camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what she once meant to me...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tonybolony

tonybolony

what she once meant to me... Empty
PostSubject: what she once meant to me...   what she once meant to me... EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:44 am

quietwar wrote:
Their newest album has helped me immensely survive a heartbreak of three years. In a way this band, their music, has given me my voice back.

thanks for that quitewar... and welcome ta the forum!
been meaning to start a topic on what the songs mean for us. TAC is always sidesteppin interviews when they ask what the song means because it can mean different things for different people... i too was introduced to CO through a coworker at an absolute shite job. was super-stressed out and dreaded practically every day - then i was handed a copy of BBHF and Underachievers and it got me thru the day till i found other employment (got 3 kids to support). the music was exactly what i needed with lyrics that were somewhat sad and music that was uplifting.. great combo.. now thinking back what do the songs mean to me?
i cant help but feel that Come Back Margaret is about my grandma... when i read that Margaret is Traceyanne's Grandma (not sure if true), it made it more so altho it wouldnt have mattered if i never knew that tidbit.
James is another that shouts to me.. about a dear friend that has passed. i think we all have experienced that kind of loss but i this song (to me) speaks of a loss of a someone you love deeply that could never have been but you still are filled with regrets, maybe..

anyhow - wow too deep for tuesday morn!! thought the topic would be great to hear others takes on their vast list of songs and cover choices...
tony monkey
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: what she once meant to me...   what she once meant to me... EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:06 pm

comeback margret is about tracyanne`s nan............

erm what the songs mean,tricky...i mean who can`t identify with say the line"i feel lost,i got lost*"

*she would sing that live,the tone,the intonation,from the heart..well it can`t fail to miss i suppose can it?

we all feel a little alone at times,mournful,sad,melancholic...or whatever....but there is an element,for me anyways that i enjoy sometimes feeling that way(paris match-t.s.c) my record collection to a degree is my defence,its where i go to seek solidity for my emmotions....it can enhance,cement or just help...its chosen carefully...not everythin i listen to has this bent,but a lot has,the smiths,leonard cohen,camera obscura,the list i suppose is endless...i do enjoy this kind of music,especially when you have no-one to love...even at this tender age......walkin the autumn,kickin up the leaves,its then you realise,bein alone or on your own,is fine,its beautiful.....anyways,erm enough.."don`t feel bad for me,i want you to know"

sorrows native son.............
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: what she once meant to me...   what she once meant to me... EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 2:26 pm

ahh,okay this`ll do..erm last night i wern`t feelin to bright for one reason and another...i grabbed a couple albums out,one of which was coles corner-richard hawley...i played both sides three times over,i hadn`t heard it for a while...it was the start of changing my mood,pretty much in line with what i had written above....bout 9.40 pm a friend came by to see if i were okay...i was and am.........there`s a few friendly scratches in the album now.....its has so many contrasting styles for me,eric sartie,hank williams,frank sinatra...a lot of my friends are hawley fans...unfortunately the new vinyl i`m told is over £25 or summit....
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what she once meant to me...   what she once meant to me... Empty

Back to top Go down

what she once meant to me...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
camera obscura :: Camera Obscura-
Jump to: