camera obscura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

camera obscura mute fan base shocker

Go down 
+2
tonybolony
graeme
6 posters
AuthorMessage
graeme
Admin
graeme

camera obscura mute fan base shocker Empty
PostSubject: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:47 pm

hi all,I suppose this post is to have a gripe about the lack of posts,erm we are still here,i`m gettin a bit tired of prostitutin this on the camera obscura myspace...my work is done....keep on postin if ya wanna.....hopefully its nowt i`m doin at admin..............
Back to top Go down
https://cameraobscura.forumotion.com
tonybolony

tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:55 pm

ya - i hear ya on that! i been busy busy but still finding time to hear about this tour - the few posts i've seen have been great but all really seems quiet on the CO front... i just signed on to the volunteer firefighters here as coin is pretty tight these days so less time off. Im hoping that thats why we dont see too much lately??? anyhow - at worst, we handful can keep each other entertained (somewhot??) Very Happy
bolony
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 8:30 am

volunteer firefighters here as coin is pretty tight these days

i wish i could volunteer for stuff for extra cash,at least then i could afford to go to morecombe on monday...grim................
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:53 pm

derek, graeme, paul, tonybolony, TracyanneLovesTheGers,.bloody hell full hit cept for pete an bluecru
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:38 am

Hey ! I missed the boat ha ha !

My fave forum. Been happy reading the guys posts this past month or so.

I've got a RTW trip in the planning. Unfortunately, I'll be away when CO hit this shores again. My timing stinks Crying or Very sad

I'm now up to 488 albums on the 160gb ipod, still going....but all the CO stuff is on Very Happy

We have been over doing the beer and wine in celebration/wind down.

Michelle said this w/e..." you now what ? Camera Obscura are absolutely beautiful, this album and the others have just got better and better "

there was a slight pause...

then " How did you seem to know straight way how special this band was ?"

I couldn't answer.... it would have taken me all night Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:20 pm

soory to forget ya pete..i also forgot sixthofmay..again apologies....everyone welcome....and stuff....
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Camera Obscura's fan base has quite possibly doubled, perhaps tripled in the last touring year. They've been to practically every location on this godforsaken planet. Why have we only got two or three new regulars on the forum in that amount of time? Sigh.

If it's me that's scaring you folk away, I'll shut up, really I will.
Back to top Go down
johnfm

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:33 am

I love the band, but I guess I mostly view forums for news on releases, sessions, and live shows, and when that isn't happening I don't have much to say. I am happy this forum is here, I enjoy reading posts, but I am probably more of a lurker.

This is probably an odd question, but is there a way to change the background and/or text colors on the front page? Truth be told, the pale blue on grey has such little contrast that I have a hard time reading it, even when zooming in. I looked for some other kind of style sheet (if that is the correct term). I know this is just my problem, I have terrible vision and an old monitor.

I also was a bit confused on what this means:
"camera obscura :: Your first category :: Your first forum"
It makes me think there are other categories and other forums that are in some way related. Are there "second" categories and forums? I am just curious.

I would love to change the colors though Smile
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:14 am

I know how to do what you speak of, add higher contrast themes for the choosing, but I'm not an admin. Erm... Graeme?
Now that I think about it, I actually made a theme like that a long time ago for the fan site that never came to be. (Though it's still on my to-do list.) I could probably easily integrate it here. It be: http://forum.cameraobscurafanclub.net/
Probably will want to change that header image to something more up to date. Got lots of tour photos now to snatch from...

As for the categories, (camera obscura :: Your first category :: Your first forum), those are the default fields on forumotion when you don't enter anything in yourself. They probably can be changed, though these days I kind of look at the lack of customization as endearingly quirky. Ha.

Thanks for pipin in, even if it's just this one time.
Back to top Go down
graeme
Admin
graeme

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:35 am

hiya john.....i am the admin gimp...i sorted this site as more of a place to jangle cos the net was sadly lacking....if you,or paul wanna revamp colours/pic,anythin or whatever,just p.m me and i`ll give ya the password..i`m not precious about this kinda stuff...............its not my site but ours............
Back to top Go down
johnfm

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Thanks for the replies Paul and Graeme (that's my step cat's names Smile we call him G-Boy for short). You certainly don't want me mucking about with anything related to settings. I am suddenly feeling very tech-deficient. Paul, if you have any inclination to do so, and no one else has any objections, it might be nice for a little makeover if it is not much of a bother. However, If people are fine with it as is, I wouldn't want anyone changing anything on my behalf. I did look at the link you provided, and I do like that photo you have there.
Back to top Go down
derek

derek

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:54 pm

johnfm... you going to the Richmond show in June?
Back to top Go down
johnfm

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:59 pm

derek wrote:
johnfm... you going to the Richmond show in June?

That's about 2 hours away, so I am kind of doubting it, sad to say. I saw them the last time they came to DC, and my girlfriend liked them a lot. It is always nice to have some mutual music to like. We've also been to see The Wedding Present, The Feelies and The Church (and The Church again later this month). I am safe with playing music that runs on the sweeter side of indie but The Fall (see Simpsonized Mark E. there as proof) will continue to be "my" thing only.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: camera obscura mute fan base shocker   camera obscura mute fan base shocker Empty

Back to top Go down

camera obscura mute fan base shocker
Page 1 of 1