
i'm pretty sure they've been on here already but i got an update on twitter about them at NPR...

here's the NPR show... will be rippin a copy later today and will post if anyone wants..
strangely, they played only 2 tunes from new(er) album - the other tracks are from suburban light... great album but i wonder why they chose these over some new(er) stuff..

oops link =
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126222813&ft=1&f=1039

Thanks very much for posting... SUPERB band.. probably my favourite act on the planet right now actually..
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:39 pm

nick wrote:
Thanks very much for posting... SUPERB band.. probably my favourite act on the planet right now actually..
yeah they are quite good - i particularly liked this interview... he's very eloquent about describing the songs/the writing process.. makes the album just that much more interesting ..to hear it from a different perspective maybe..
sorry, but i had to laugh when the host introduced them as the Cl-EE-ntiele.. i guess my accent/pronunciation is off from those in Philadelphia.. makes me wonder how is it pronounced in UK??
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:55 pm

its EEE here not EYE..........
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:24 pm

graeme wrote:
rEYElly?? i dEYEdnt know thEYEt! too funnEYE..
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:14 pm

tonybolony wrote:
graeme wrote:
rEYElly?? i dEYEdnt know thEYEt! too funnEYE..

i've never heard CLEEE-en-TELLL but once in awhile hear CLEYE-en-TEEEL.
kudos to them for picking a name that can be pronounced half a dozen ways.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:11 pm

love the harmony beach-boyish tune of this one...
the Bank Holidays - "Tread Easy"

this vid was pretty interstin too but maybe not as strong a tune..
"Consolation Prize" by The Bank Holidays here = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HMUpiKN44U

...my personal favourite song of thers is one on one of those mixes by bossanova called "folded in half" but couldna find a youtube.. great ba ba ba's in it!! Smile
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 4:41 pm

havin a somewhat "heavenly" morning so far...
here's one that may already be posted but can't seem to see it so...

i do enjoy most of the groups/projects that Amelia Fletcher is part of Heavenly, Talulah Gosh, Marine Research, the Pooh Sticks and the most recent, Tender Trap - she's got a great "twee" voice.. but her bands seem sadly overlooked often - maybe its cause they are practically the same band... just change the name anytime someone joins/leaves the group..
anyone see any of these live? curious as to how they perform.. and youtube is sparse as well..
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:54 pm

tender trap have a new album out in june incidentally and altho i dont collect vinyl, i sure do love the album art this guy did...
single of the day - Page 7 4478383665_61d4d93eb4
found on this blog right at the bottom...
http://honeyisfunny.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:48 pm

Quote :
Carey just post this tweet. wow!!

camera_obscura_: Oh this reminds me-I sort of forgot to announce that our forthcoming NY show is a special one with STRINGS. You'd better get tickets ASAP.

been listenin to some "older" tunes and trying to guess (or hope) what may be played in NYC... wouldn't mind hearing this gem

..its got some lovely strings throughout!
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Don't know if I've posted Mirah before, but here's a good one from her debut album, You Think It's Like This But It's Really Like This, which is the only album of her's I like. And I like it a lot, even paid $35 to get the OOP vinyl. Yeah I am a sucker for lo-fi ukulele driven jazz sung by sexy voices. Anyway I found this cute stop-frame animation somebody did on YouTube to the first track on the album

It's not a difficult album to find if you like this track. It's on Pandora, Spotify, iTunes [ick!], Amazon, physically at most music stores, and fairly cheap too, if you're happy with digital of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: single of the day   single of the day - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

single of the day
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next