camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

camera obscura 2003 fib

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: camera obscura 2003 fib   Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:58 pm

a young coupla girls both aged 16 in 2003 fib their whole lives ahead of them..*

rightyo,erm i really hope i`m not treadin on any toes here....but i`ve decided to put this show up on here....erm you can`t buy it offa anyone,well there was some folk tryin to sell it as a dvd//this is a small wmv file.....it will pixelate if ever anyone trys to make a dvd out of it.....i`ve sorta held back on this....but it is a fantastic film of for us monumental proportion,a lot of songs played here,there is a chance they wont be played again....as i said it dont belong to me,so i hope it don`t upset anyone...if it does then i`m sorry......if it dont(and there`s no reason really for it to)enjoy......i`m sure you will........

*who would guessed 6 years on,both professional musicians..........would be in the prime of their lives

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8oqpqz

it`ll take a while to download...its about 45 minutes long as a film...ta
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
Pete

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:03 pm

downloading now - very interested - as we say in Scotland

I cannea wait - cheers mate !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:24 pm

graeme wrote:

a young coupla girls both aged 16 in 2003 fib their whole lives ahead of them..*

Wtf.....
They're only 22 now? That makes them exactly my age. I don't believe you. Doesn't that make Tracyanne, like, 12.... when BBHF was recorded (1999)? Yeah that is not the voice of a girl pre-puberty.

Don't get me wrong, both the girls today look like they could still be 16, but the timing just doesn't work out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:05 pm

i was flatterin them obviously...i know how to win over a lady........you should never ask a young woman her age...but there has bin a little discussion about tracyanne`s age....is arthur negus still goin??whatever it is,she`s a little belter........as for you,get to bed lad,only 22???you shouldn`t be up this late??
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:16 pm

graeme wrote:
i was flatterin them obviously...i know how to win over a lady........you should never ask a young woman her age...but there has bin a little discussion about tracyanne`s age....is arthur negus still goin??whatever it is,she`s a little belter........as for you,get to bed lad,only 22???you shouldn`t be up this late??

remember, i'm american. it's a quarter past 6 here. my bedtime aint for another hour yet. lol
yeah she is a belter alright. i think i've compared her to joni mitchell before. wayyyyy pro, that girl. fantastic range, amazing ear for pitch control, always on key- even when you can tell she's dead nervous. and of course, quite a purdy little face for that sound to come out of. but sorry tracyanne, i'm in love with carey, not you. ;)

people and society make such a big deal about how many days you've physically been on this earth. to me you're as old or as young as you act. our actual ages simply serve as a sad reflection of our mortality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:10 am

Paul...if you were season ? you would be in bloom. Cool

Trace would be about 33, according to the girls I was with....

and I'll put in a word for you with Carey....she's 83, looks great

but somebody is taking the piss here ? Very Happy

G ?
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:25 am

fantastic! thanks Graeme - i hav been looking for this and oddly never thought to ask here...??
and holamola - ya had me doing a double take about the ages... almost young enough to be my daughter! na quite but sure had me wondering what the hell's in the water over there!!
tony
also - don't normally like the ol short hair on ladies but it suits both their faces quite nicely..could be that i'm just biased...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hogs

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:07 am

That's fantastic! Thanks for posting this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://baconismyantidrug.com
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:56 pm

watched this tonight,i think its fantastic....although i really don`t know how the band would view it....the problem with tracyanne`s guitar in the monitor,etc,john bein in the band....if you compare it to fib07,which i watched after this....its a world apart...the band are really up for the show...all smiles,particulary tracyanne......i must put it up at some stage,just to show the two sides of the travellin band.......its seems that about this time was the start of a kinda snowball effect............
Back to top Go down
Pete

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:32 pm

can we have 2007 then ? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:39 am

its 328 mb..but of course you can...when i find a way..its off television so it should be okay..i wont post up lleida 2006 because i know the band arn`t happy with it bein filmed*

*although the two blokes who filmed it said they had permition before hand...............
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:10 pm

here ya go then,fib07...ta

http://www.transferbigfiles.com/Get.aspx?id=f6f4fff4-4e15-4572-9f2a-deb64b8adc17
Back to top Go down
steven13

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:59 am

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for the 2003 show it's great to hear the duets between Tracyanne and John. Much appreciated.

Steven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:16 am

yeah,steven even though kenny has a warble these days...i know a few of my friends miss the "lee & nancy"style of camera obscura from the early days....obviously since the film they have gotten to be more professional(the difference of the 4 years betweEN 03-07)they also seem more comfortable up there...not all the time though...but there is a charm about that early performance...which the fans but probably not the band can apprieciate...........i love it meself,and i am a fan of the band........
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:42 pm

y'know - i've heard that before...bout them not liking the Fib 2006 show.. any idea why? did they not like their performance? or just that it was filmed? as an (obsessive) fan, my curiosity is nearly keeling me over! jus wonderin an all... believe it or not i do wanna respect the wishes of the band (or whoever..).. but a bad show of CO is still better than a good one of a buncha others!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:39 pm

tonybolony wrote:
y'know - i've heard that before...bout them not liking the Fib 2006 show.. any idea why? did they not like their performance? or just that it was filmed? as an (obsessive) fan, my curiosity is nearly keeling me over! jus wonderin an all... believe it or not i do wanna respect the wishes of the band (or whoever..).. but a bad show of CO is still better than a good one of a buncha others!!

