camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

God Help The Girl: Parental Advisory??? LOL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
paul

PostSubject: Re: God Help The Girl: Parental Advisory??? LOL   Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:42 pm

Ok, after listening to GTHG in the car today three times in a row, specifically looking for explicit content, the worst I can find is on "Musician, Please Take Heed" where Eve mentions herself taking hallucinogens. That's it. One tiny drug reference that's buried in the chorus. GMAFB!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: God Help The Girl: Parental Advisory??? LOL   Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:18 am

and obviously the word"god"can be demeed a bit violent and sexual in the bible belt..altogether

"i just believe in me,yoko and me,
thats reality"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
derek

PostSubject: Re: God Help The Girl: Parental Advisory??? LOL   Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:19 pm

my copy doesn't have it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul

PostSubject: Re: God Help The Girl: Parental Advisory??? LOL   Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:13 pm

derek wrote:
my copy doesn't have it.

I think this is a new thing. Because I remember back in June I saw GHTG at the same outlet and it had no such warning, but I confirmed it does when I visited the physical store yesterday. Bizarrrrre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: God Help The Girl: Parental Advisory??? LOL   Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:09 pm

who knows - maybe its a marketing scheme to get punk kids to listen to GOOD music!! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: God Help The Girl: Parental Advisory??? LOL   Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:19 am

i think i may hav solved this ol' riddle... buying the LP and looking for Stills EP has renewed my interest in this project and i got to reading the liner notes again and i think the "warning" may be because of the blurb about the future film "Eve, an Introduction"... in it, a man "asked her for a fuck" and later "she didn't...give a shit". maybe those ol' censory folk dint like theses too much?? so they slap a silly ol label on a great album with G-rated songs on er... ah well.. an the copy i jus bought as a gift from amazon.ca didnt have the sticker..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God Help The Girl: Parental Advisory??? LOL   

Back to top Go down

God Help The Girl: Parental Advisory??? LOL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1