camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

CO Ipod doesn't Lie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete

PostSubject: CO Ipod doesn't Lie   Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi Gang

Just catching up - hope your all well ?

Just been sorting my Itune out and realised the Ipod count doesn't lie Very Happy

41 You Told a Lie
39 Forest & Sands
38 Careless Love
36 Swans
35 My Maudlin Career
24 Away with Murder
21 Sweetest Thing
11 Other Towns & Cities
5 James

Surprised its been all the new album cos all the old stuffs been spinning, but this what my Ipod had under recently played Cool

Pete xx.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: CO Ipod doesn't Lie   Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:02 am

nice! my itunes does the same an its way up there as well... only 5 turns for James tho?? the last 3 people i introduced CO to said it was their (first impression) fave song. its my wife's all-time favourite CO song
tony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul

PostSubject: Re: CO Ipod doesn't Lie   Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:56 pm

I'm not really a huge James fan either. Maybe cause my brother is named James. I don't know, I just don't like it a great deal.

This is my history of music listening for the past 3 months while at work or home. Not including vinyls, car or smartphone: http://www.last.fm/user/mrbnatural

"Anti-western" appears to be my most played Camera Obscura track, with 12 plays since Aug 15. I haven't listened to CO a lot this fall, been on a B&S kick and they have a catalog nearly twice the size. Hence, "If She Wants Me" ranks top at 22 plays. I rarely, rarely, rarely EVER play songs by themselves or in a mix, so that actually that actually means I've played the entire Dear Catastrophe Waitress album 22 times. (Except "Piazza, New York Catcher", I always skip that one.)

If you included my CD player, turntable, and blackberry, I think all these stats would be tripled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: CO Ipod doesn't Lie   Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Never been a big fan of B&S - always thought it was bit flimsy, floppy ..... "twee"

However, since Gra posted about God Help the Girl, I've been playing Funny Little Frog non stop. Tune is totally transformed and now a great admirer of Stuart Murdoch. But god thats a great tune, and its been in my head for weeks...

James - my girl loves it, she's not as obsessed by CO as me, but always goes on about this one...I like it, just not so high up the list

Nice to hear from you guys again, had a few issues at home, so havn't had the chance to be here. Hope your all good..."this fall", so U S of A !! how cool Cool

Pete xx.

Btw - that would work out my ideal setlist, then straight into HITHS, HL, Books, and all the old gems Very Happy
Back to top Go down
derek

PostSubject: Re: CO Ipod doesn't Lie   Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:08 pm

Pete wrote:
Never been a big fan of B&S - always thought it was bit flimsy, floppy ..... "twee" Very Happy

Blasphemy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CO Ipod doesn't Lie   Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:11 pm

hiya gang......god help the girl replaced my constant playing of maudlin,i played it non stop from july until october,it just sat in me cd player as these things do with me....then recently replaced by maudlin again for a while...now in the slot is the b&s christmas album...a collection of the bands favourite chrimbo tracks....g,h,t,g became a favourite on our trip to newquay cornwall,my boys (15&11)singing along to every track...i`ve probably mentioned here a few times that i knew camera obscura before bele & sebastian and i`ve grown to love both dearly......quite a do gettin things like push barman on triple vinyl,and the like,dear catastrophe was the hardest to get oddly..until it was reissued on 180g...i got push barman brand new for 14 quid,a bargain...anyways...........glad to se your still around paul............
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
derek

PostSubject: Re: CO Ipod doesn't Lie   Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:14 pm

graeme wrote:
hiya gang......god help the girl replaced my constant playing of maudlin,i played it non stop from july until october,it just sat in me cd player as these things do with me....then recently replaced by maudlin again for a while...now in the slot is the b&s christmas album...a collection of the bands favourite chrimbo tracks....g,h,t,g became a favourite on our trip to newquay cornwall,my boys (15&11)singing along to every track...i`ve probably mentioned here a few times that i knew camera obscura before bele & sebastian and i`ve grown to love both dearly......quite a do gettin things like push barman on triple vinyl,and the like,dear catastrophe was the hardest to get oddly..until it was reissued on 180g...i got push barman brand new for 14 quid,a bargain...anyways...........glad to se your still around paul............

what did you think of "stills"? pretty great stuff....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CO Ipod doesn't Lie   Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:12 am

stills is fantastic,in fact i was spinning it last night,i wrote to stuart about my concers of a couple of things regarding the god help the girl project,or more to the point the subscription of £48...but this 10" alone,would probably stand the fee...and the fact he says it will not be issued as anything other than a one off 10" is music to my ears,as a kind of collector of vinyl(err not obsessive i aint got the cash)...........
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: CO Ipod doesn't Lie   Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:57 pm

graeme wrote:
glad to se your still around paul............

Yeah I'm still around---ish. Things have been bloody crazy on the internet front because World Party is releasing a new album soon and so I've been frantically putting together a new KarlWallinger.net, while also ripping/uploading a 100+ catalog of live bootlegs the fans have collected over the years. Some are on cassette tape. Oi. At least there's no DAT's, I don't have the cash to buy a DAT player.

When I'm done though (with the website stuff, not the bootlegs), I'll have a new software suite to build Allthefriends on top of. Wordpress just didn't do what I wanted it to. And what I want it to do is basically all the stuff www.belleandsebastian.it does. Looks like they built their site on Joomla. But I've used Joomla before and hate it, so since I've got to build a new site for KW/WP, might as well double-duty it and make the software work for us too.

Interesting stuff about GHTG. I completely missed out on the subscription thing. I can't even get in on it late. I hope that when the series is over, Stuart puts out a box set or something. We seem to love box sets here don't we?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steven13

PostSubject: Re: CO Ipod doesn't Lie   Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:31 am

I have my Mac hooked up to my stereo and my iPhone also scrobbles any tracks after I sync it with iTunes so the count I have with LastFM which I joined in March this year is illuminating as it counts everything I play apart from vinyl.

http://www.last.fm/user/steven13hunter1

Maybe I'm a little in love with the music but basically I've played Obscura 2392 times since joining. My favourite song seems to be Let Get Out Of This Country which I've played 140 times since March.

Steven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul

PostSubject: Re: CO Ipod doesn't Lie   Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Quote :
Your musical compatibility with steven13hunter1 is Very High

LOL. I love Last.FM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: CO Ipod doesn't Lie   Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:30 pm

derek wrote:
Pete wrote:
Never been a big fan of B&S - always thought it was bit flimsy, floppy ..... "twee" Very Happy

Blasphemy.

No offence Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CO Ipod doesn't Lie   

Back to top Go down

CO Ipod doesn't Lie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1