camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

come friendly bombs-morecombe library

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
graeme
Admin
graeme

come friendly bombs-morecombe library Empty
PostSubject: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:11 pm

this is a quick overview from a mail this morn,from mark............i had intended to get to this,with me two lads....money,erm stopped me....

Good Day Graeme

Got to Morecombe at 6pm – seaside town depress me ay the best of times Morecombe was no exception, not much to do or places to go. Went to the newly re- furbished Midland Hotel (art deco) to kill time – then we tried to find the gig, Morecombe library we asked people??? Only to be told don’t know! – We finally stumbled across a 1960s typical library single story build – I spot a few people inside – I ask are Camera Obscura playing here Tonite?? The guy grins and replies yes – this is a strange venue – snacks and drinks on display like a tuck shop – we return 1 hour later to find the place full of a mixed crowd of punters – band arrive on stage at 9.15 open with Maudlin Career – Tracey Anne looks very serious and uncomftable and to me just going through the motions – but at the same time im lovin it – same set as Paris but encore- books written for girls – razzle dazzle

get yaself on board,mark.............ta..the band do appear to be on auto pilot at times,not detracting from the show cos it always joyous...........it must be exhausting like...

other towns & cities
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
matty75

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:25 pm

I often debate with meself over this, as much as the songs must mean to a band (and the writer) there must be a point where there is a resentment/boredom of churning the same songs out night after night. It must turn into a routine, a job, going into autopilot....how tempted are the band just to tear the set list apart, piss off the label etc and just blast out a load of their favourite tunes/cover versions etc, bit of Rod Stewart or whatever.....the band members are music fans after all and like all music fans get a buzz out of playing their favorite tunes and having a laugh......Its certainly been a long year for them in terms of dates, countries, venues
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:19 pm

matty75 wrote:
I often debate with meself over this, as much as the songs must mean to a band (and the writer) there must be a point where there is a resentment/boredom of churning the same songs out night after night. It must turn into a routine, a job, going into autopilot....how tempted are the band just to tear the set list apart, piss off the label etc and just blast out a load of their favourite tunes/cover versions etc, bit of Rod Stewart or whatever.....the band members are music fans after all and like all music fans get a buzz out of playing their favorite tunes and having a laugh......Its certainly been a long year for them in terms of dates, countries, venues

a CO Rod Stewart cover would be amazing! I loved the B&S cover of "Baby Jane" a few years back.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:13 pm

i hafta agree with you - Rod Stewart would make a fine cover... there was that campervan acoustic cover of Some Guys Have All the Luck but as far as i know its the only time they did it... hell, i dont even like ol' Rod! a little mishap when i was 16 and finally allowed to drive - parents radio was busted and Rod's 8 greatest hits was stuck in the tape player... if i ever hear it again....too soon! tongue ...that being said, now that i'm old and startin to grey, i can appreciate the charm of some of the songs ... particularly when CO is playin em!
tony
Back to top Go down
matty75

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:02 am

Theres summat on you tube of them doing some guys have all the luck....I think....being a complete technicla dunce woundn't know how to post it on here.
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:19 am

i hav a small pile of live sessions - most ripped directly from internet streams but a few were acquired thru other sites (mentioned on the "Site Suggestions" topic)... if any wants em just let me know and i'll repost (i checked - the old links are dead)... here's the list....
http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/Jepla1yHWwGC56NITWfjjQ?feat=directlink
tony
ohp, i gotta update the list i see...few more on end and even a coupla older ones...
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:22 am

matty,i`ll put "some guys" up here..its only summit like 30mb....its the day i made tracyanne laugh with my version of"if you want my body and you think i`m sexy" at the very end of the clip you see her enjoyin my version?? ..she summond me to the stage,i declined......its my be quick our you`ll miss me moment.....i have some live stuff on my arl hard drive...me pc packed up but hopefully one day i can access it again......
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:36 am

thats a great list of stuff...musta missed that before...nice one
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:38 am

graeme wrote:
...its the day i made tracyanne laugh with my version of"if you want my body and you think i`m sexy" at the very end of the clip you see her enjoyin my version?? ..she summond me to the stage,i declined.....
REALLY?? man, i'd hop up on stage jus to be next to her! haha - dont tell my wife (she already suspects!! Suspect)... you are joking right? well, i'll be checkin that vid clip agin...
oh and im still waiting to see a pic of ya dressed up to the nighs that you mentioned when ya went to the last show... maybe we could all start a CO version of the "red hat society" when goin to shows! afro
Back to top Go down
matty75

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 12:13 pm

Tony it is Graeme.

