camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

No surprises in my record collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr K

PostSubject: No surprises in my record collection   Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:35 am

As a graduate of the Smiths generation, there is no shortage of intelligent, literate Scottish indie in my record collection:

Orange Juice; Aztec Camera; Lloyd Cole; Cocteau Twins; Jesus & Mary Chain; Teenage Fanclub; Belle and Sebastian; Mull Historical Society; Franz Ferdinand, et al. With Camera Obscura at the top of this illustrious pile. Hell, there is even some Altered Images. Ms. Grogan establishing the line of attractive Scottish females leading to Ms. Campbell (have you seen the grown up Clare in Father Ted?)

Anyway the point is I seem to have missed out on The Delgados. They tick all the boxes: intelligent; melancholy; indie pop; female singer; fans of the Tour de France. Their album 'The Great Eastern' has featured in a few listings of best albums of the last decade. Indeed Emma Pollock (ex Delgados) was a special guest at the recent Glasgow Barrowlands show.

Any views from Camera Obscura fans most welcome. What Delgados albums would you recommend?

Dr K (celtic but not scottish)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steven13

PostSubject: Re: No surprises in my record collection   Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:34 pm

My 2 favourite albums by The Delgado's are The Great Easter and Peloton
Back to top Go down
View user profile

No surprises in my record collection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1