I've got the DVD. (torrent'd) It's a good performance by the whole band, but tracyanne seems incredibly nervous during it. My guess it's one of those she was throwing up during rehearsal...
If that doesn't taint your opinion of a show, I don't know what else could. Probably brings her bad memories or something... :/
Of course I'm completely postulating all of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:22 am

my opinion is that they decided it would be a good show to film,with elefant mob bein there and they have a decent fan base...i mean its full on,two cam..you can`t hide these things..........but i think after they thought it a deflated show,they were obviously tired,which they are a lot of the time.........last night tweedy got really annoyed at people filmin,at one point stoppin the show to point out someone behind me..and gettin the bouncers to stop him/her........i find it surprisin that he would be bothered,although he doesn`t look well,worse than normal..............i mean they shoulda learnt with yhf,that some fan things are hard to stop.....and draw a line under fan activity and just weigh off against bottom line sales...if youve never seen the film"i am trying to break your heart"...its a must wether you like wilco or not

r.i.p jay bennett
Back to top Go down
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:55 am

that seems to be the prob with jeff - he has such a history of chemical abuse... too bad..still miss the combo of him and Bennet - hell, i loved him and farrar on uncle tupelo.. but his shows - once he was really drunk and werent too good a performance..ah well what can ya expect i guess..
but how was the Clientele? never seen them yet but do like the 3 albums i hav... and what sort of setlist they play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:25 pm

the clientele were the best i`ve seen them...alasdair started up with"you might recognise us from our support slot with the fleet foxes,or you may not"

the clientele are a shacknet favourite band,the people on the site an the know their music,love the clientele...i have their first 3 albums purely on the strength of recommendation..i do not have the last two,although they are probably lauded more than the first three(god save the clientele-bonfires on the heath) alisdair is a fan of the pale fountains/shack......as well,the last time i saw them was at atp i think,they started of with a big star cover,what could be better?but they are conscious of sounding bland and samey live i think....and live they haven`t done it for me,when the played london with camera obscura..much debate went on...alisdair has a great individualistic guitar playin style...i do like their albums...they started last night with their big favourite song"since k got over me"it sounded great..the crowd which was quite small at that stage were enjoyin it,and apprieciative of them..mel was having all sort of problems with her keyboard for the first half of the set...which sparked up miraculasly half way through,she played her violin but was about to explode with frustration about it...she is a shacknet pinup quite often............there played a good mix of songs,their new album tracks were outstanding...must be worth a dabble like...i really enjoyed their set...and they seemed to be enjoyin it as well..........was a great crowd in leeds last night....they were gonna give up a few months ago...they do well on me mate mac and laura`s label merge*...but they are constantly skint...erm just like us....i hope they shift some volume...........

* i say me mate,but i aint seen him that much at all,and superchunk hate europe....but we mail from time.......i did take them shoppin once for whoopsies at asda........
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Oh my god Graeme! Why have you been hiding this amazing band from us for so long!!?
I'm incredibly low on cash so I'm (bashfully) downloading their albums right now, but I bought the new vinyl a few minutes ago...Positively brill!!!!! Should be able to buy the rest of the LP's Merge has pressed to wax next month and I'll snatch all the CD's after the 15th's paycheck. WOW.
WOW
WOW
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:24 pm

welcome to our world paul...get yaself on here www.shacknet.co.uk

have a little dabble with the singles of the month spotify thingy....

glad you like them...............
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:50 pm

graeme wrote:
welcome to our world paul...get yaself on here www.shacknet.co.uk

have a little dabble with the singles of the month spotify thingy....

glad you like them...............

spotify isn't available in the US ...yet. of course, they've been saying "yet" for over a year now so I don't get my hopes up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Graeme, I do believe your mentioning of The Clientele has now led to a whole new pyramiding sub-group of fans. I can confirm that 5 different people have bought their new CD from Merge (not including me, I grabbed the LP) as a result of me posting everywhere I can about how awesome it is, one buyer has sent the audio stream link to everybody in his office and they think it's fantastic, I'm certain that will result in buying copies, I'm getting dozens of "thumbs up" on my facebook post regarding the album, which will probably be reposted on FB pages with more friends than myself, which more than likely will result in more CD purchases, and the interest will either snuff out right there or turn into a cascading multitude of new listeners.

So graeme is like The Clientele's most important fan today. His connections to more socially networked people (me) have spawned a thousand more fans due to his short review on a completely unrelated topic in a forum for a fans of a band almost entirely dissimilar in style. :D

This is one of those days where I really love the internet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graeme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:04 pm

thanks paul but its shacknet that networked and put the cash in mac and alasdairs pocket....i just mentioned this on another thread..this is hopefully what`ll happen for camera obscura...i think its what tracyanne is hintin at...i left a message for alasdair on his site n`all...fairplay to you andd your mates...erm carry on..........and also this is why forums blow most other stuff away...it spreads like wild fire...to the people who wanna talk about music,bands etc....yeah forums can be everythin,a laugh,serious discussion whatever...its not just a load of quickfire nonsense...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura 2003 fib   

Back to top Go down

camera obscura 2003 fib
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1