camera obscura

a website for fans of glasgow pop group camera obscura

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

some live unreleased songs or covers??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tonybolony

PostSubject: some live unreleased songs or covers??   Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:59 pm

i was jus reading the parkandride blog and saw a setlist that David Moore added after a show in Oct of 2003 and it had Do You Believe In Magic [Lovin Spoonful] and he mentions a Chris Mortez song "the more i see you" (from 1967) that wasnt played. Do we hav any LONG time fans of CO here that have heard some of these cover tunes that i keep coming across? i've tried without success to track down some old bootlegs that had the possibility of some rare tracks.. Sad it also got me thinkin - are there any unreleased CO tracks? i mean original stuff that they didnt feel was good enough for commercial distribution.. i only ask because a buddy of mine is pals with some "medium-level" bands here in Canada and he has demo tapes of stuff that never reached the light of day and some is pretty good. anyhow though id thro the question out thar
tony

PS - jus noticed that I'm ole topic #100! sweet!

Last edited by tonybolony on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonybolony

PostSubject: Re: some live unreleased songs or covers??   Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:08 pm

ha cool! they even played the national anthem (i assume scotland's! Wink) at a show on Sep of 03 and a tune called "If I Could Talk I'd Tell You"? dont know that one - hafta lookit up...

edit - ahh Lemonheads song..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
derek

PostSubject: Re: some live unreleased songs or covers??   Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:47 pm

I'd love to hear their version of "If I could Talk I'd Tell You". Probably my 2nd favorite Lemonheads song (behind "Big Gay Heart").
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: some live unreleased songs or covers??   Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:57 pm

I've never really been a fan of cover versions per se, but the CO interpretations are inspired, so I'm all for more. Perhaps thats a whole new thread ie. What would be a great song for TC to sing/cover. I mean Sheena Easton for Chrissakkkeeees Shocked Who would ever have thought ? I'm a big fan of the LEMONHEADS to, so thats a real surprise for me ( I agree Derek BGH is one of my all time faves too ! )

I'm seeing the band in a couple of weeks in Berlin, if I meet them I hopefully won't be so tongue tied this time and perhaps I can remember to ask these type of questions Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.TheSunOnHisBack.com
derek

PostSubject: Re: some live unreleased songs or covers??   Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:10 pm

Pete wrote:
I'm seeing the band in a couple of weeks in Berlin, if I meet them I hopefully won't be so tongue tied this time and perhaps I can remember to ask these type of questions Cool

They're really nice and easy to talk to if you can work up your nerve!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some live unreleased songs or covers??   

Back to top Go down

some live unreleased songs or covers??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1