Just noticed your proifle - Kingston Ontario - its a grat town. Stayed a couple of nights there in 2005 when driving from New York to Toronto - its a big college town, good music scene, nice bars and places to hang out....good memories. Is there some form of music/jazz festival that runs from Kingston (or am I going mad??)
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:08 pm

yeah, Kingston is a pretty unique town - lotsa Colleges (3) and lotsa prisons (at least 4 if ya count outlying)... very transient for only 120K people.. there are tons of festivals in this town (and triathlons & sailing regattas) and i think.... just googled and found it here... http://kingstonjazz.ca/jazz-festival-2009/
I'm not a huge jazz fan but i do like to go out for live music and pints regardless of music genre so I've seen a few shows. so are you in NY matty? coming to the CO show in Toronto??
tony

will be watchin that vid again to see you Graeme! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:06 pm

you dont see me,just the don`t blink or you`ll miss it,interaction...erm mattys from liverpool..............
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 5:02 pm

an..here's the link to the campervan session - whole show and the 3 individ tracks in mp3 format...
08-08-29 acoustic campervan session.rar - 33.23MB
tony

'sigh' - aint nobody on here from the Great White North?? lonely fan out here... the shows always sell out so there must be at least one lurker from at least the northern states...
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 5:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MntvMGoklh8

here`s a girl from the nothern states..if you dont know this song...treat yaself to it...its brilliant.........
Back to top Go down
matty75

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:56 am

tonybolony wrote:
yeah, Kingston is a pretty unique town - lotsa Colleges (3) and lotsa prisons (at least 4 if ya count outlying)... very transient for only 120K people.. there are tons of festivals in this town (and triathlons & sailing regattas) and i think.... just googled and found it here... http://kingstonjazz.ca/jazz-festival-2009/
I'm not a huge jazz fan but i do like to go out for live music and pints regardless of music genre so I've seen a few shows. so are you in NY matty? coming to the CO show in Toronto??
tony

will be watchin that vid again to see you Graeme! Very Happy

Tony no I'm not a New Yorker - we were on Holiday over in North America.

I'm based in the UK (need to update my profile).
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:18 am

'sigh' - aint nobody on here from the Great White North?? lonely fan out here... the shows always sell out so there must be at least one lurker from at least the northern states...

sounds like he`s talkin bout micheal micvee....come back micheal.........
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:52 am

graeme wrote:
sounds like he`s talkin bout micheal micvee....come back micheal.........

huh? had to google him... only see a fella on shacknet...
bolony
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:54 am

he is/was the business micvee....but sadly seems to have gone..........
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:06 am

ah - was a record label then.. see the site..um i think... "_type" - even see a twitter account.. hm
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:09 am

he probably is on twitter....he aint a label...he saw things in black and white monochrome,enjoyed walks that involved leaves on branches....he fell in and out of love,he tought english...his favourite novel ulysees by irish bloke james joyce............he lived in buffalo...good guy

Last edited by graeme on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:10 am

oh an i googled that cover of Rod Stewart and saw the interaction btw... but yer right, neether vid shows you - just TAC gesturin on stage.. Smile
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:58 pm

tonybolony wrote:
i hav a small pile of live sessions - most ripped directly from internet streams but a few were acquired thru other sites (mentioned on the "Site Suggestions" topic)... if any wants em just let me know and i'll repost (i checked - the old links are dead)... here's the list....
http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/Jepla1yHWwGC56NITWfjjQ?feat=directlink
tony
ohp, i gotta update the list i see...few more on end and even a coupla older ones...

i notice ive got the mergefest 30/07/04...me birthday
live 2002 spanish radio...prob fib02

up to now.....you might have them...they are on me external hard drive
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 11:01 am

graeme wrote:
i notice ive got the mergefest 30/07/04...me birthday
live 2002 spanish radio...prob fib02...

nah - pretty sure i have nothing from 02 other than peel..and i dont recall having any of the mergefests eether...would appreciate the upload Gra! thanks
tony
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:43 am

i`ll upload later tony..............
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:34 pm

graeme wrote:
i`ll upload later tony..............
as me kids say.."when's later daddy-o?"
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: come friendly bombs-morecombe library   come friendly bombs-morecombe library Empty

Back to top Go down

come friendly bombs-morecombe library
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
camera obscura :: Camera Obscura-
Jump to: