camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

They Shoot Music: Camera Obscura

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
paul

PostSubject: They Shoot Music: Camera Obscura   Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:44 am

Acoustic French Navy, Honey In The Sun, and some interviewing. Cool photographs, a very esoteric type of video production. Look at that, they're playing Honey In The Sun outside next to some body of water.

http://theyshootmusic.at/posts/camera_obscura
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sixthofmay

PostSubject: Re: They Shoot Music: Camera Obscura   Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:13 am

That was awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rateyourmusic.com/list/sixthofmay/brads_rock___indie___dr
TracyanneLovesTheGers

PostSubject: Re: They Shoot Music: Camera Obscura   Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:27 pm

A great couple of clips there (love the train in the middle eight!) ... there have been quite a few good video performances seen online this year (Pitchfork, the Route du Rock acoustic set) but I wonder if we will ever see these in broadcast quality (i.e. on a DVD). Clearly they are shot on pro equipment but no matter how good your broadband or computer set up you are always getting a lo-band version of it - and usually in a streaming format you can't save!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: They Shoot Music: Camera Obscura   Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:57 pm

i agree.. this stuff has been great and, to take it further, i think some of the other bbc shows and public radio sessions they did in the states over the past few years has been amazin - those mustve been pro recorded too... love ta get my greedy little hands on any of those masters! Very Happy `an can never forget the Peel sessions...
tony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TracyanneLovesTheGers

PostSubject: Re: They Shoot Music: Camera Obscura   Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:41 pm

Peel sessions and things like that I don't worry about too much - BBC radio material will be properly archived (he said confidently!) but it is the web operations and so on that worry me. In even 2 years time will someone be able to get hold of a Betacam SP or Digibeta master of some of these 'filmed' sessions from a web magazine outfit or WKRP Redneck Cincinatti?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They Shoot Music: Camera Obscura   Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:44 am

to be honest its not worth tryin,i was nearly willin to put the man hours in to turn the youtube`s into one big film,i think blair young will have loads of early stuff...but as you say these filmed nick harcourts and stuff...they can be captured but they would pixelate as a dvd..they will play as/on any mpg4 machine,but really there can be overkill..i have so many things i get worked up about gettin an never convert or watch(for example two recent sufjan stevens filmed concerts)....

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
Pete

PostSubject: Re: They Shoot Music: Camera Obscura   Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:20 pm

TracyanneLovesTheGers wrote:
A great couple of clips there (love the train in the middle eight!) ... there have been quite a few good video performances seen online this year (Pitchfork, the Route du Rock acoustic set) but I wonder if we will ever see these in broadcast quality (i.e. on a DVD). Clearly they are shot on pro equipment but no matter how good your broadband or computer set up you are always getting a lo-band version of it - and usually in a streaming format you can't save!

These shakey egg things will be all the rage soon Razz

I kinda worry that links will go dead at some stage - really wanted to get this stuff copied and archived for the future - there is seemingly a way to do it - something about saving temp files - a DVD would be ace to be honest -I wonder how many fans there really are that could make this commercially viable - but all these outtakes have been ace and for obessives like me and the Bolony Wink maybe something to sort out during the festive period Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: They Shoot Music: Camera Obscura   Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:13 am

The quality was so bad on this stream I didn't even attempt to copy it. I've still got all the Pitchfork vids though. Pretty sure I'm not allowed legally to repost those publicly, but am gonna do it anyway for the new site and just let them send me a cease & desist if they really care. I'll take it down if they ask...but not until then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They Shoot Music: Camera Obscura   

Back to top Go down

They Shoot Music: Camera Obscura
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1